• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Primary

Her CNN town hall is on now. I caught the first 15 minutes or so and she was strong.

It’s not tough to see this turning into a three person race between Bernie, Liz, and Pete but she needs a strong effort in NV and SC.

Ph: do you have a candidate you are intending on voting for yet?

I am beginning to believe Trump has flipped WI for good. Dems are gonna need NC or AZ or they are fucked.

If the Dems had any balls, they could turn FL. Trump is putting babies in cages. But the big one is, Trump's budget cuts Social Security and Medicare. If Dems spent $30M on that issue alone in FL, Trump would be done there. But it's extremely likely they won't do it.

If the Dems had any balls, they could turn FL. Trump is putting babies in cages. But the big one is, Trump's budget cuts Social Security and Medicare. If Dems spent $30M on that issue alone in FL, Trump would be done there. But it's extremely likely they won't do it.

RJ anti-women, confirmed

RJ anti-women, confirmed

The fact you have never said this when I used the word "cajones" shows you are as bigoted against Hispanics and especially Hispanic women.

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

My brother-in-law's fiancee (who worked in the financial industry) said over the weekend that she thinks Warren is the "meanest" candidate. I about fell out of my chair. I understand not agreeing with Warren about her views on regulation or plenty of banking issues - especially if it's a don't bite the hand that feeds you type deal - but I do not understand how of all the candidates she comes across as "mean" relatively speaking.

Not that it really matters anymore but Warren strikes me as the most polished and informed candidate.

LOL, she makes Hillary Clinton look like Miss Congeniality.

I agree that Warren is a little school marm-ish.

For those that don't think Hillary was a strong candidate, I'll concede she had her negatives, but imagine her on stage with this current slate and she still would be one of the top candidates.

My brother-in-law's fiancee (who worked in the financial industry) said over the weekend that she thinks Warren is the "meanest" candidate. I about fell out of my chair. I understand not agreeing with Warren about her views on regulation or plenty of banking issues - especially if it's a don't bite the hand that feeds you type deal - but I do not understand how of all the candidates she comes across as "mean" relatively speaking.

Not that it really matters anymore but Warren strikes me as the most polished and informed candidate.

I've seen some political pundits question whether Warren went to far with the "meanness" at the debate. It's fucking absurd. But she's a woman, so standing up to Bloomberg is her being "snippy" or "mean". If Bernie or Biden had said anything to Bloomberg like Warren did, they would be "taking on Bloomberg" and "being strong". We are such an ass backwards country, how the fuck have we made it this far.

I agree that Warren is a little school marm-ish.

For those that don't think Hillary was a strong candidate, I'll concede she had her negatives, but imagine her on stage with this current slate and she still would be one of the top candidates.

There is alot of confirmation bias. Many on this board were Bernie bus so they went along with the bad characterizations (unfair) of HRC, and now can't see it when the same is being directed at Warren.

Warren is certainly qualified, and would be my choice after a true moderate, but Trump would love her as an opponent.

Last edited:
It really is amazing - and very telling about us as a society - that most other major democracies have already had female PMs or Presidents or Chancellors, but the USA still hasn't. American conservatives loved Margaret Thatcher, but if she had been running here she would likely have received the same response from them as Hillary received (too tough, too mean, too bitchy, etc.)

There is alot of confirmation bias. Many on this board were Bernie bus so they went along with the bad characterizations (unfair) of HRC, and now can't see it when the same is being directed at Warren.

The difference is that the Clinton cynically campaign labeled any critique of her record and platform as misogyny. There was definitely a lot of misogyny in that campaign (and I think you're being a bit unfair to board progressives in acknowledging this), but Clinton still managed to win the primary in spite of it.

The difference, imo, is that there have been plenty of unbelievably qualified women running in this election cycle who would have been a suitable alternative to Sanders - Warren, Harris, and Gillibrand, among others - and they have consistently been overlooked by voters and the media in favor of South Bend mayor Pete Buttigieg and generally unprepared and unqualified doofus Mike Bloomberg.

If Democrat voters were truly pragmatists and wanted to counter Sanders's rise (not to mention were actually invested in electing a woman president), then they should shift their support to Warren no questions asked. That they haven't is a lot more damning in this field than it was in 2016.

It really is amazing - and very telling about us as a society - that most other major democracies have already had female PMs or Presidents or Chancellors, but the USA still hasn't. American conservatives loved Margaret Thatcher, but if she had been running here she would likely have received the same response from them as Hillary received (too tough, too mean, too bitchy, etc.)

This. We are so far behind in women’s rights and representation.

Back