• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Great job by Pete recognizing that one of his employees killing someone is a great fundraising opportunity.

Great job by Pete recognizing that one of his employees killing someone is a great fundraising opportunity.

Except he didn’t do any fundraising.

It was sent by his campaign to people who aren't his constituents. It's campaigning and a crucial part of campaigning is fundraising.

Yeah, but it wasn't a fundraising email. It was a letter informing supporters about something that happened in his community.

yeah, i'm cynical but this was the one political sword dangling over his head. would be weird if he didn't address his supporters

yeah, i'm cynical but this was the one political sword dangling over his head. would be weird if he didn't address his supporters

Right. The big damning thing for Pete right now is firing the black police chief who (illegally) recorded cops using racial slurs but not firing South Bend cops who were caught on tape. Now a cop accused of using racial slurs by citizens and fellow cops killed a black man. He definitely needs to address it.

Last edited:
Well, at least handling those difficult tasks in a city one-third the size of Greensboro will train him to be our next president !

Seems competent.

20150220081319001_hd.jpg

She was actually speaking at a conference I attended a few months ago in Greensboro. I opted out.

Did you know that the mayors of NC's three largest cities are all women ?

Civil-Rights Icon John Lewis Defends Biden’s Segregationist Comments

I’m not a Biden supporter. But I think his comments can be understood as positive and need not be taken as an endorsement of anything other than civility and the value of trying to work with others, even if they are very differently disposed.

Of course, it’s Pubs more than Dems who’ve failed at this spectacularly.

Sure. It wasn't "offensive" and Booker didn't call him "racist." It was just a poorly conceived statement that didn't recognize the political realities then or now.

I suspect he'd pick some different folks as examples if he had it to do over again.

Yes, it's not encouraging that he seemed unaware of potential blowback.

For one thing, I heard the segregationist he talked about was a Democrat. All this speaks to a criticism that Biden is stuck in the past. He's an old politician whose life got extended because a popular president made him his VP. Every candidate except Bernie can hit him hard on not understanding the current political culture and every "back in my day" story Biden tells will reinforce it.

Last edited:
I wish he hadn't decided to run.

Maybe it can work out as a positive somehow in the end, but I wish he'd stayed out.

Back