• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Primary

lol

let's see bernie try something like that. all we get are him doing tik toks begging for money on reddit

CNN and MSNBC are reporting that Bernie's crowd at WSSU has a big majority of white people. That's a bit odd.

Just back from the Bernie event at WSSU. I'd say the crowd was 50-50 white black. Bernie is gives a good speech for 20 minutes. Too bad he usually goes 50. The march to the polls from the Gaines Center to the Anderson Center was a media cluster.

If Warren becomes Biden's VP, then I just fucking quit. What a colossal joke and probably the most overqualified Vice President relative to the President ever.

I’ve already quit. This whole primary has been stupid, from shit like Harris getting essentially disqualified for having policies like 1% as bad as Bloomberg, from Pete becoming the moderate alternative to Biden over Klobuchar for really no reason (even though they all suck), to Warren being largely a non-factor despite clearly being the best overall candidate. Democrats are just as, if not more, tribal than Republicans, they just refuse to coalesce to actually win something and refuse to admit their precious candidate isn’t the one to coalesce behind. I honestly don’t care who wins, I will cast my meaningless TX Democratic vote for anyone that gets the nomination. But all of this sucks. From top to bottom.

If trump has not been 25th amendmented, then it’s never going to happen.

I’ve already quit. This whole primary has been stupid, from shit like Harris getting essentially disqualified for having policies like 1% as bad as Bloomberg, from Pete becoming the moderate alternative to Biden over Klobuchar for really no reason (even though they all suck), to Warren being largely a non-factor despite clearly being the best overall candidate. Democrats are just as, if not more, tribal than Republicans, they just refuse to coalesce to actually win something and refuse to admit their precious candidate isn’t the one to coalesce behind. I honestly don’t care who wins, I will cast my meaningless TX Democratic vote for anyone that gets the nomination. But all of this sucks. From top to bottom.

I really feel like Harris would have made a great president, it's a damn shame what the purest did to her campaign.

What about your TX primary vote ? Can we count on you to vote for any but Bernie ?

If trump has not been 25th amendmented, then it’s never going to happen.

Then maybe Warren will play the part of Ms. Wilson.

And never say never. It could happen to someone else, or Trump could have a stroke. But I really do believe Biden ain't making it 4 years. He does need to make it the next 9 months, however.

If Warren becomes Biden's VP, then I just fucking quit. What a colossal joke and probably the most overqualified Vice President relative to the President ever.

Biden would be probably be the most qualified President ever. Senate for 36 years and VP for 8.

Uh, on paper, Biden is quite qualified for the job - even moreso than Warren. Dude was in the senate forever and veep for 4 years. Warren was an academic, NTTAWWT, and has been in the senate 8 years. Now I don't think Joe is as bright as Elizabeth, he's been gaffe prone over his career, he had too much of an affinity for Neil Kinnock, and now he's too damn old and is showing it. But on paper, his resume is more impressive than Bubba's in 1992, Obama's in 2008 or Warren's in 2020.

I’ve barely dipped my toe in and I’ve met the mayor twice, consider the chair of city council a friend, the former school board chair appointed my wife to a board and they’ve hung out casually before, and I’ve met most of the Democrats on city council and the county commission.

And if I wanted to run for office, I have solid connections to start the process.

Unintentional comedy like this is the reason I still log onto the Tunnels.

WGAF? If that ticket beats the orange one, mission accomplished. Biden has one term max. Then Warren can run for President.

Uh, on paper, Biden is quite qualified for the job - even moreso than Warren. Dude was in the senate forever and veep for 4 years. Warren was an academic, NTTAWWT, and has been in the senate 8 years. Now I don't think Joe is as bright as Elizabeth, he's been gaffe prone over his career, he had too much of an affinity for Neil Kinnock, and now he's too damn old and is showing it. But on paper, his resume is more impressive than Bubba's in 1992, Obama's in 2008 or Warren's in 2020.

Except for the fact that he thinks he’s running for Senate and that it’s actually 2017.

I’m referring to what ADT articulated above. Fucking sexist Democratic electorate should be ashamed of itself but instead will continue donating to electable Joe, Mike, and Pete and hope for a contested convention.

Last edited:
Centrists love enthusiastically and prematurely announcing “mission accomplished” while not realizing that they have already lost

Centrists love enthusiastically and prematurely announcing “mission accomplished” while not realizing that they have already lost

tenor.gif

Back