• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Primary

Lol -- why does anyone bother asking this rube troll douchebag any questions? He brings less than nothing to the table, a net negative. He's not funny, witty or insightful in any way. Just ignore this useless trashcan person.

Gotcha. We are making progress. So why do you criticize Dem candidates for the very things trump embodies (phoniness, dim witted, old) and exclude Trump from the same criticisms? Is it because, above all, you agree with his policies?

With the success of Biden and Bernie, will 2024 be Betty White versus Dick Van Dyke?

No. She's a woman, with near Avenati and Hillary levels of obnoxiousness and unlikeability. Above all, I would have serious anatomy disagreements with her. Also, I don'tlike her trust in science. It's disconcerting and, if I'm being honest, scary.

FIFY

I'll go ahead and say it out loud for you buddy.

bad that marianne supports bernie but also bad that pandemic time comes and all demcrats can think of is uh oh better make sure nobody else new gets healthcare

No. She's a phony, with near Avenati and Hillary levels of obnoxiousness and unlikeability. Above all, I would have serious policy disagreements with her.

tenor.gif

Lol -- why does anyone bother asking this rube troll douchebag any questions? He brings less than nothing to the table, a net negative. He's not funny, witty or insightful in any way. Just ignore this useless trashcan person.

for fun?

bad that marianne supports bernie but also bad that pandemic time comes and all demcrats can think of is uh oh better make sure nobody else new gets healthcare
Which democrats are pushing for nobody to get new healthcare?

Gotcha. We are making progress. So why do you criticize Dem candidates for the very things trump embodies (phoniness, dim witted, old) and exclude Trump from the same criticisms? Is it because, above all, you agree with his policies?

Part of the reason for Trump's success is that he is basically the same everywhere he goes, the real estate guy from Queens. He wears the same suits, huge ties, and says the same things. So, compared to Hillary and Warren, who are genuine obvious certifiable phonies, he is not one. He's basically an opportunist, with little in the way of ideological convictions, a trait he shares with a number of other successful politicians.

Compared to Joe Biden, Trump is hardly old or dim-witted. He's not eloquent (to say the least) and can be rather crude but he's very cunning and often able to pinpoint the weaknesses of his opponents and then exploit them. Warren and Hillary are intelligent but entirely fraudulent. Neither is a particularly good politician.

On policy matters, I agree in some areas and disagree in others:

I agree with Trump's policy on controlling the border and immigration. The Democrats' open borders policy leads to chaos, hurts working-class Americans and the immigrants themselves, enriches human traffickers and is fundamentally incompatible with the social welfare system.

Trump's spending is hardly responsible and remains unsustainable in the long run. However, the Dems policy recommendations are completely irresponsible and impossible.

I agree with Trump's efforts to make the federal courts more conservative.

I don't agree with Trump's military build-up.

I would favor reform of gun laws and the conditions of gun ownership. But the only significantly effective step would be severely to limit nationwide the possession of handguns. And that's not politically possible in America at this time and would only very gradually produce results. We have been engaged in incremental efforts at gun control since the JFK assassination with the counterproductive result of strengthening the gun manufacturers' lobby and gun ownership rights groups without doing much to end gun violence. So, I'm pessimistic about the prospect of successful policy in this area and hardly a supporter of Trump.

I agree with Trump's efforts economically to confront China. The US has little choice and both parties have been terribly bad on China during the last decades.

Health care is the best issue the Dems have but I'm not aware that the Republicans have unveiled their counter-proposal yet, so we will have to wait and see. The Dems have a possibly good issue to campaign on but can't seem to explain how to pay for their plans of universal health care. When they try to explain, no one believes them. And with good reason.

It's getting late here, so I'll end this for the time being.

Part of the reason for Trump's success is that he is basically the same everywhere he goes, the real estate guy from Queens. He wears the same suits, huge ties, and says the same things. So, compared to Hillary and Warren, who are genuine obvious certifiable phonies, he is not one. He's basically an opportunist, with little in the way of ideological convictions, a trait he shares with a number of other successful politicians.

Compared to Joe Biden, Trump is hardly old or dim-witted. He's not eloquent (to say the least) and can be rather crude but he's very cunning and often able to pinpoint the weaknesses of his opponents and then exploit them. Warren and Hillary are intelligent but entirely fraudulent. Neither is a particularly good politician.

On policy matters, I agree in some areas and disagree in others:

I agree with Trump's policy on controlling the border and immigration. The Democrats' open borders policy leads to chaos, hurts working-class Americans and the immigrants themselves, enriches human traffickers and is fundamentally incompatible with the social welfare system.

Trump's spending is hardly responsible and remains unsustainable in the long run. However, the Dems policy recommendations are completely irresponsible and impossible.

I agree with Trump's efforts to make the federal courts more conservative.

I don't agree with Trump's military build-up.

I would favor reform of gun laws and the conditions of gun ownership. But the only significantly effective step would be severely to limit nationwide the possession of handguns. And that's not politically possible in America at this time and would only very gradually produce results. We have been engaged in incremental efforts at gun control since the JFK assassination with the counterproductive result of strengthening the gun manufacturers' lobby and gun ownership rights groups without doing much to end gun violence. So, I'm pessimistic about the prospect of successful policy in this area and hardly a supporter of Trump.

I agree with Trump's efforts economically to confront China. The US has little choice and both parties have been terribly bad on China during the last decades.

Health care is the best issue the Dems have but I'm not aware that the Republicans have unveiled their counter-proposal yet, so we will have to wait and see. The Dems have a possibly good issue to campaign on but can't seem to explain how to pay for their plans of universal health care. When they try to explain, no one believes them. And with good reason.

It's getting late here, so I'll end this for the time being.

LOL. There are plenty of examples of Trump being incoherent, slurring his words, and dimwitted. He's only four years younger than Biden and appears just as old and out-of-shape. Any Republican who says they're not voting for Biden because he's too old and senile, but will vote for Trump instead, is a blind Trump loyalist, no matter what they say. Trump is the same everywhere he goes - he lies constantly, makes up facts and claims, and is far more fraudulent and deceptive than Hillary or Warren or any other Democrat. To say otherwise is utter bullshit (which is what Trump spews on a daily basis.) And of course he's a phony, sailor. He claims to be a Christian and yet doesn't know the Bible and his life is a mockery of traditional Christian values and virtues. He talks tough and then caves in most negotiations with foreign dictators. He claims not to have said or done things that he's been recorded saying or doing. The only issues you mentioned where you said you disagreed with Trump was on his military buildup and gun control (although you qualified that by saying gun control wouldn't really work anyway.) You say you don't like his spending, but that the Democrats are worse, which means you still support him more. You support his packing of the judiciary, his closed border and immigration policies, and his tariff wars with China.

So you actually agree with Trump on about 90% of what he supports, and the few things you don't agree on you either qualify by saying the Democrats are as bad or worse, or like gun control it's an impossible issue to enforce anyway. So, based on your post, you ought to support Trump. Yet you claim you don't. You just attack Democrats here 24/7 for being against Trump. It's almost as if you like the guy but won't admit to it - your description of him above sounds rather admiring.

Last edited:
In my world if somebody is a pathological liar they're generally a phony

Back