• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Davante Adams is a FA next year. Probably no chance GB would let him go, plus the concussion issues, but that would be neat. Other options:

Allen Robinson
Jarvis Landry
Terelle Pryor
Sammy Watkins
Martavis Bryant

Pretty sure the Packers already gave Adams an extension. The other five are major question marks for different reasons.

Yeah Davante already got paid.

Would love to see Jarvis Landry, that guy is a beast. Would be cool with either clemson guy, they probably wouldnt break the bank. Do not want Terrelle pryor at all. Unless it is for pennies on the dollar and we treat him like a flyer to see if he's got any real talent.

Landry didn't have a single 100 yard receiving game this season.

True, he had a few close ones. But 9 TD catches and 112 catches is no joke, he would be a good addition to our offense. Now the locker room is a different question, could he fit in? I don't know

I do wonder what the free agent spending will be like as we transition to a new owner.

Anyways, lets get back to this week, we will have plenty of time to ponder next years roster after the superbowl. I think we have a good shot this weekend if we show up to play. Our d has been playing well and their D isn't playoff tough and tested at all. If we can slow their running game and get some pressure on Brees the turnover opportunities will be there. Hold them to under 24 points and we have a great shot to win. If we can get some productive carries from cmc and jstew along with Cam getting his usual 6-7 good scampers thats a good base to work off. I know the Saints have owned us but theres something to trying to beat a good team 3 times in one season. It's not that easy. I have faith cam will bounce back, we need at least one big play passing TD in my opinion to make sure we can either keep up with them or get a good lead. Score prediction:

Panthers 27
Saints 20

Then to philly then a nice 3 week vacation in Minnesota in the wintertime, just what everyone dreams about.

I just don’t see it. Having said that, I think the Saints are the best NFC team, or at least the most scary. If we can beat them I think we have a real shot at the SB. We won’t though.

NO 37
CAR 17

Sammy Watkins would be a natural fit. I also think he'd immediately be the best WR Cam's ever had not named Steve Smith. And he's 24.

Watkins, Funchess, Samuel, Byrd and a draft pick would be a dramatic turnaround at the position.

Have the Rams not picked up his fifth year option? Is that even transferrable if he's traded?

His got a high ceiling but his production is basically KB level.

His got a high ceiling but his production is basically KB level.

He has also played most of his pro career with a garbage QB. I think his numbers have improved as he has gotten more comfortable with an improving Goff.

I'm starting to think the Panthers have a decent shot this weekend if decent Cam shows up. The defense has got to be fired up and ready to go against Brees.

We need Cam to say something controversial in a press conference this week. Bad. Dude always plays lights out after that.

Watkins would be a great addition, with Cam he could be a really good WR. Then that speed with byrd samuel mcaffrey and Funchess as a legit #2 option. That sounds a hell of a lot better than what we are working with this weekend.

Need speed at WR and "good route runner" whether in draft for FA. Tired of these guys who cannot get separation. And no more giants bc Cam throws high.

Panthers need to win the turnover battle by two or three to have a shot on Sunday. Same thing I said leading up to the second matchup: Brees seemingly always eviscerates us, the running backs are studs, and the team overall is probably top 3 in the league. Now we're on the road in a playoff setting.

31-17 Saints (late TD for Panthers to cut it to the two touchdown final margin).

Win this game, hope for a Rams win and we cruise into Philly next week. Regardless of Philly or Minnesota I'll feel far better about the divisional game than the Saints game if we make it.

Watkins would be a great addition, with Cam he could be a really good WR. Then that speed with byrd samuel mcaffrey and Funchess as a legit #2 option. That sounds a hell of a lot better than what we are working with this weekend.

If he's healthy, which has been an issue since joining the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back