• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

Lincoln Project video editor is out over some past tweets

The 19th, a nonprofit news outlet, had emailed the Lincoln Project about a series of Twitter posts made by Howe in the years after Trump’s election that deployed female anatomy as an insult, calling rivals a “vagina” or “twat,” or in some instances using a more profane term.

“Based on these unacceptable and offensive posts, and those that came to light last week, Ben Howe is no longer affiliated with the Lincoln Project, effective immediately,” Keith Edwards, the group’s spokesman, said in a statement.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...s-out-over-crude-tweets-about-female-anatomy/

lol amazing

rick wilson says worse shit than that like twice a week on twitter

lol amazing

rick wilson says worse shit than that like twice a week on twitter

Exactly. Just search "rick wilson: muslims" Democrats could well learn that the enemy of your enemy still isnt your friend. Legitimizing right wing grievances with Trump is a huge mistake.

I would guess that a good deal of the rising red tide in Midwestern states like MN comes from rural areas turning even deeper red, and the higher percentage of whites than the national average. That's a good formula for Republicans generally.

MN has never been that reliably blue. It has had numerous republican senators and governors over the years. Of the last 7 governors dating back 40 years 3 have been GOP, 3 have been Dem and 1 has been Jesse Friggin' Ventura. It has been reliably blue in Presidential contests though. But even that has been pretty darn close often. When Reagan beat Mondale, Mondale (who is from here) only won by a few thousand votes in this state.

MN was once almost as reliably blue as states like MA and VT. But now its congressional districts are rated R+5, R+2, D+1, D+14, D+26, R+12, R+12 and R+4. I'll let you guess which 1 of those Omar represents.

Omar is facing a decent challenge in her primary. Not that yard signs are a clear indicator of where a race is heading but she's getting out windowed and lawned about 8-10 to 1 by Antone Melton-Meaux and that is not taking into account the heavily Jewish part of her district where she is extremely unpopular for obvious reasons. She is pumping media ads more than her challenger though and has the party endorsement. So he does have a mountain to climb.

Omar is facing a decent challenge in her primary. Not that yard signs are a clear indicator of where a race is heading but she's getting out windowed and lawned about 8-10 to 1 by Antone Melton-Meaux and that is not taking into account the heavily Jewish part of her district where she is extremely unpopular for obvious reasons. She is pumping media ads more than her challenger though and has the party endorsement. So he does have a mountain to climb.

You say she has the backing of the party. Interesting.

You say she has the backing of the party. Interesting.

Yes. But a lot of prominent local leaders are backing her challenger including, among others, the former local head of the NAACP and US District Attorney Andrew Luger among others. I think she's dialed in about 3M USD into her campaign - wonder how much of that has not been raised locally. He probably has a fraction of that amount. But I have been surprised as I go around the district seeing the clear lawn litter advantage he has. I live in the most "progressive" part of her progressive district and he has a dominant lawn litter advantage in our hood - easily more than a dozen to 1. Could just be a point of focus for each campaign. But it is also unusual in this district to see that type of show against an incumbent running for re-election. I just wonder how many people will even bother to vote in the primary and once you get to the general its a no contest election. I think the primary is in mid-August.

Looks like Biden is going full Inslee on climate. Very very good.

Yes. But a lot of prominent local leaders are backing her challenger including, among others, the former local head of the NAACP and US District Attorney Andrew Luger among others. I think she's dialed in about 3M USD into her campaign - wonder how much of that has not been raised locally. He probably has a fraction of that amount.

Primary Challenge to Ilhan Omar Attracts Big Money

He raised a ton in the last quarter. Curious to see that FEC filing.

Until Biden shows that he is going to fight corporatism ,private profiteering, systemic injustice, then none of his reform promises mean anything.

A bunch of hawkish pro-Israel money going into that race primarying Omar: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/isra...-minnesota-primary_n_5f0633a9c5b6480493caca13

Omar has been one of the most productive first term members of Congress, sponsoring or co-sponsoring 71 bills, all while getting death threats daily and still focusing a ton of her time and energy on local organizing and direct aid to her community. She’s an absolute hero for me; always tells it like it is.

She’s going to go down in history as one of the heroes of the Trump era.

Shot

This is a frustrating shitpost. Evergreen Action isn't some corporate shill, it grew out of Inslee's team. This is Biden doing exactly what we hoped he would do: put the political ego aside and assemble the best policy possible. When it comes to climate, Inslee had the best people and the best plan, so let's use it.

But we will see a rash of tweets like the above with varying levels of ignorance that make that section of the online left look much more interested in getting twitter likes than actually fixing the climate disaster.

This is a frustrating shitpost. Evergreen Action isn't some corporate shill, it grew out of Inslee's team. This is Biden doing exactly what we hoped he would do: put the political ego aside and assemble the best policy possible. When it comes to climate, Inslee had the best people and the best plan, so let's use it.

But we will see a rash of tweets like the above with varying levels of ignorance that make that section of the online left look much more interested in getting twitter likes than actually fixing the climate disaster.

I read your frustration with the tweet that I posted, and I want to respond to it respectfully. I'm currently reading through the agenda on Bidens website as we speak, and its a lot of creating, investment and "innovation", but there is hardly any focus or language on reigning in polluters, or mention of regulation. I see a sentence about "negotiating fuel standards with...industry and states".

You're obviously more familiar with Inslee's climate agenda. In what areas does it focus on regulating polluters? Does Biden's agenda include that?

Biden is adopting some of the core ideas of primary opponents to unify the party and people are shitting on him for it.

Biden is adopting some of the core ideas of primary opponents to unify the party and people are shitting on him for it.

It's a simple concept - "innovation" is the language of "market solutions" reform, when a real green transformation of our society and economy is going to require anti-capitalist movement. I admittedly don't know shit about Jay Inslee's agenda, but I can at least admit what I'm looking for in a policy agenda inorder to put faith in it.

Back