• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I don't know how you watch the Patriots win the Super Bowl again with those little receivers running all over the place and think to yourself, "Man, we need to get a J-Stew clone and some blockers."

I think what's confusing is we took Percy Harvin/Tavon Austin types with both our first and second round picks when it can be somewhat difficult to fit in even one of those guys into an NFL offense

We got some great Ringer pieces talking about how we're gonna revolutionize the NFL offense though!

Personally I side with the "way too early to say" crowd. I subscribe to the fact that the offense has opened up due to McCaffrey's presence, and we just really haven't seen much of anything from Samuel yet since he hasn't been healthy all season.

we have 2 giant, slowish WRs on the outside and let Ted Ginn walk in FA. we desperately needed a good slot burner to stretch the defense.

Ph putting in some impressive work on this thread today

we have 2 giant, slowish WRs on the outside and let Ted Ginn walk in FA. we desperately needed a good slot burner to stretch the defense.

Is that a route on his tree though? Could be the injury but I can't remember throwing the ball to him more than 15 yards from the LOS.

Is that a route on his tree though? Could be the injury but I can't remember throwing the ball to him more than 15 yards from the LOS.

i would hope so as he ran a 4.31 at the combine. i haven't seen him do much of anything this year so far. the idea was CMC would stretch the defense horizontally (check) and samuel would stretch them vertically (nothing so far).

He's been injured and has had 10 targets so far. Considering we're throwing it 20+ yards to the tight end, I would think a long ball would be on Samuel's route tree. This is like talking to a female about routes.

74d.jpg

We don't even know if Samuels is a full-time WR.

Fuck your couch needs CMC to pan out because he went all in, hot takes like he will be on the field for all there downs despite not being a 3 down back, will win OROY, and he is a jack of all trades comparable to the Lebron of the NFL. Claims any criticism was because he was a white player, instead of the fact he was a reach first round pick where similar value is often found in the 3rd round, see rookie Alvin Kamara

Fuck your couch needs CMC to pan out because he went all in, hot takes like he will be on the field for all there downs despite not being a 3 down back, will win OROY, and he is a jack of all trades comparable to the Lebron of the NFL. Claims any criticism was because he was a white player, instead of the fact he was a reach first round pick where similar value is often found in the 3rd round, see rookie Alvin Kamara

i did go all in (the Lebron shit was obviously tongue in cheek), but people actually were complaining that he was white. panthers have had 314 offensive snaps this season, CMC has been on the field for 216, JStew has been on the field for 148. 3rd down back wouldn't be seeing 70% of the snaps.

Alvin Kamara has 91 out 259 snaps. 36% looks like 3rd down back, though that should go up with AD gone.

i also like good player at this position is drafted in the 3rd round so you shouldn't draft anyone from that position in the 1st. we drafted steve smith in the 3rd round, why the hell does anyone draft a 1st round reciever. hell people wanted OJ Howard in the first and freaking Ed Dickson just dropped 2 bills on the Lions, guess no one should ever draft a high pick TE.

Which makes 3rd rounder Alvin Kamara an even worse look for CMC where he's playing 35% of the snaps with 5.5 Y/A, 83 Yds, 1 TD; 7.4 Y/R, 147 Yds, 1 TD compared to 2.8 Y/A, 96 Yds 0 TD; 8.8 Y/R, 237 Yds, 1 TD

Which makes 3rd rounder Alvin Kamara an even worse look for CMC where he's playing 35% of the snaps with 5.5 Y/A, 83 Yds, 1 TD; 7.4 Y/R, 147 Yds, 1 TD compared to 2.8 Y/A, 96 Yds 0 TD; 8.8 Y/R, 237 Yds, 1 TD

i like how you're using per attempt stats while saying it's worse for CMC because he's played more.

i guess it's settled then, 5 games in, HOF Kamara, bust CMC. Forget for the first 3 games of the year Cam couldn't even throw the ball.

The total yards are right in front of you with those stats too, total yards CMC 333 to 230 but when one team has had a bye makes sense to break it down to attempts. Breaking into per a game or any other way is just as bad, 66 yards a game to 57 yards a game with half the playing time.

Calling anyone a bust early is silly but so far he is not the dynamic play maker people made him out to be. Especially where the NFL trend for running backs is you better nail a 3 down all purpose back in the first round or just go with the committee of old people and late rounders.

the hope was he was going to be a kareem hunt type player but as i've said his production has been a disappointment so far. but if there was a redraft tomorrow kareem hunt is going in the top 5 even though he went in the 3rd round during actual draft.

Funch missing practice for a second straight day. That'd be a pretty big miss to be sans him, especially since the Eagles have been much more vulnerable through the air than on the ground thus far this season

the hope was he was going to be a kareem hunt type player but as i've said his production has been a disappointment so far. but if there was a redraft tomorrow kareem hunt is going in the top 5 even though he went in the 3rd round during actual draft.

Probably - but CMC numbers as the lead back in an Andy Reid offense behind that OL would be nuts too.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if the disappointment in CMC is way more other factors and less about him. The top two being shitty play calling for his abilities and shitty offensive line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back