• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. CAP got cut. Guess we are going with two rookies.

He’s been running second team all preseason right? Every roster projection had him making it.

Scarlett was out for a few weeks with a back injury. He always had the inside track to the back up role. At that point, it’s just who you want at 3rd string. A rookie makes more sense to me, especially with Armah on the roster

53 man roster is out. Kept Scarlett, Holyfield, and Bonnafon at RB. Cut Godwin at WR and only kept 5. I’m guessing Bonnafon and Godwin go to the practice squad and Hurney gets a WR off waivers.

53 man roster is out. Kept Scarlett, Holyfield, and Bonnafon at RB. Cut Godwin at WR and only kept 5. I’m guessing Bonnafon and Godwin go to the practice squad and Hurney gets a WR off waivers.

Keeping 4 RBs and a FB seems crazy to me. I would have preferred us to have kept Godwin and cur Holyfield. Only way it makes sense is if the staff thought Holyfield would have been picked up by another team, and that Godwin is likely to make the practice squad.

How many other teams have 4 RBs and a FB? We have to be the only one right?

Yep. We'd be in very good shape now. Bonnafon is the only player on the 53 man roster who returned a punt or kickoff in the preseason.

Last edited:
Yeah, Godwin did a good job on punt returns this preseason. Bonnafon and Holyfield were both productive. Scarlett was also pretty good when he got his chance. CAP was just dead weight though and we're getting two rookie backs for the sam salary we were paying CAP.

2019 Carolina Panthers Preseason

Panthers claimed some WR named Brandon Zylstra and released Torrey Smith. Zylstra had 8 catches in the preseason and didn’t have any returns. They claimed Ray-Ray McCloud too.

Our WR corps is screwed if DJ and Curtis don’t progress or get injured. Could have used that 3rd round pick on a WR instead of dumpster diving.

Last edited:
Ph all season long

“Panthers convert on a short 3rd and 3, could have had 3rd and 2 or better if we didn’t draft Grier in the 3rd”

Ph all season long

“Panthers convert on a short 3rd and 3, could have had 3rd and 2 or better if we didn’t draft Grier in the 3rd”

It was a baffling move. Just hope Hurney is gone soon. Holyfield and Seymour got cut too.

It was a baffling move. Just hope Hurney is gone soon. Holyfield and Seymour got cut too.

I can't understand why he is here at all. How many failed execs get a second chance with the same organization. Would rather have Gettleman if I had to chose.

I can't understand why he is here at all. How many failed execs get a second chance with the same organization. Would rather have Gettleman if I had to chose.

I really don’t think it was that baffling. And what has Hurney done wrong this time around other than Grier in the 3rd, assuming he busts?

I think Hurney had an A or A- offseason, what could he have possibly done different or better?

2019 Carolina Panthers Preseason

Really? We got maybe one starter from the draft in Burns. Who looks great. Who was his best offseason signing? Paradis? Irvin? Boston?

And Paradis was to replace a retired player who came out of retired to play for the Jets.

He had to pick up two returners from waivers.

Why do you think this was an A or A- offseason?

Really? We got maybe one starter from the draft in Burns. Who looks great. Who was his best offseason signing? Paradis? Irvin? Boston?

And Paradis was to replace a retired player who came out of retired to play for the Jets.

He had to pick up two returners from waivers.

Why do you think this was an A or A- offseason?

Are we really going to judge a draft class before week 1? CMC didn't start week 1, was that draft class a bust? DJ didn't start week one, another bust?

Burns, Little, and Miller all have potential to be great picks down the road. Burns could be a home run. Let's pump the brakes on busting a draft class that hasn't had a chance to record a single stat yet.

Bringing in McCoy is my top move of the offseason. I think he has also been great with contracts as well. Daryl Williams comes to mind on that front, remember he was a UFA this offseason. He locked Reid down for multiple years, also an UFA.

I just don't see a single move that Hurney can be criticized for at this point other than trading up for Little and drafting Grier. I'll hold 2 seasons on bitching about that and let the players develop.

You’re the one giving out grades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back