• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

Biden makes a poorly communicated statement about two minority groups.

Trump says he’ll protect the suburbs from minorities.

See how they’re both the same?

Seriously. It's painful to see people pretend they don't understand what Biden said simply to score political points while also pretending they're going to support Biden vs. Trump.

lol

if a Republican said what Biden said I'm sure we'd see a similar defense from the same posters

i mean i find it way funnier to have to watch the actual right go from hating commies to loving russia because of donald trump but you do you

There is a bit of a logical path here. Reagan defeated the USSR and communism, and now Russia is fixed forever. It's just a bit unusual because the GOP usually turns anything they conceivably can into xenophobia. Also, there was a notable break in the "fixed forever" state when Russia refused to help us invade Iraq. However, W looked into Putin's soul, and found him trustworthy, so it's all good.

I keep my political points in a jar on my nightstand with my loose change, where do you all keep your political points?

I think Biden's point is that Latinos come from a lot of differnet countries and black people came from Africa.

Is that it ? I'm not saying it's a good point, but I think that's it.

lol Biff that might be more cringe than what Biden actually said.

There is a bit of a logical path here. Reagan defeated the USSR and communism, and now Russia is fixed forever. It's just a bit unusual because the GOP usually turns anything they conceivably can into xenophobia. Also, there was a notable break in the "fixed forever" state when Russia refused to help us invade Iraq. However, W looked into Putin's soul, and found him trustworthy, so it's all good.

I just think broadly both parties have a very weird history with Russia and talk about it as is politically beneficial to them at any given point in time.

Democrats have been fixing elections in the NE and Chicago via mob and union strongarming for decades, corruption in NY state is at developing world levels. GOP tries to disenfranchise by restricting voting rights or closing polling places or voter ID laws, what have you. None of this is remotely new, nor is the scale particularly staggering either. An election was fixed in 2000, too.

The Russian interference in 2016 is bad, but I think a lot of libs use it (and commie Bernie) as the excuse why their awful candidate lost to the genuine worst candidate for POTUS in history, instead of admitting Trump ran a savvy digital campaign and Hillary was one of the most hated figures the Dems could have run. It was less a criminal justice/FBI search and more a postmortem on how they could have possibly lost (in my reckoning anyway).

IOW, russian collusion talk infringed on your "i told you so" narrative.

lol

if a Republican said what Biden said I'm sure we'd see a similar defense from the same posters

It's ok to give someone you know isn't a racist the benefit of the doubt, as opposed to someone you have legitimate reason to believe is probably a bigot.

It's not a real mystery why the campaign has been trying to hide the guy for the past 5 months, on the interview circuit he's good for at least one ridiculous and offensive gaffe per week. Last week when he got pressed about a mental health test he asked the black interviewer if he should have to take a drug test if maybe he was on crack.

He didn't say crack. He said cocaine. You said crack because the interviewer is a person of color and you're racist.

It's ok to give someone you know isn't a racist the benefit of the doubt, as opposed to someone you have legitimate reason to believe is probably a bigot.

I don't think racist is the right word for Biden

but I absolutely think he views Black people as a monolithic group of people

Yep. Words don’t occur in a vacuum. Words come from people and are part of a context.

I don't think racist is the right word for Biden

but I absolutely think he views Black people as a monolithic group of people

Group of voters in presidential elections. It tracks with his “you ain’t Black” line that made the same point.

Biden's coments sound similar to something I heard in the 80's from Virginia Governor George Allen's Sec. of Commerce (IIRC). She was an African-American speaking to about a dozen of us about finding employees in a tight employment market. In comparing Blacks to Latinos she said that Latinos are more likely to move to where employment is available while Blacks tend to stay put. I have no idea if her statement is/was accurate, but given Biden's age, I wonder if he was recalling something similar that he heard years ago.

IOW, russian collusion talk infringed on your "i told you so" narrative.

i mean, you're the one bringing bernie up 5 x a week for the past four years dude, pointing fingers in every direction except the person and party who lost to trump

i mean, you're the one bringing bernie up 5 x a week for the past four years dude, pointing fingers in every direction except the person and party who lost to trump

That's rich coming from someone whose every other post is bashing establishment dems.

This isn't getting us anywhere. It's clear that the Russian state wants to meddle in the election again to help get Trump reelected. That is a more important aspect of bringing their 2016 interference to light than re-litigating the Presidential race. Especially when you have a President who is undercutting US foreign policy objectives to the benefit of Russia.

Last edited:
That's rich coming from someone who reserves whose every other post is bashing establishment dems.

This isn't getting us anywhere. It's clear that the Russian state wants to meddle in the election again to help get Trump reelected. That is a more important aspect of bringing their 2016 interference to light than re-litigating the Presidential race. Especially when you have a President who is undercutting US foreign policy objectives to the benefit of Russia.

Ok, sure. Do you admit that the US "interferes" in other elections, and have you considered how the world should prevent us from interfering further?

Biden's coments sound similar to something I heard in the 80's from Virginia Governor George Allen's Sec. of Commerce (IIRC). She was an African-American speaking to about a dozen of us about finding employees in a tight employment market. In comparing Blacks to Latinos she said that Latinos are more likely to move to where employment is available while Blacks tend to stay put. I have no idea if her statement is/was accurate, but given Biden's age, I wonder if he was recalling something similar that he heard years ago.

That’s not the same thing at all.

Back