• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

More like ph the pete pal broke strick.

I’m just calling the Pete situation like I see it. If that’s broken, then I’m broken I guess.

Meanwhile, Ph is trying to sell water to a well with some of these mental gymnastics (e.g., Democrats are historically the party of fiscal responsibility). I hope dude is at least getting a stipend for running the Florida ground game.

Townie, you are broken. Otherwise you head could hold these three thoughts.

1. Democrats have a reputation for not being fiscally responsible.

2. Democrats actually are more fiscally responsible.

3. Pete wants the reputation to match reality.

Sadly, Pete Derangement Syndrome isn't unique to these boards.

[h=1]The Candidate Dividing Iowa Progressives[/h] Warren supporters tend to like Pete Buttigieg just fine. Bernie supporters? Not so much.
https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...tigieg-iowa-warren-sanders-supporters/602098/

Politically speaking, Marie Herring, a 49-year-old supporter of Elizabeth Warren, and John Thomas Grindle, a 36-year-old Bernie Sanders fan, have a lot in common.
Both Iowans want Medicare for All, student-debt cancellation, and a government that taxes the heck out of billionaires. Neither harbors ill will toward the other lefty firebrand in the race. But the two voters feel very differently about one 2020 Democrat: South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg.

“Definitely, I like him,” Herring told me. “He’s a rising star.”
To Grindle, though, Buttigieg is just “another corporate puppet.”
For the past several months, the trio of Warren, Sanders, and former Vice President Joe Biden has been leading the polls in the state with the first-in-the-nation caucuses. But over the past few weeks, 37-year-old Buttigieg has been gaining ground: The most recent surveys of Iowa voters have shown the Indiana Democrat at or near the top of the pack of primary candidates.
His ascent is driving a wedge between Iowa progressives. Warren supporters I talked with in the state told me that, while they may not find Buttigieg sufficiently progressive on certain issues, they’re dazzled by his intellect and attracted to his folksy charm. Most Sanders backers, though, tended to feel the opposite: Buttigieg, they told me—with his elite education, his moderate policy positions, and his appeals to Donald Trump–wary Republicans—represents everything that’s wrong with the current Democratic Party.

Over the past month or so, Warren and Buttigieg have developed a kind of campaign rivalry. Buttigieg has repeatedly criticized the senator from Massachusetts for dodging questions on Medicare for All, while Warren has accused him of not dreaming big enough. It’s surprising, then, that so many of Warren’s supporters say they like Buttigieg. Sure, some worry that he’s a bit green, having served in elected office only as the mayor of Indiana’s fourth-largest city. But they’re taken by his personality and his résumé, and they’re tempted to consider his more incremental approach on issues such as health care. When I asked them about Buttigieg, Warren supporters used words like “refreshing” and “charming” and “bright.”
Some Warren voters I spoke with, including Herring, criticized Buttigieg for not supporting Medicare for All and instead proposing a narrower universal health-care plan, which he has branded “Medicare for All Who Want It.” But for others, this adds to the small-town mayor’s appeal. Logan Benson, a 23-year-old student at the University of Northern Iowa, said he is eyeing Buttigieg because the mayor’s views on health care seem less radical and more reasonable than Warren’s or Sanders’s. “He does a good job of bringing in progressive supporters [while] leaving choice in the equation,” Benson said, citing Buttigieg’s support for a public option. “I think that’s going to help him out a lot here [in Iowa]. That’s why he’s going to do well.”

Some Warren voters I spoke with, including Herring, criticized Buttigieg for not supporting Medicare for All and instead proposing a narrower universal health-care plan, which he has branded “Medicare for All Who Want It.” But for others, this adds to the small-town mayor’s appeal. Logan Benson, a 23-year-old student at the University of Northern Iowa, said he is eyeing Buttigieg because the mayor’s views on health care seem less radical and more reasonable than Warren’s or Sanders’s. “He does a good job of bringing in progressive supporters [while] leaving choice in the equation,” Benson said, citing Buttigieg’s support for a public option. “I think that’s going to help him out a lot here [in Iowa]. That’s why he’s going to do well.”
That so many Democratic voters have been impressed by Buttigieg and his imposing résumé—Harvard, Oxford, McKinsey—demonstrates that the party’s priorities are all screwed up, some Sanders supporters told me. It “reinforces what I perceive as America’s obsession with a Kennedy president,” said Ash Bruxvoort, a Sanders supporter who runs an LGBTQ-friendly bed and breakfast in Mount Vernon, Iowa. Bruxvoort would much rather see Democrats elect a president who has “consistently talked about issues affecting working people and really comes to the table with experience, like, actually doing organizing work.”

The saddest thing about all this is that the hate is mostly based on lies Bernie supporters have convinced themselves are true. Pete's always run on M4AWWI, but they think he changed his plan for corporate donors. They think Zuckerberg is funnelling people to Pete's campaign, but Pete hired two people that an old friend recommended. Any of us would probably recommend people to someone we knew in college who is running for president. They've conditioned themselves to hate Pete with a passion and anything they find out about him has to go through that filter first.

Last edited:
Fuckin done with Dems. You’re addicted to doing the GOP’s job for them. You all deserve four more years of Trump. Fuck’s sake.

Wahh, attention whore wants people to beg him for his vote.

f0Mpk2J.jpg

Now it’s your fault that Townie has to vote for Jill Stein.

Pete got an endorsement from Reggie Love. That's big time, y'all.
78584172_3848468708512308_4067799590881984512_n.jpg

So according to townie climate change is an existential threat that has to be dealt with right now, however the next president should spend all of his or her political capital completely reworking the American economy and doubling the size of government to institute Single Payer healthcare?

Special Assistant. Special.

The key Duke endorsement is what got Ph on board.

Are Democrats more fiscally responsible, or do Republican Congresses force Democratic presidents to be more fiscally responsible.

Also, let's define fiscally responsible as cutting social spending and expanding the military.

Gotta say I disagree with Buttigieg on means testing for public higher education.

So according to townie climate change is an existential threat that has to be dealt with right now, however the next president should spend all of his or her political capital completely reworking the American economy and doubling the size of government to institute Single Payer healthcare?

Reeeeeepublicannnnnn

i 100% have pete derangement syndrome, he drives me absolutely batshit insane

he's the fucking deep state cia candidate if ever there was one, with all the wall street backing he could ever need

no you stupid dipshit

i've said it at least a half dozen times already

congress won't, in its current form, pass medicare for all or the green new deal

hence why you need a candidate who will start a movement from the ground up, with the tens of millions of nonvoters and disaffected people to unite behind labor to make a difference in the country

collective bargaining and labor stoppage is the only thing that will affect political change going forward. you've got half the dems negotiating with bad faith mcconnell before they even get in office, pelosi setting an absolutely horseshit agenda, and the courts already packed. need a labor forward, organizing candidate. sanders or warren or bust. i'll vote for robo pete when he's the candidate but it just means we'll get a further right guy in the oval office in 2025 when the ship is sinking.

Back