• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are thoughts about Eric Bieniemy as a possible head coach? I loved him as a player. Only two years as an OC and Reid and Mahomes get most of the credit for making that offense work. Long time RB coach so he may be able to get better use out of CMC. I don’t really know what the league buzz is around him but he seems like a popular interview this cycle.

Other than having Chris Berman's best nickname, I think he is just the Rooney Rule interview this cycle. Not to say he won't ever be a HC or deserve it or ultimately be a great hire, but I think most teams will say he needs more experience before getting a job this time around. They've got Reid, Mahomes, and Hill. How much is he really doing for that offense at this point?

What are thoughts about Eric Bieniemy as a possible head coach? I loved him as a player. Only two years as an OC and Reid and Mahomes get most of the credit for making that offense work. Long time RB coach so he may be able to get better use out of CMC. I don’t really know what the league buzz is around him but he seems like a popular interview this cycle.

I think Bieniemy would take the NYG job over Carolina because of more certainty at QB, and it sounds like NYG are interested. Which would suit me fine, because they're also interested in interviewing Martindale. Bieniemy appears to be 1 of the hotter coordinator names, and it seems like Reid has been pushing him as HC material.

Fewell was already interviewed.

Bieniemy has been an RB coach or OC in college or pro for 19 seasons. Coaches have been hired with less experience.

Fewell was already interviewed.

Bieniemy has been an RB coach or OC in college or pro for 19 seasons. Coaches have been hired with less experience.

Never would have guessed that.

It's impossible to tell if he's a serious candidate or just a Rooney Rule statistic. I'm not huge on any of the candidates at this point. All seem pretty meh to me.

I personally want Tomlin but haven't seen any smoke around that so doubt it's even a possibility at the point.

Yeah. He’s a lifer. He spent one season out of football between playing and coaching.

ccd71f34ed21f4a6fba4551728dd3072.jpg

there seems to be no buzz on Lincoln Riley to any NFL team. has he said he's staying at OU?

Giving up 63 in the playoffs during interview week probably not the best look :noidea:

2019 Carolina Panthers Thread

Interview with McDaniels on Jan 10.

Friday before a likely playoff game is weird.

McDaniels is also allegedly interviewing with 3 teams on the same day. Seems like Belichick just fucking with other teams again by sabotaging their hiring processes. Don't be duped by that shit.

McDaniels is also allegedly interviewing with 3 teams on the same day. Seems like Belichick just fucking with other teams again by sabotaging their hiring processes. Don't be duped by that shit.

Am I missing something? Why would Belichick want him to interview with multiple teams the Friday before a playoff game?

Other than having Chris Berman's best nickname, I think he is just the Rooney Rule interview this cycle. Not to say he won't ever be a HC or deserve it or ultimately be a great hire, but I think most teams will say he needs more experience before getting a job this time around. They've got Reid, Mahomes, and Hill. How much is he really doing for that offense at this point?

what the hell are you talking about - he's 50 years old and has been coaching since 2001 and in the NFL since 2006

Am I missing something? Why would Belichick want him to interview with multiple teams the Friday before a playoff game?

You think the 15 minutes that McDaniels is going to spend with each team to fuck with them is going to affect the offense they have been running for 10+ years?

My bad. 15 minutes should be enough for each team to decide if it wants him to be its next head coach...

Probably going to be set up like The Dating Game and all 3 teams will have a simultaneous interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back