• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Primary

Betting markets now have Cuomo jumping Sanders as nominee

And as I recall there was a poster several pages back calling to nominate Cuomo now

Well Cuomo does have a better chance of the nomination than the zero percent chance that Sanders has.

Betting markets now have Cuomo jumping Sanders as nominee

And as I recall there was a poster several pages back calling to nominate Cuomo now

Interesting. I've wonder why MSNBC have been covering his NY State press conference each day in its entirety. I get that NYC is the epicenter now, but its basically him just talking through a powerpoint for 30-45 mins. I don't even do that with my students, it is not exactly riveting television.

Wonder if something is up with Joe and he's become the establishment's pick to replace him if needed. He is getting a shit ton of airtime.

It's more like free programming rather than repeating everything over and over again.

Interesting. I've wonder why MSNBC have been covering his NY State press conference each day in its entirety. I get that NYC is the epicenter now, but its basically him just talking through a powerpoint for 30-45 mins. I don't even do that with my students, it is not exactly riveting television.

Wonder if something is up with Joe and he's become the establishment's pick to replace him if needed. He is getting a shit ton of airtime.

I think the media is desperate for someone who shows up on time and tells the truth about what's going on. Especially since they're covering this thing 24/7.

Seems like a void that a presumptive presidential candidate should maybe try to fill.

So if an accuser comes out and says that politician touched me on the back of the neck and made me feel uncomfortable, and then a year later says, oh by the way, politician also held me up against the wall, reached under my dress and digitally penetrated me, can no assessment of credibility occur?

biden_believe_women.png

I think the media is desperate for someone who shows up on time and tells the truth about what's going on. Especially since they're covering this thing 24/7.

Seems like a void that a presumptive presidential candidate should maybe try to fill.

Indeed. Most people are at home and many are under stress or worried about what is happening, it seems like this would be a great time for the presumptive candidate to get lots of airtime. Alas, apparently not.

Last edited:

Re: Cuomo over Inslee, I think the fact that media studios are in NY plays a role. If we're going off the current ballot for the nominee, I'd prefer Inslee over Cuomo. Of course, if we do that, we could always pick Warren.

Burn your adult life to the ground work against defeating Trump.

FIFY

Stopped being so spoiled or you will have 2-3 more Kavanaughs on the Supreme Court and over 60% of the Federal bench being RW racists and idealogues.

The original post was directed at Ph and others, who are fawning over Cuomo and Newsom.

This and my legitimate question to you above are the entirety of my posts about Cuomo and Newsom over the last year.

One of my favorite recurring themes is posters who assume others love political figures as much as they hate them.

Shorty, is the above video an example of what they don’t like that Cuomo is doing? He’s presenting scenarios based on the data and working to combat them. What do they think he should be doing instead?

Consider the situation the networks are in. There's a massive story happening but there's not much actual breaking news to go along with it. Aside from broad public health warnings and dire situations in the hospitals and the politics and such, there's not much to report. Plus, social distancing makes it hard for them to go out and find news stories. Seems like they've chosen not to publicize the deaths. I don't think I've even seen the names of people who have died. Nobody wants to see reporters in the faces of their families. So they're left with governors and Trump press conferences.

Obviously Cuomo is going to get more time than most. NYC is the epicenter of this. The networks are based in NY so they can have somebody at his PCs and what's reported directly affects them. He's media friendly, so he'll go on camera. CNN's late night host is his little brother, so there's something.

Last edited:

I think there I something to this. Ive long thought there was an "establishment" leader waiting in the wings (either to get rid of nominee Sanders or pick up for a failing Biden). There has also been chatter of this for some time in local NY political circles....

Democrats are screwed if Biden isn't the nominee. People don't want a candidate who they specifically didn't vote for. They also don't want a candidate who didn't have the guts to put themselves out there and run.

Democrats are screwed if Biden isn't the nominee. People don't want a candidate who they specifically didn't vote for. They also don't want a candidate who didn't have the guts to put themselves out there and run.

Ph appears to be casually shrugging off the Biden sexual assault allegations which makes Ph a sexist misogynist by default.

All women are to be believed. These are the rules.

Ph appears to be casually shrugging off the Biden sexual assault allegations which makes Ph a sexist misogynist by default.

All women are to be believed. These are the rules.

Cousin Eddie is right on this one. I came here to see if there was any discussion of the Biden accusations but Ed is the only one pushing the story.

Back