• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Primary

I don't think he likes the idea of picking between Bernie, Biden, or Bloomberg.

I don't think anybody will drop out before Tuesday. There's not enough time for it to make a real difference. Plus, nobody wants to potentially help Bloomberg.

Pete reminds me of Wake Forest at times, especially when I talk to people in SC. Like Wake, no one really dislikes him (or sees as a rival) but he is not first choice. However, people will pull for him if it is against someone they don't like. I guess that is his campaign theme even though it makes a terrible slogan. Explains why he did so well in the Iowa Caucus as well.

Biden surging is his biggest problem.

If it ends up being Biden, I would love for Warren to be the VP, but Biden himself is floating Harris (who I think would be a good pick for him).

Warren still polls #2 or #3 nationally. She definitely should stay in.

Yeah, that's really strange. She polls okay nationally but mostly worse in state polls.

A Biden/Warren ticket would appear to make sense, and it certainly would from an electoral and bringing the party together perspective. That said, it will make for a difficult administration should they win. She had a rocky at best relationship with the Obama administration. Add to that Biden may well have to be 25th amendmented sometime in the next 4 years. If that's the ticket, I foresee a ton of drama, but it would be better than the alternative, which is looking like a full fledged banana republic.

Okay then. I disagree with you that Trump would be the only origin of chaos in a Sanders v. Trump matchup.

you and your pal RJ are in full agreement on that one, biff

does this mean you have been kidnapped or is it just a dumb opinion?

If it ends up being Biden, I would love for Warren to be the VP, but Biden himself is floating Harris (who I think would be a good pick for him).

The DNC would definitely be pushing for Harris, but if Biden wanted to try to at least pretend to reach out toward progressive Democrats, Warren would by far be the better choice.

And for as good as I think a Buttigieg/Pence hypothetical VP debate would be, Warren/Pence or Harris/Pence would both be even better.

How Bernie Sanders' fight for Amazon warehouse workers is winning California voters

Sanders, the frontrunner in the race for the Democratic nomination since he won the Nevada caucuses, is betting that his campaign’s strategic early investments in a California ground game will translate into votes from working-class communities typically forgotten in state and national races.

Last year, Sanders was the first 2020 candidate to open an office in Riverside, an Inland Empire city. The billionaires in the race, Tom Steyer and Michael Bloomberg, later followed suit.

“You have to speak to those voters. You have to organize, not just translate an English flyer into Spanish,” Rafael Návar, the campaign’s California director, said in a recent interview. That means partnering with, and hiring, longtime activists: “The folks who have been fighting on the ground to improve the conditions of working people can see themselves reflected in a presidential campaign that is not only committed to those values as well, but is going to lift up their individual fights.”

That kind of localized engagement can energize activists who are trusted in their communities to volunteer. Hernandez has hosted “Bernie walks” in the region, encouraging his neighbors to vote for the candidate who has fought for better jobs at Amazon and other warehouses in their community.

Ana Gonzalez, a 33-year-old Sanders supporter and single mother who has fought the warehouses, said voters like her were used to feeling under-represented in the local Democratic party. With Sanders, “I feel like we’re finally being seen. And voters are seeing organizers they know and have relationships with work with the campaign.”

Sanders LA rally to include Public Enemy, Sarah Silverman, and Dick Van Dyke

don't tell me bro can't build a coalition

The DNC would definitely be pushing for Harris, but if Biden wanted to try to at least pretend to reach out toward progressive Democrats, Warren would by far be the better choice.

And for as good as I think a Buttigieg/Pence hypothetical VP debate would be, Warren/Pence or Harris/Pence would both be even better.

If Warren becomes Biden's VP, then I just fucking quit. What a colossal joke and probably the most overqualified Vice President relative to the President ever.

Sanders LA rally to include Public Enemy, Sarah Silverman, and Dick Van Dyke

don't tell me bro can't build a coalition

Nothing like having 55+ yo hip hop act supporting a 78 yo candidate. But they do have a 94 actor. At least they have a 50ish comic for the youth vote.

Back