• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you should pay for good OL (Norwell) when you get them. It's so hard to find good offensive linemen. And he's incredibly consistent and reliable. And he plays a position that won't break the bank.

Our biggest need on the line is at center IMO. Larsen is fine, but we need a replacement for Kalil sooner rather than later. Good locker room guy, but he's probably done as a pro bowler.

Matt Kalil is our LT for another two years at least. His contract makes him unmovable; which is in contrast with how he plays.

:laugh:

Matt Kalil doesn’t have to be a starting LT.

Agree on getting a new C.

Mama Kalil will be sending the new owners and Hurney some cakes and pies.

that's a lot of money for a non-starting LT

It looks like there's a lot of LT talent, so much that there's no excuse for not picking up one in the 1st round.

It looks like there's a lot of LT talent, so much that there's no excuse for not picking up one in the 1st round.

No excuse ? Have you seen our receivers ? That's a pretty good excuse.

I assume Norwell will get a contract comparable to Trai Turner

I did see on reddit today that Norwell is the only offensive lineman in the NFL who did not allow his QB to be touched all season. Didn't allow a sack or QB hit all year. BEAST!

Our o-line is tough because in theory and on paper, they are pretty solid. Probably Shula's fault that they suck.

Would love to see us get some young competition for Matt Kalil through the draft.

We have a lot of cap space going into the offseason.... should be some good options at safety available

i assume that the jags can't keep marqise lee and allen robinson, would be cool to steal one of those guys

i assume that the jags can't keep marqise lee and allen robinson, would be cool to steal one of those guys

Yeah. WR accounts for about 4.5% of our 2018 cap hit. There's money to bring in a FA there.

And it's money we would have had to spend on KB

Some method to the madness if we sign a WR better than KB with the money that was earmarked for him

Exactly. This is the final and most tricky part of landing this trade for Hurney. If we get a good player with the Bills' 3rd round pick and land a legit WR (or other position) in free agency with that money, the trade is a clear win.

I do wonder what the free agent spending will be like as we transition to a new owner.

Anyways, lets get back to this week, we will have plenty of time to ponder next years roster after the superbowl. I think we have a good shot this weekend if we show up to play. Our d has been playing well and their D isn't playoff tough and tested at all. If we can slow their running game and get some pressure on Brees the turnover opportunities will be there. Hold them to under 24 points and we have a great shot to win. If we can get some productive carries from cmc and jstew along with Cam getting his usual 6-7 good scampers thats a good base to work off. I know the Saints have owned us but theres something to trying to beat a good team 3 times in one season. It's not that easy. I have faith cam will bounce back, we need at least one big play passing TD in my opinion to make sure we can either keep up with them or get a good lead. Score prediction:

Panthers 27
Saints 20

Then to philly then a nice 3 week vacation in Minnesota in the wintertime, just what everyone dreams about.

Depends on the owner. It's plausible the owner would want to start with a big splash FA or just resign guys and keep the roster stable.

What's the deal with NASCAR CEO Brian France? Seen his name pop up as a potential owner a few times today.

I've seen stories saying both he is a potential owner and that he's not so I have no idea. But not sure he's the person I'd want, Nascar hasn't exactly been a good model of consistent success the last few years.

No one ever says anything good about Brian France, but he's got a lot of money.

Lavar Ball and Mr. Richardson.

26168338_781898838669099_5481583712185180086_n.jpg

I've seen stories saying both he is a potential owner and that he's not so I have no idea. But not sure he's the person I'd want, Nascar hasn't exactly been a good model of consistent success the last few years.

Would we always run left if he buys us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back