• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Meh. Bernie has a long history of trying to get things done and failing. Warren has a short track record of being effective. The "OMG she was a Republican!" stuff is just Bernie bro fearmongering. Pete is a blank slate, so yeah, people are going to think whatever they want and there won't be much to confirm or counter it.

Bernie has done plenty, that's dumb. Outside congress, he's been an ardent advocate for civil rights for five decades. Burlington Community Land Trust, Congressional Progressive Caucus, IBM Pension $320M recovery, audited the fed, vet bill with McCain, got all sorts of amendments to ACA and recovery acts throughout Obama's tenure. When he failed, it was be cause he was doing things like voting against military force in Iraq in 1991, against the Patriot act three times, against War in Iraq II, against DOMA, against Keystone Pipeline, on and on.

I'm not afraid Warren will revert to her ways, I'm compelled by her story of the change in her politics. I think she's run an excellent campaign; she's got an incredible staff. I don't particularly like this play on M4A, but she'll get over it.

Pete...what a disappointment. Blank slate indeed. Almost as if being a mayor of a town that wouldn't be in the top 40 in population in Texas isn't Presidential experience. His merit badge collecting from McKinsey to Harvard to the Army worked in his favor so long as he had good ideas, but I'm not sure I should vote for him if he changes his mind based on who donates to him. I've seen that play out on infinite loop my entire lifetime.

If my preferred candidate was taking a bunch of industry money, I’d insist policy didn’t matter too.

source.gif

I think MHB knows how laws are made and understands that anything a President Pete signs will have Bernie and Warren's stamp of approval.

Pete...what a disappointment. Blank slate indeed. Almost as if being a mayor of a town that wouldn't be in the top 40 in population in Texas isn't Presidential experience. His merit badge collecting from McKinsey to Harvard to the Army worked in his favor so long as he had good ideas, but I'm not sure I should vote for him if he changes his mind based on who donates to him. I've seen that play out on infinite loop my entire lifetime.

Townie just fucked with Pete's soul like ether. Ouch.

/okboomer

Are this lazy?

Neither Dave Weigel nor Joe Biden are boomers. You are no less bigoted against boomers (and have shown this hundreds of times) than David Duke is against blacks and Jews. You are no less bigoted against boomers than Donald trump is against anyone who doesn't kiss his ass.

Quite simply you are a lazy bigot.

Are this lazy?

Neither Dave Weigel nor Joe Biden are boomers. You are no less bigoted against boomers (and have shown this hundreds of times) than David Duke is against blacks and Jews. You are no less bigoted against boomers than Donald trump is against anyone who doesn't kiss his ass.

Okay Boomer.

Are this lazy?

I hope that someday you get the help that you so clearly need, RJ.

ETA: It's a meme, you idiot.

Checking back in to see if Dems have a candidate yet who can garner a majority of the electoral college votes in the event Trump isn't impeached. Yes? No?

Back