• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Romney needed to fire people on a reality show.

You are correct. I think I have probably already recommended the book "American Carnage" by Tim Acosta (a Politico writer), but it really is a good history over the last decade plus on the populist rise of the tea baggers and then Trump in the party and how establishment leaders like Boehner, Romney and Ryan didn't see it coming until it was too late. And I don't see it ending after Trump. Pub voters get their news from Fox, OAN and Breitbart. I don't see a Romney or Sasse being their 2024 nominee. It'll be another mouth breathing demagogue like a Palin or a Jordan.

OK, enough about the GOP. After all, this is the 2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees thread. So who does everyone think the eventual Democratic ticket will be if you had to pick two people today? I know what I think the strongest ticket would be as of today, but I'll wait to hear from some others first.

As I said, it probably didn't matter who the Republicans nominated in 2008. Kerry's loss in 2004 giving Bush 4 more years to screw up everything he touched effectively made it impossible for any Republican to have won against any Democrat in that election. McCain sealed the deal, though, when he selected Sarah Palin as a running mate. As for 2012, I think either Jon Huntsman or Newt Gingrich would have been a better candidate than Romney. One was slightly left of center and one was slightly right of center. Romney was meaningless mush.

Newt? You can't be serious. He was horrible as Speaker and worse afterwards. Republicans didn't even like him. If he had been the nominee, he would have been wiped out and probably cost the GOP down ticket as well.

Huntsman left of center? Jon Huntsman is a good guy and very competent, but he was never left of center.

OK, enough about the GOP. After all, this is the 2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees thread. So who does everyone think the eventual Democratic ticket will be if you had to pick two people today? I know what I think the strongest ticket would be as of today, but I'll wait to hear from some others first.

It's gonna be something truly terrible like Biden-Abrams and they're gonna get like 80 electoral votes.

It's gonna be something truly terrible like Biden-Abrams and they're gonna get like 80 electoral votes.

Only if Bernie Bros and Warren supporters act like spoiled children stay home and don't help the ticket.

It will be the truth. Just like last time.

No, Bernie Bros were not totally responsible for Hillary losing. Most of that is her arrogance and laziness. But Bernie Bros changing their votes and not showing up did have negative impact.

My bad, it's never your fault for anything you do or don't do.

OK millennial...

Whose fault will it be if Bernie or Warren is the nominee and they lose?

Whose fault will it be if Bernie or Warren is the nominee and they lose?

Bernie or Warren's.

giphy.gif

I know her poll numbers have dipped recently, but I still think Warren will be the nominee. Bernie isn't enough folks' 2nd or 3rd choice, and I just don't think Biden will have staying power. Think she looks midwest for a running mate but not Klobuchar or Buttigieg. Maybe Sherrod Brown.

Sure by all means make the same mistake Hillary made.

Back