• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Primary

Republicans have to lie.

They have painted themselves into a corner where they can’t win by telling the truth.

Pete's line about "if you thought the last four years were a mess then just wait til you have a Bernie-Trump election" was both illogical and totally missed the mark

Here’s the quote:

“If you think the last four years has been chaotic, divisive, toxic, exhausting, imagine spending the better part of 2020 with Bernie Sanders vs. Donald Trump.”

Do you think the 2020 election will be less chaotic, divisive, etc than the last four years? Or do you think Bernie would be a less chaotic, divisive, etc opponent than Pete or someone else?

Because your feed is full of people whining about Pete being singled out as the worst interrupter and retweeting and linking to those articles.

Fair point but the complainers were mostly Bernie friends and I found the articles from a basic google search.

Are you involved in local politics at all? It’s been one of the more rewarding experiences of my adult life (and it makes it much easier to figure out who to vote for).

I’ve barely dipped my toe in and I’ve met the mayor twice, consider the chair of city council a friend, the former school board chair appointed my wife to a board and they’ve hung out casually before, and I’ve met most of the Democrats on city council and the county commission.

And if I wanted to run for office, I have solid connections to start the process.

Did anybody see anything about the audience demographics. I thought it was curious that the broadcast never showed the audience, but if reports about the cost of admission are true, then it makes sense why Bloomberg and Buttigieg were so popular among the audience.

Here’s the quote:

“If you think the last four years has been chaotic, divisive, toxic, exhausting, imagine spending the better part of 2020 with Bernie Sanders vs. Donald Trump.”

Do you think the 2020 election will be less chaotic, divisive, etc than the last four years? Or do you think Bernie would be a less chaotic, divisive, etc opponent than Pete or someone else?.

It’s a stupid apples and oranges argument and the only source of chaos is Donald Trump. If Bernie ran against Romney it would be none of those things more than Biden vs. Romney.

It’s simply Pete trying to equivocate the two and it’s done in bad faith.

Finally seeing TV ads for candidates not named Bloomberg or Steyer, 6 days before I vote. Wonder if ti has something to do with the fact that I caught Jeopardy for the first time in a while.

Did anybody see anything about the audience demographics. I thought it was curious that the broadcast never showed the audience, but if reports about the cost of admission are true, then it makes sense why Bloomberg and Buttigieg were so popular among the audience.

Yes. Tickets were evenly divided between all of the campaigns. Then a good chunk were given to the South Carolina Democratic Party to use themselves or hand out.

It’s a stupid apples and oranges argument and the only source of chaos is Donald Trump. If Bernie ran against Romney it would be none of those things more than Biden vs. Romney.

It’s simply Pete trying to equivocate the two and it’s done in bad faith.

Romney would beat Sanders easily imo. The only reason Sanders has any chance of winning the general election is he's runnning against Trump.

Regardless of what you feel about Warren, Colbert, or this video, he absolutely nails how terrible boiled peanuts are.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/02/27/poll-joe-biden-big-lead-south-carolina-117839

Poll: Biden crushing Sanders in South Carolina
A Monmouth University survey shows the former vice president 20 points ahead of frontrunner, Bernie Sanders.

Joe Biden-36
Bernie Sanders- 16
Tom Steyer- 15
Elizabeth Warren- 8
Pete Buttigieg- 6
Amy Klobuchar- 4
Tulsi Gabbard- 1

Undecided- 15
n=452, +/- 4.6, Feb 23-25

Biden is being propelled in South Carolina by African-American voters, who make up a majority of the Democratic primary electorate. He is the first choice of 45 percent of black voters, the poll shows, far more than are backing Steyer (17 percent) or Sanders (13 percent). That could bode well for Biden in a handful of southeastern states with large black populations also holding primaries next month, including Alabama and North Carolina on March 3, Mississippi on March 10 and Georgia on March 24.

The Monmouth University poll was conducted Feb. 23-25 — mostly before Tuesday night’s debate in Charleston, S.C., and entirely before Biden officially earned the endorsement of House Majority Whip Jim Clyburn, a long-time black political figure in South Carolina who represents one of only two Democratic-held congressional districts in the state.

I like boiled peanuts. Not as much as slightly roasted (nearly raw) peanuts.

Back