• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like CMc but what he brings to the table you can find in a 3rd round pick most years.

He looks like a productive 3-4th round pick, with a chance of getting resigned after his rookie contract. He looks like a waste of a first round pick.

Run game was effective against the Saints and Pats (granted, those defenses aren't exactly the best). Hopefully just a bad day

Effective, but the RBs only gained 96 yards on the ground. Cam had 44 yards.

Run game was effective against the Saints and Pats (granted, those defenses aren't exactly the best). Hopefully just a bad day

Running game closed out the win against the 49ers. That didn't happen yesterday.

55 yarder TBF. We shoulda punted, especially up 17

Given how well our defense was playing at the time and the situation, punting was ABSOLUTELY the right call in that situation. That FGA wasn't very smart IMO.

Panthers seemed to get a little unlucky on the field goal in the sense that it appeared to be a delay of game. I mean that was also our own fault so I don't expect to be rewarded for it, but with the delay we would've punted.

Panthers seemed to get a little unlucky on the field goal in the sense that it appeared to be a delay of game. I mean that was also our own fault so I don't expect to be rewarded for it, but with the delay we would've punted.

Might have been good from 60 yards though.

We certainly had enough flags the rest of the game so I was annoyed they didn't throw that one to save us from ourselves with that decision

why are we so bad about getting the play off on time? we had to call another first half timeout to avoid a delay and then should've had one on the kick

Might be a working with Larsen vs. Kalil thing. You'd think it'd be easier for Cam to see the play clock than them though

I feel like that's been a consistent problem for years. But maybe those are incorrect feels

Last edited:
You people will complain about anything. Would not marry.

Curtis Samuel taking a knee last night on the kickoff to the 10, lol

Definitely the play that pissed me off more than any other. 2nd was the 55 yard FG to extend the lead from 17 to 20. Took forever to make the decision, therefore the snap and kick appeared rushed in order to beat the play clock. OK with it if we were up 14.

Gotta wonder what the Eagles are doing to gameplan for Ed Dickson.

You can't stop him; you can only hope to contain him.
Guessing they triple team him, hoping to keep him under 125 yards.

This talk of CMC not being worthy of a 1st round pick is ridiculous. Waaaaayyyyyy to early to tell for a rook. The kid definitely has breakout ability you don't see for typical 2nd - 3rd rounders. We saw it in preseason and honestly believe with how much we got him the ball in our 1st game has had teams game planning to stop him. It is not just the Panthers that see the talent CMC has but other teams recognize the huge mismatch he can cause against LBs/others when he gets the ball on screens/quick outs. I have never seen as many plays where LBs/DBs move to follow him as we have early on for the Panthers hence Fozzy's easy TD vs Pats, wide open Dickson vs. 49ers and honestly probably a big part of why Dickson got so open yesterday as teams are focused on not letting CMC make big plays and making sure he is covered coming out of the backfield otherwise he will pop a big one.

I also believe now that we have gradually reduced his touches and getting JStew more touches and our WRs are stepping up that you will see teams not focus as much on CMC as the hype dies down and you will see some HUGE games from him in the weeks to come. Mark it down. CMC is going to be a game changer in the weeks ahead.

Panthers 31, Birdies 17

Finally gonna put one away this week in front of a Raucous crowd Thursday night at the bank. 5-1 will feel extremely good, especially after losing that Saints game in what seems like a different season at this point. Lets go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back