• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
samuel is the age of a college junior right now. he turned 21 2 months ago and has been hurt all season and was a 2nd round pick. he is not getting cut in a year or two by any GM. and neither is moton who is just behind more experienced players.

Samuel's problem is his injury. Yes, he is healed enough to play, but a hamstring injury for a guy that relies on speed will be an on-going issue until he can give it complete rest. I am sure he wants to play and the Panthers want him to play, so there is no complete rest coming until the season is over with or, God forbid, he re-injures it and is put on IR. As it is, he is operating at somewhere around 85-90%, trying to make sure it doesn't go out before the end of the year.

Also, don't forget he is still learning. He missed all of training camp. Just like it took Cam 3 weeks to get going, it is taking Samuel time. And Cam knew the offense. Samuel is having to learn the offense, battle for playing time (remember starters get the majority of snaps in practice) and worry about re-injuring his hamstring all at the same time.

I was worried about the Samuel pick when it occurred. However, I am not ready to write him off by any means as the injury has slowed the progress we should see from him. As has been mentioned, it took Funchess 3 years and he was healthy. I think given time, Samuel can do great things, it just may not be this year.

Funchess, like Samuel, was also underage, and still transitioning to his position. Like I said earlier, WR is a position that usually takes about 3 years to learn in the NFL for all but the true freaks at the position. I expect Funchess to make another leap next year.

Samuel's problem is his injury. Yes, he is healed enough to play, but a hamstring injury for a guy that relies on speed will be an on-going issue until he can give it complete rest. I am sure he wants to play and the Panthers want him to play, so there is no complete rest coming until the season is over with or, God forbid, he re-injures it and is put on IR. As it is, he is operating at somewhere around 85-90%, trying to make sure it doesn't go out before the end of the year.

Also, don't forget he is still learning. He missed all of training camp. Just like it took Cam 3 weeks to get going, it is taking Samuel time. And Cam knew the offense. Samuel is having to learn the offense, battle for playing time (remember starters get the majority of snaps in practice) and worry about re-injuring his hamstring all at the same time.

I was worried about the Samuel pick when it occurred. However, I am not ready to write him off by any means as the injury has slowed the progress we should see from him. As has been mentioned, it took Funchess 3 years and he was healthy. I think given time, Samuel can do great things, it just may not be this year.

See #5 overall pick Corey Davis.

Seems Lane Johnson, Fletcher Cox and Smallwood could all be out tomorrow night.

Well, my first name is Dick. So I don't even know why I brought it up ph.

Worst day of every year for me was the first day of school home room roll call every year. Having a classroom of kids laugh out loud at your name was rough. Oh, and the nickname "Limp" in high school was wonderful. Smallwood and I can relate.

Worst day of every year for me was the first day of school home room roll call every year. Having a classroom of kids laugh out loud at your name was rough. Oh, and the nickname "Limp" in high school was wonderful. Smallwood and I can relate.

Couldn't you have gone by Richard, Rick, Rich, or even Ricky?

Dickwash?!?!?!?!

For those concerned about the CMC pick, it might be instructive to look at Iggles game tapes from the last few years and follow how Philly used #43 Darren Sproles. He won't play any more this season because of a torn ACL but looking at how he played in the Philly offense might give some hints about what CMC could do for the Panthers.

I’m worried that Torrey Smith is going to get behind our defense a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back