• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously the Jets are the Jets for a reason and will fuck up every possible situation, which explains why he was on the practice squad after his college career and the preseason. But hopefully somebody with the Panthers has enough common sense to give him some time at WR. He was simply a better college WR than anyone else on the roster, hopefully somebody realizes that and gives him a few plays to see what he can do.

Completely agree and Dortch definitely deserves some snaps over Wright. 2 catches a game just isn't something to get excited about and Dortch would provide for so much more upside on YACs. The very fact Panthers picked him up off Jets PS gives me great hope he will turn into an All-Pro as that would be so typical Jets.

2019 Carolina Panthers (4-2) Dortch!!

The Panthers moved up WR DeAndrew White from the practice squad. Dortch may get a shot. Only Wright and maybe Zylstra are between him and the field. He basically gives you what Samuel does though.

Last edited:
Haha. Just looked at Carolina depth chart. Van rotten at guard? Best lineman name ever. I expect him to look and play like conrad dobler.

The Panthers moved up WR DeAndrew White from the practice squad. Dortch may get a shot. Only Wright and maybe Zylstra are between him and the field. He basically gives you what Samuel does though.

Except that Dortch can actually catch the ball when thrown to him the majority of the time and doesn't need to take a handoff to be effective. If I'm Rivera, Samuel is my kick returner and Dortch is my WR2. Frank Garcia is usually an idiot, but he has repeatedly made a good point about Samuel: if this guy was going to actually be the receiver that people think he should be given his physical traits, he would have done it by now. He didn't do it in college and he hasn't done it in the NFL. Non-QBs usually don't get better relative to their peers as they age. He is what he is, a marginal WR3 and gadget guy.

Except that Dortch can actually catch the ball when thrown to him the majority of the time and doesn't need to take a handoff to be effective. If I'm Rivera, Samuel is my kick returner and Dortch is my WR2. Frank Garcia is usually an idiot, but he has repeatedly made a good point about Samuel: if this guy was going to actually be the receiver that people think he should be given his physical traits, he would have done it by now. He didn't do it in college and he hasn't done it in the NFL. Non-QBs usually don't get better relative to their peers as they age. He is what he is, a marginal WR3 and gadget guy.

Comparing Jamie Newman to Trevor Lawrence is no longer the dumbest post in this thread. Yikes

How many drops does Samuel have this year? And how many freak catches does he have? He's having an excellent season

Dortch is going to go down as a top-3 return man in Panthers history. Heard it here first.

1 drop on 43 targets

There is a difference between what the stat geeks count as a "drop" versus balls that should be caught by an NFL WR1-WR3. We discussed on this thread earlier this season how he wasn't officially credited with a "drop" on a ball he should have caught. When the ball is in the air towards him are you confident that he is going to catch it? I'm sure as hell not.

Comparing Jamie Newman to Trevor Lawrence is no longer the dumbest post in this thread. Yikes

You can’t be serious. Before his injury, Newman was showing up higher than Lawrence on almost every list, ACC QBs, national QBs, PFF, even Heisman. Lawrence is getting trashed in the media. I was being nice not mocking you all about this.

Samuel is basically a WR3 given that CMC is basically a hybrid 3 down RB and WR1. And Samuel would be the actual WR3 if the Panthers were to draft a bigger better WR a la Surratt.

You can’t be serious. Before his injury, Newman was showing up higher than Lawrence on almost every list, ACC QBs, national QBs, PFF, even Heisman. Lawrence is getting trashed in the media. I was being nice not mocking you all about this.

Samuel is basically a WR3 given that CMC is basically a hybrid 3 down RB and WR1. And Samuel would be the actual WR3 if the Panthers were to draft a bigger better WR a la Surratt.

0/32 teams would take Newman over Lawrence if given the choice today. The same number as the beginning of the season. And Samuel is only a "WR3" due to target share in our offense. He has been excellent when called upon and has made a handful of amazing catches already this season that I haven't seen any other WR make in black and blue.

The Newman-Lawrence comparison doesn't look as dumb now as it did. That said, I do agree that nobody is going to take Newman over Lawrence right now - Lawrence is like 63-1 since his sophomore year of high school

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back