• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Primary

Being smug or firing off shitposts is a defense mechanism for being chronically depressed and anxious. Trying to be better but again it’s a coping mechanism so it happens. I’m prone to being too emotional and have a hard time not sharing and a hard time holding back when I do share. It is what it is. I’ve tried not posting and I’m just as in my head as when I post. Not an excuse for being shitty to people so I try not to be ad hominem towards other posters, but sometimes I am. I appreciate this community because it’s a lot of smart people who disagree with one another pretty amicably.

And thanks for your take.

Fair response. I often agree with your takes if not the manner of the occasional delivery of one. We all have our moments though and I am certainly guilty of delivering an opinion... poorly at times. Pretty sure my sense of humor does not always translate as intended here.

is this what liberals mean when they say Biden will surround himself with competent people?

Leaked Amazon Notes Detail Plan to Smear Fired Warehouse Organizer: ‘He’s Not Smart or Articulate’

Zapolsky’s notes from the meeting detail Amazon’s plan to deal with a wave of bad press and calls for investigations from elected officials following the firing of Smalls. They also show top Amazon brass wanted to make Smalls the focus of its narrative when questioned about worker safety.

“We should spend the first part of our response strongly laying out the case for why the organizer’s conduct was immoral, unacceptable, and arguably illegal, in detail, and only then follow with our usual talking points about worker safety,” Zapolsky wrote. “Make him the most interesting part of the story, and if possible make him the face of the entire union/organizing movement.”

They discussed encouraging Amazon executives to use Smalls to discredit the wider labor movement at Amazon. Employees at the warehouse, known as JFK8, launched an effort to unionize in 2018.

FFS

I mean none of this is going to make one ounce of difference to the folks whose political orientation seems completely driven by their hatred of Bernie Bros. Everybody else should be pretty horrified by the people Biden is surrounding himself with: a bunch of corporate kleptocrats and Obama-era sellouts who now use their organizing skills to enrich a bunch of corporate kleptocrats. It's no wonder that this pandemic hasn't changed Biden's thoughts about single-payer healthcare. Look at who is advising him!

Carney is kind of a great example of Obama cabinet appointees I was talking about

Some of Obama's cabinet picks definitely sucked. No question there. Yes, I'm looking at you, Tim Geithner.

there are some funny jokes. it's just narrow-casted right at millennial white girls

The world has truly gone mad

02fce8dab2fb556ea0e11f1826a37839.jpg

how dare you besmirch the good name of claudia jean cregg

CJ! We finished watching WW for the first time about a month and half ago and man do we miss it.

That being said Jeb Bartlett was a sneaky bad POTUS. Left Santos with a flaming bag of shit. Also probably should have been impeached for the whole MS thing.

If we're being honest.

not sure where else to put it but h,ilariously, days after running a piece about why we should dump originalism the Atlantic runs two pro-originalism pieces, concurrently

Back