• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cincy takes Burrow, and because Wash already has Sweat and Kerrigan as outside rushers, I see them trading the rights to Tua to the highest bidder. Then Det gladly takes Young. Okudah won't get past Wash at #5 or 6. So yeah, at 7, Jeudy may still be on the board, and both Thomas and the Iowa OT should be there. OT isn't sexy, but when you can grab a franchise LT in the top-10, and it's a need, you do it gladly. We similarly got Stanley at 5 or 6. The other thing Wash could do is take Young at 2 and trade Kerrigan.

Kerrigan is going to be 32 years old. Passing on Young would be pretty dumb, and I can't imagine teams being willing to sell the farm for Tua at this point, given his injury history.

I was thinking if they had him on a cheap contract, that would enhance his value. Yeah, probably more like a 3rd or 4th. I think we got a 4th for Flacco last year, but he was on a more expensive contract. Dalton ain't great, but there will be worse starting options this offseason, and he's cheaper than the other options.

Kerrigan is going to be 32 years old. Passing on Young would be pretty dumb, and I can't imagine teams being willing to sell the farm for Tua at this point, given his injury history.

If they get a killing for trading back 3-4 spots, I can see them doing it - depends how desperate other teams could be for Tua, and with the medical concerns, they may or may not get that killing. The other issue Wash has is LT. Sounds like they're hoping Trent Williams will come back into the fold with Allen and the docs having been fired. If he doesn't, they could also be looking at LT. If he does come back, they'd probably take Young and trade Kerrigan or trade back if they can get a haul. The strength of that team right now is on their front 7.

We should root for Herbert to shoot up the draft boards. If the Panthers don’t want a QB and are content with any of the remaining top talents, we could slide down a few spots for teams who want him.

I can't see Tua lasting until 7 even if he gets jumped by Herbert. Detroit, Miami, and LAC all have to be strongly considering a QB, plus other teams like Oakland, Tampa, and Indy have to consider moving up. But if Tua does somehow magically drop to 7, the Panthers would be idiots to pass him up given the current situation.

Damn. This was only 2 years ago.

82457562_10157594707220056_224821995844403200_n.jpg

I have heard some rumors that Cam is on the trading block, if healthy

Former Panthers LB coach Al Holcomb hired as defensive run game coordinator. He was the LB/run D coach in Cleveland last season.

Former Panthers LB coach Al Holcomb hired as defensive run game coordinator. He was the LB/run D coach in Cleveland last season.

That hire makes sense, given that the Browns were 67 yards away from being DFL in run defense this year. They were actually worse than the Panthers in that category.

Cam is done. Here's the spark notes of a text string with my friend that's in the organization:

"He's done man. 100% healthy. Mentally broken. Had some major life changes not related to football in the offseason, I'm not going to disclose those but he can't get past it. Blaming the organization behind closed doors for not protecting him. He's 100% checked out on everything and I don't see him making it through this. I'm legit worried for more than his career right now"

RIP
Maybe this is what sd3 was referring to back in September

Cam should have stayed in the pocket. He doesn’t have protection off the field either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back