• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Primary

You underestimate the willingness of Democrats and the left to sabotage themselves.

Compare the Trumpsters posting on the Manning thread to people here. Those people are going to do whatever they need to do to vote for Trump no matter what happens. Anything that hurts Dem enthusiasm will be tough to overcome against people like that.

Last edited:
but you literally call any criticism of the candidate (unless it's Bernie Sanders) "the left sabotaging itself"

meanwhile, we're about to run a guy who looks like and has the vibe of the Cryptkeeper with a pretty credible sexual harassment/assault allegation against him that can't even get an endorsement from his boss, the guy who gives him almost all of his credibility as a politician

but you literally call any criticism of the candidate (unless it's Bernie Sanders) "the left sabotaging itself"

meanwhile, we're about to run a guy who looks like and has the vibe of the Cryptkeeper with a pretty credible sexual harassment/assault allegation against him that can't even get an endorsement from his boss, the guy who gives him almost all of his credibility as a politician

Why do you say it’s credible.

You actually think Obama doesn’t want to endorse Joe? Pretty clear he’s waiting to throw his weight behind uniting the party.

I call cheap shots based on lies sabotaging. Legit criticism is fine and good for the party. What we've seen is that the Bernie side has plenty of legit criticisms of Democrats but prefers to engage in cheap shots. Compare how many times you've seen something like Biden "has the vibe of the Cryptkeeper" to "here are the strengths and weaknesses of Biden's public opinion." Or Warren "is isn't on our side because she's a capitalism" vs. "I don't think Warren's plans go far enough and this is why." Or "Pete's Douglass Plan doesn't go far enough to address institutional discrimination" vs. "Pete is a racist."

Yet Bernie supporters consider any legitimate criticism of Bernie to unfair. Pointing out that in two elections he's earned fewer votes than the leader is somehow an illegitimate criticism.

Last edited:
she is as credible as a person can be who went public a year ago with a completely different story before people discovered her numerous pro-Putin writings on the internet which she deleted in mass to come back a year later with a much more damaging allegation.

It's been obvious McElwee will sell out. Feeling content to be part of a group that won't. The non-profit industrial complex will line up behind Biden. I'd be surprised if the membership of Sunrise Movement got behind Biden.

yeah, it's pretty obvious here too

I don't think anybody here had Biden as their first choice based on his platform or his record

people that had him first spoke most of his electability

If his enthusiasm is so bad, why is he kicking Bernie's ass over and over again? I guess the Bernie Bros are so excited they can't get out of their mommies' basements to vote or even send in an absentee ballot.

Maybe they should ask the question - Are you excited to vote Trump out of office? That's a more relevant question.

If his enthusiasm is so bad, why is he kicking Bernie's ass over and over again? I guess the Bernie Bros are so excited they can't get out of their mommies' basements to vote or even send in an absentee ballot.

Maybe they should ask the question - Are you excited to vote Trump out of office? That's a more relevant question.

you seem to be having a hard time with the statistics

is this something new?

I understand those stats perfectly and in a normal year they could be devastating. However, this isn't a normal year. There are tens of millions of Dems who would be excited to vote for a stale ham sandwich to beat Trump.

You may not be excited to go to work, but you go. They may not be excited about Biden (I'm shocked anyone is), but the rest could be terrified thinking about four more years of Trump and will turn out to vote him out of office. That's the important number.

Tobacco, why isn't it constructive to point out the truth?

Because it wasn’t about Bernie but you felt the need to insult Bernie bros. You are being an ass and “hitting first”.
Your defense is “why isn’t it constructive to point out the truth”. The prior post just pointed out the truth that you acknowledged agreeing with, yet still felt the need to randomly bash Bernie bros. Self reflect.

Back