• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

I think Adams may be more likely than Harris due to CA being a lock and GA (hopefully the racist, immoral cutting of the voter rolls will be overturned) getting into play.

WRONG!!!

If you can't win, you don't fight to lose.

I've shown a rational way to get to universal coverage in a short period of time that is cost effective and won't scare tens of millions of people. Yet you and other extremists won't even discuss it.

You prove my point with almost every one of your posts. If you don't exactly what you want; how you exactly want it and immediately, you will take your ball and go home. While giving the finger to all those who won't do your bidding, even it means 50-60% of the federal judges for the prime of your life will be reactionary RWers. Even if it means a far right Supreme Court for the next 30+ years. Even if it means, turning back voting rights and civil rights for a generation or more. But that will show everyone!!!

You left out the word “genuflect.”

Saying Yang, Bloomberg, and Steyer are "almost definite[ly]" going to be around three months from now seems a bit confident but sure.

Can't wait to see Biden fumble and mumble his way through a "debate" with dolt 45.

Lots of interesting ideas here. There are no perfect tickets. Every combination will have plusses & minuses to be considered. This nation is hopelessly divided and I don't see anyone on either side who can unite the country in the current atmosphere. So the result is that this will be another close election that will come down to the same handful of states....mainly Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, Florida & North Carolina. Ohio seems to be trending more & more Republican, and Virginia seems to be trending more & more Democratic. Democrats will think they have a shot in Arizona & Georgia and Republicans will think they have a shot in Minnesota, New Hampshire & Nevada.....but whoever can win the most EVs in those "Big 5" is most likely going to win the election.

Personally, if the goal is to defeat Trump and win the election, I think a Biden/Harris ticket would cover the most bases.

Like a delicate bedroom sheet. That ticket would lack enthusiasm.

Townie, Castro should have run vs. Cornyn in 2014 then run for President in 2016. He would have been the next Obama.

Townie, Castro should have run vs. Cornyn in 2014 then run for President in 2016. He would have been the next Obama.

This is how I feel about your dude Pete, fwiw. Lots of similarities between Buttigieg and Obama in terms of policy. If you think Castro had a reasonable shot against Cornyn, then why don't you think Buttigieg could beat Todd Young or Mike Braun?

I think Adams may be more likely than Harris due to CA being a lock and GA (hopefully the racist, immoral cutting of the voter rolls will be overturned) getting into play.

If you feel that strongly about Stacey Abrams it looks like you would at least know her name. In any event, I feel that Kamala Harris would be a much better VP candidate than Stacey Abrams....for several reasons. 1) Harris is more photogenic. Ridicule that if you wish, but it would be a factor. 2) Harris is better known. The fact that you didn't even know Abrams' name is a testament to that. 3) Harris is better qualified to become president, which would be an important factor when paired with what would be a 78-year old President Biden.

If you feel that strongly about Stacey Abrams it looks like you would at least know her name. In any event, I feel that Kamala Harris would be a much better VP candidate than Stacey Abrams....for several reasons. 1) Harris is more photogenic. Ridicule that if you wish, but it would be a factor. 2) Harris is better known. The fact that you didn't even know Abrams' name is a testament to that. 3) Harris is better qualified to become president, which would be an important factor when paired with what would be a 78-year old President Biden.

just when i feel like we've made progress as a civilization, a dude called "FDDeacon" posts that Harris is a better VP candidate because she's more photogenic

I'm telling you it has to be Biden. He would play the best in the must-get states (MI, WI, PA, et al) and is middle of the road enough to not scare off moderate/independents like some of the more progressive candidates might. Do you really need someone to "fire up the base"? Isn't Trump enough? If not, then you deserve what you get.

If trump wasn't enough in 2016, then what makes you think that he's enough now?

just when i feel like we've made progress as a civilization, a dude called "FDDeacon" posts that Harris is a better VP candidate because she's more photogenic

It's called living in the real world. You should consider joining it some time.

I also listed other factors, which you conveniently ignored. However, I'm sure that there are negative correlating traits that a psychologist could give you for people who allow themselves to become 75 to 100 pounds overweight.

it's called misogyny

People like you are why Trump is going to win again. I don't know who the Democratic nominee will finally be, but it is not going to be Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren. Even President Obama has said that he would intervene if it looked like Sanders was going to win the nomination. And Sanders is more honest, reliable & likable than Warren.

HoosierDeac nailed it in a post above this one. Whether or not we can defeat Trump will depend to a large degree upon what disgruntled Sanders & Warren supporters do when they realize that their candidate is not going to be the nominee.

My bad, but no need to be insulting. I've treated you with respect.

I'm telling you it has to be Biden. He would play the best in the must-get states (MI, WI, PA, et al) and is middle of the road enough to not scare off moderate/independents like some of the more progressive candidates might. Do you really need someone to "fire up the base"? Isn't Trump enough? If not, then you deserve what you get.

fuck...and i cannot stress this enough...moderates and independents who'd be scared off by anybody the dems nominate

Guy: I’m a 62 year old man from Long Island. I look down on everyone who doesn’t own a home and a $60,000 SUV. I live in a working class neighborhood, that means my neighbors are cops and the owners of plumbing firms. Every conversation I have about sports is racist.

Dems: I simply must have this vote.

ok then how about favorability ratings data

Back