• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hidden story in Luck's retirement. State has 3 starting QBs in the NFL and nothing to show for it. State, UNC, and Duke could have 5 or 6 starting QBs by the end of the season.
State's QBs have 2 HOF careers, a Super Bowl, and the second highest career QB rating in league history as of now (yes, a flawed stat but still). I guess I'm confused.

If State fans can't talk highly of Phillip's career, I guess us Wake fans can't say diddly poo about CP3.

I think the point PH was making is that State had the benefit of NFL quarterbacking for years, and State has nothing to show for it, other than a Gator Bowl.

That would be the point. They’ve consistently had NFL QBs for almost 20 years.

I read that completely wrong. I'm an idiot.

Hmm i wonder if you gave points for draft picks (7 for first rounder down to 1 for 7th rounder) then compared that to wins State would have to be near the bottom right? Very few do less with more...

I love it. And it's the only thing State fans cling to in football discussions. "Look at all our QBs in the NFL we're QBU"

Uhhh yeah, sure. 0 ACC championships to show for it. Actually, you never even won the atlantic.

I have 2 lowers for the Rams game if anyone is looking to go.

Section 205 Row 20

It's the back row up against the suites in the lower level, so you don't have anyone behind you. Protected by the overhang from elements

160.00 per ticket (Face + taxes) if anyone wants to go

Looks like there’s some chatter out there about trading or cutting Gano in favor of Slye.

https://www.catscratchreader.com/20...should-trade-graham-gano-to-the-chicago-bears

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...kick-may-have-decision-to-make-on-his-future/

The Panthers owe Gano $3.68 million this year, the second year of a four-year deal he signed prior to the 2018 season. The Panthers would pay more against the cap by cutting Gano, but they could dangle him as trade bait if they wish to keep Slye. This is where the Panthers would like to see Gano kick this week in case they plan on trading Slye to a kicker-needy team instead of releasing him with no compensation.

2019 Carolina Panthers Preseason

Gano is out for 8 weeks and Slye just drilled a 59 yarder in one of the purest kicks I’ve ever seen. No way Hurney blows this one. It’s foolproof.

Gano on IR, NOT eligible to return this season. Looks like it's Slyes time to shine. Hope he works out!

Does he count against the cap on IR? They should just cut his ass, Slye looks like a much better move anyway.

Hope Cam is superman this year.

I am hearing that Allen will be back up with Grier 3rd string.

Neither of those 2 guys can win a game. Heinicki would at least give you a chance to win a couple of games is Cam has to sit for a few games.

Hope Cam is superman this year.

I am hearing that Allen will be back up with Grier 3rd string.

Neither of those 2 guys can win a game. Heinicki would at least give you a chance to win a couple of games is Cam has to sit for a few games.

Picking Grier was such a bad move. Same with Scarlett. There was no way they were going to go with two rookies behind CMC. So why draft a RB? Backup RBs are probably the easiest position to get as a UFA. Just doesn't make sense to waste a draft pick on a position that's completely settled. Just bring in UFAs. Now Hurney forced himself to keep a 3rd QB and keep Scarlett over Holyfield.

Picking Grier was such a bad move. Same with Scarlett. There was no way they were going to go with two rookies behind CMC. So why draft a RB? Backup RBs are probably the easiest position to get as a UFA. Just doesn't make sense to waste a draft pick on a position that's completely settled. Just bring in UFAs. Now Hurney forced himself to keep a 3rd QB and keep Scarlett over Holyfield.

#Hurneymagic

He just keeps reminding us why he was fired the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back