• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This talk of CMC not being worthy of a 1st round pick is ridiculous. Waaaaayyyyyy to early to tell for a rook. The kid definitely has breakout ability you don't see for typical 2nd - 3rd rounders. We saw it in preseason and honestly believe with how much we got him the ball in our 1st game has had teams game planning to stop him. It is not just the Panthers that see the talent CMC has but other teams recognize the huge mismatch he can cause against LBs/others when he gets the ball on screens/quick outs. I have never seen as many plays where LBs/DBs move to follow him as we have early on for the Panthers hence Fozzy's easy TD vs Pats, wide open Dickson vs. 49ers and honestly probably a big part of why Dickson got so open yesterday as teams are focused on not letting CMC make big plays and making sure he is covered coming out of the backfield otherwise he will pop a big one.

I also believe now that we have gradually reduced his touches and getting JStew more touches and our WRs are stepping up that you will see teams not focus as much on CMC as the hype dies down and you will see some HUGE games from him in the weeks to come. Mark it down. CMC is going to be a game changer in the weeks ahead.

ABSOLUTELY. Well said. I agree 100%.

This talk of CMC not being worthy of a 1st round pick is ridiculous. Waaaaayyyyyy to early to tell for a rook. The kid definitely has breakout ability you don't see for typical 2nd - 3rd rounders. We saw it in preseason and honestly believe with how much we got him the ball in our 1st game has had teams game planning to stop him. It is not just the Panthers that see the talent CMC has but other teams recognize the huge mismatch he can cause against LBs/others when he gets the ball on screens/quick outs. I have never seen as many plays where LBs/DBs move to follow him as we have early on for the Panthers hence Fozzy's easy TD vs Pats, wide open Dickson vs. 49ers and honestly probably a big part of why Dickson got so open yesterday as teams are focused on not letting CMC make big plays and making sure he is covered coming out of the backfield otherwise he will pop a big one.

I also believe now that we have gradually reduced his touches and getting JStew more touches and our WRs are stepping up that you will see teams not focus as much on CMC as the hype dies down and you will see some HUGE games from him in the weeks to come. Mark it down. CMC is going to be a game changer in the weeks ahead.
Meh, RB is one of those positions you expect a rookie to make an immediate impact. It’s not to early to tell that Fournet was worthy of a first round draft pick for example.

Meh, RB is one of those positions you expect a rookie to make an immediate impact. It’s not to early to tell that Fournet was worthy of a first round draft pick for example.

The Jags need Fournette to be a workhorse A LOT more than we need CMC to be one. Same with Gurley (and he had a bad rookie season). Same was with Cook. Stewart is still our bellcow.

In Hurley’s first year he had 1,100 yards, was Rookie of the Year and went to the Pro Bowl.

Running back is one of the few positions where what you get from a guy in his rookie season is pretty indicative of what his career will look like, at least for most. Some get a lot better with experience but not that many.

In Hurley’s first year he had 1,100 yards, was Rookie of the Year and went to the Pro Bowl.

LOL.

His second year, the whole franchise was a dumpster fire. Gurley is a great talent.

Mike Remmers just gave up a safety.

When he was called for holding my wife looked at me and said “imagine Remmers holding someone” while rolling her eyes.

yeah, running back is the least developmental position in the NFL. You pretty much know what you got 4 games into your career if you are getting playing time and carries. With CMC, we now know he is a very good receiver out of the backfield, a pretty good punt returner, and below average as a runner. He still can be a valuable player for the Panthers but value wise he is about a 3rd rounder.

Now I like the guy so I hope he proves me wrong.

yeah, running back is the least developmental position in the NFL. You pretty much know what you got 4 games into your career if you are getting playing time and carries. With CMC, we now know he is a very good receiver out of the backfield, a pretty good punt returner, and below average as a runner. He still can be a valuable player for the Panthers but value wise he is about a 3rd rounder.

Now I like the guy so I hope he proves me wrong.

Dude has 100 yds rushing (half to a third of what some all-times had during their first 5 games) on probably half or a third of the rushing attempts they had. All that and as much or more receiving yardage out of the backfield than they did.

He's a different kind of back and the Panthers are still working him into their offense. Don't count him out yet.

Yep. People are counting out CMC the same way they counted out HOF Ed Dickson and look how that turned out.

How many snaps is Moton getting? 5 games in and our entire draft either barely plays, can't get on the field, or looks like a stud for the Chiefs.

That's much worse than I thought. Here is a Rookie Report (along with O, D, and ST):
http://pantherswire.usatoday.com/20...eport-a-look-at-the-panthers-through-4-games/

[h=1]Rookie Report[/h] Christian McCaffrey has struggled as a run and excelled as a pass catcher. The rookie has made 22 catches for 206 yards, and is on pace for 800+ yards on the year, the most ever by a Panthers running back. He has struggled mightly running between the tackles, however, and is averaging less than three yards per carry. McCaffrey has still shown potential in making people miss in space, however, and has not lost any of his shiftiness since college. It’s quite possible that he is still adjusting to the NFL and its faster pace.
The rest of the rookies have struggled to make it on the field this year. Curtis Samuel has been fighting the injury bug since mini camp, and only has one rush and four receptions for eight yards on the year. Taylor Moton has failed to get involved on a struggling offensive line, for reasons unknown. Daeshon Hall has been a healthy scratch two of the four games thus far, and Alex Armah was called up to play fullback after week two when Greg Olsen went down.
-------

Hall joined Elder on IR. CMC is getting fewer and fewer touches a game. Samuels barely gets on the field. Armah plays a position we barely use. But Butker is killing it for the Chiefs. GMan wasted the #8 pick.

CMC, Bradberry, and Worley are the only impact players from the last 2 drafts. And only Bradberry looks like a potential franchise player.

Shaq and Funchess are starting to come into their own. Otherwise the 2015 draft would look like a complete bust too.

I continue to be amazed by the CMC negativity. Just astonished. The Panthers have TERRIBLE rushing Yards per attempt. Stewart either doesn't get back to the line of scrimmage most of the time and then somehow gets 7 yards on about 1 out of 6 rushes. Because he gets so many attempts. He's averaging 3.3 yards. That's awful. We are getting NO run blocking, and a big reason is no Kalil in the middle. He carries that front in the rushing game. CMC has had NOTHING to work with when he gets a rushing attempt between the tackles. With more attempts, he will break some bigger ones. That guy is going to be a great player. Shula is loving him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back