• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Primary

The bros are gonna have to scale back their efforts against Pete and focus on Klob too.

c767137397c4c2ca5b16dd066c5e0446.jpg

I feel like Warren should tack a little more left. Give voters another progressive alternative. She’s seemed to drift to the middle.

Agreed. She needs to take on Bernie.

That’s hilarious.

I wonder if the women who complained that Liz didn’t get her due after Iowa will be happy that Amy is the big story tonight?

CNN’s colors for Pete and Bernie both look light blue. Do I need to adjust my color settings?

Playing in a neighboring state and one he beat Hillary by over 20%, Bernie barely beat Pete. Add to that, there were more people sharing Pete's constituency than Bernie's. Bernie won but it was more like he survived than he dominated.

RJ is just hoping.

Just using Warren's own words. Maybe I should listen to you over the person herself.

Warren will most likely be in through Super Tuesday. The only way she isn't is if she gets blown out in NV and SC.

Nate knows polls, but he doesn't know storylines. What's funny is that he will be probably write up an article tomorrow showing that Pete and Amy are bumped up in his model and Bernie drops a point or two.

Last edited:

Bernie wins NH.

4 years ago Sanders beat Hillary by 22% in NH. Now he's barely going to beat Pete Buttigieg by maybe 2 to 3 percent, and Amy Klobuchar by maybe 6%. Not a great showing, really. But I'm sure that the press will anoint him the frontrunner. It will be interesting to see how Sanders does in South Carolina. If he falters there he may well have trouble regaining his footing in larger and more diverse states. South Carolina will also be interesting for Biden. It's clearly his last shot to stay in the race. If he wins there it may revive his chances to some extent. If he loses by any margin he's done. It looks as if in Iowa and NH more moderates came out to vote than four years ago, which is a good sign for candidates like Buttigieg, Klobuchar, Biden (and probably Bloomberg). The question is will they continue to divide the moderate vote, which will help Bernie. Warren, imo, is probably done after tonight. She'll stay in the race for awhile, but it's hard to see any region where she gets any real traction after this.

Last edited:
Nate knows polls, but he doesn't know storylines.

Nate's daddy knows polls. I've always suspected he gets info and analysis from Daddy, so they can profit without paying dad's employer, MSU.

If Stacey Abrams or any viable Southern Democrat had run for office, they'd be the favorite right now. I really have no idea how the South is going to go choosing between white people from Vermont, Indiana, Minnesota, Massachusetts, Delaware, and NYC.

So many viable Southern Democrats decided not to run this year.

If Stacey Abrams or any viable Southern Democrat had run for office, they'd be the favorite right now. I really have no idea how the South is going to go choosing between white people from Vermont, Indiana, Minnesota, Massachusetts, Delaware, and NYC.

What makes you think Abrams would have fared better than Harris for example?

Bernie and Pete get the same number of delegates (9). This puts each slightly over 1% of the total number of delegates needed to win the nomination. It's insane that Iowa and NH are so important to so many.

I do think the Democrats, at least, are going to make a major effort to drop Iowa and NH as the first two states for 2024. The question is whether the GOP will go along, and whether those two states will willingly concede the spotlight they get every four years. After all, it's not like we'd ever hear much about Iowa and NH otherwise.

Back