• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

has anyone but you called Bill Clinton Bubba since the 90s?

Does it offend you? If you just say Clinton, it could refer to either Clinton. I guess it's just what I've always called him. And it's a bit derogatory, which I believe is apropos these days. But your post reminded me of a young co-worker from about 15 years ago who used to tell me I was so 90s, which used to amuse me.

The Clintons are royalty and want to speak, so they will speak. Arguably, Hillary has that older female crowd who believe she was robbed, and they'd be pissed if she wasn't given the chance. I know a few folks in that camp. There is zero value of Bubba speaking, unless you consider his not throwing a tantrum as having value.

troll bernie bros?

I guess. Just seems like they shouldn't be part of a post-2020 election cycle in any way. Most of the rest of the speakers (bar the Obamas, who are far, far more popular and connected) still have promising careers in politics ahead of them.

kamala makes sense

ok let's fast foward to november already and get this over with

lol at the names for each day of the Democratic convention

really a perfect Democratic convention thing

Vet Affairs or maybe HUD? I don't know that he's really qualified for something higher profile like State or Defense. I gotta think Rice is going to get State, assuming she's not veep. It's an interesting dilemma for folks like Harris and Rice. Would you rather be veep or have a high cabinet position like State or AG? Normally, I'd rather be AG or SoS than veep, but this year, Biden's age might give me pause.

Vet Affairs is most likely. Maybe Chief of Staff. Rice for State. Doug Jones for AG.

I guess. Just seems like they shouldn't be part of a post-2020 election cycle in any way. Most of the rest of the speakers (bar the Obamas, who are far, far more popular and connected) still have promising careers in politics ahead of them.

Agreed. If Jimmy Carter isn't speaking and Gore and Kerry aren't speaking, I don't see why the Clintons need to speak.

bummed about Kamala in that I was hoping for someone that was not gonna run for president in 2024 as Biden's VP pick

that said, felt like Harris was an inevitability for months now

Kamala can lead the task force to investigate and prosecute Trump administration corruption in her role as VP.

meh. Joe Biden's basically just the Kamala Harris delivery vehicle at this point. Get her into the whitehouse and plan on her being there for 8-12 years.

meh. Joe Biden's basically just the Kamala Harris delivery vehicle at this point. Get her into the whitehouse and plan on her being there for 8-12 years.
Yes getting Democrats control for an extended period of time will actually help get things past that will move the government to the left.

And Harris was a great pick. Joe Biden didn't overthink it. Checks a bunch of boxes.

Can anyone explain to me the value in the Clintons speaking at the DNC? What will it achieve?

Wish they were out too, but I can sort of see why they are there. It's not as weird of a pick as Schumer IMO-can't think of anyone clamoring for him. I guess him and Pelosi are supposed to be trolling Trump? Disappointed Ayanna isn't speaking. I wanted her to give a keynote address.

Vet Affairs is most likely. Maybe Chief of Staff. Rice for State. Doug Jones for AG.

Agreed. If Jimmy Carter isn't speaking and Gore and Kerry aren't speaking, I don't see why the Clintons need to speak.

Hadn't thought of chief of staff. That might be a good call.

Can't say I'm thrilled with the choice of Harris, but it's not a bad choice. And I guess Rice's son is less of an issue if she's a diplomat rather than a partisan pol, so that makes sense. Harris veep, Rice SoS. Buttigieg CoS and Jones AG.

One of the news channels is on in the background and one of the commentators just said kamala will destroy pence in the debates if he can get permission from his wife to participate. #Mother

Back