• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we have a healthy Cam, we have two RBs and three WRs between Cam, CMC, DJ, and Samuel. Taking Lamb or Jeudy or a TE would be a luxury, not a necessity.

If we have a healthy Cam, we have two RBs and three WRs between Cam, CMC, DJ, and Samuel. Taking Lamb or Jeudy or a TE would be a luxury, not a necessity.

We really need an O-line and some pieces on defense.

Yeah, if we don’t take a bona fide ten-year starting OT I’m gonna scream.

We really need an O-line and some pieces on defense.

We've drafted a few OLs in recent years who at least have shown some promise. It may be too soon for management to give up on them. The new coach may think his staff can do better with what we have.

I'd love to get Odukah to go opposite Bradbury. Simmons could fit in at the other OLB and/or S. So much depends on the new coach's schemes though. The DL is solid with KK, McCoy, and Addison. If Burns can be a 4-3 DE, there's no need to pick a DE early.

Rivera gonna coach the Skins.

Not a Panthers fan, but it’s always fun to see the guy you fired get hired to fill basically the first open position.

Not a Panthers fan, but it’s always fun to see the guy you fired get hired to fill basically the first open position.

Meh, Ron is perfect for Washington, he’ll get them to .500 consistently and that’ll be good enough to win the East most years.

Meh, Ron is perfect for Washington, he’ll get them to .500 consistently and that’ll be good enough to win the East most years.

Yep. Consistently mediocre coach for a consistently mediocre franchise with consistently mediocre talent in a consistently mediocre division.

Talk in DC is that Snyder needs to wrap up the hire quickly, before candidates realize there are better places to be. Upper management, from Danny boy on down is pretty bad and meddlesome.

Andrew Thomas could fall to 7 and that would be awesome

Otherwise - I would think one of Jeudy, Derrick Brown, or Okudah would be available then

Andrew Thomas could fall to 7 and that would be awesome

Otherwise - I would think one of Jeudy, Derrick Brown, or Okudah would be available then

Odds are you would have at least 1 of the 2 OTs (UGa and Iowa) available at 7. Cin, Mia and LAC are all going to be looking QB, and Was will take Young. Det and NYG need help all over, so I doubt both go OT - and I doubt Okudah makes it past both.

Yep. Consistently mediocre coach for a consistently mediocre franchise with consistently mediocre talent in a consistently mediocre division.

Mediocre will be a step up for the 'Skins since Snyder purchased the team.

But if 3 super bowl trophies is a 'consistently mediocre franchise'... what does that make the Carolina Panthers?

Mediocre will be a step up for the 'Skins since Snyder purchased the team.

But if 3 super bowl trophies is a 'consistently mediocre franchise'... what does that make the Carolina Panthers?

Carolina is pretty much the golden standard of mediocrity over the last 25 years. See Rivera also being a perfect fit in Carolina.

"We won the Super Bowl in 1982, 1987, and 1991 and haven't been back since" is a weird flex against a franchise that started in 1995 and has been to the Super Bowl twice. It's especially weird after hiring that franchise's fired coach.

It's pretty funny that the Panthers have had four coaches and three of them got hired for four coach jobs. The only one who didn't was Seifert who was one of the winningest coaches of all-time.

Jeez Brad stick to something where you’re less likely to embarrass yourself, like sucking Trump’s cock.

I don't understand the Matt Rhule hype

Me neither. Giants fans are jizzing over themselves for him, but I don't get it. He "turned around" a Baylor program that has the advantage of notoriously paying its players more than anyone west of Tuscaloosa and was doing just fine from a W-L perspective well before he got there. So he got rid of some sexual predators; congratulations, but unless he is going to Dallas that has minimal relevance in the NFL. He has virtually no NFL experience, and usually college coaches with that sort of resume fall flat on their ass in the NFL.

Panthers last 5 top 10 picks turned out halfway decent. Peppers, Gross, Cam, Luke, & CMC. Hopefully this draft’s pick will turn out the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back