• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

I think that Stacey Abrams is a great person and that if she ever decides she wants to really get involved in national politics she would be very successful, but anyone who tries to make the case that she would be a better VP pick than Kamala Harris is telling on themselves.

I thought it was a good speech, I think she's capable and I'll take it. I just don't see inspiring coming out of her. I see ambitious. She was supposed to be a solid #3 in the primaries and really underperformed. She just doesn't come off as authentically likable. Doesn't come off as dislikable either. Just kinda there. Kinda hard to pull off authentic when ya date a mayor who gives ya a job who's 30 years older than ya.

She barely won her AG primary and barely own the AG election. Quoting West Wing here but you vote democrat when you want a Mommy. We're in a pandemic, we need a Mommy. Don't see mommy outta Kamala (or Hillary). I don't care about qualifications, Abrams has "it"

Fuck America that ambition is great for a narcissistic white failed businessman but bad for a woman of color.

Also, fuck America for needing to be entertained by their politicians.

He's also lost more than Abrams has my dude

lol ok weirdo cool point she lost very, very publicly and very, very recently. she's the face of getting your shit pushed in on voting rights.

i like stacey, she seems great. has very good progressive politics overall.

i get weirded out by a georgia state assemblyperson having super strong opinions on israel, and i do think that losing your first statewide election is not such a clear and obvious path to nationwide office as some seem to.

What’s the evidence she has very good progressive politics?

I don’t know maybe the Atlas Shrugged thing has me skeptical.

georgia progressive anyway

opposes vouchers, opposes cash bail, medicaid expansion, gun control, pro-choice, pro-decriminalization of mj, anti-death penalty

lol ok weirdo cool point she lost very, very publicly and very, very recently. she's the face of getting your shit pushed in on voting rights.

Right - I guess I am missing your point. She got hosed by voter suppression and should have won. Doesn't really meet the definition of being some big loser.

Are we back to making sure anyone elected to public office has already won public office -- gonna be tough for some future AOCs.

Right - I guess I am missing your point. She got hosed by voter suppression and should have won. Doesn't really meet the definition of being some big loser.

Are we back to making sure anyone elected to public office has already won public office -- gonna be tough for some future AOCs.

You took out my point. She's a voting rights champion who publicly had an election against her stolen by infringing on voting rights. Loser shit. Not her fault, but very, very public loser. It's one of the many ways McConnell conservatism steamrolls well-intentioned Dems.

Tradition has been that previous experience in government is a prerequisite for running for President and Vice President. Not as important for other elected offices.

The current president had no previous time in government service. You would have to go back a long, long way to find someone with less government experience.

The results show.

Are any journos going to ask Harris if she still believes the women who accused Joe Biden of sexual assault?

Tradition has been that previous experience in government is a prerequisite for running for President and Vice President. Not as important for other elected offices.

The current president had no previous time in government service. You would have to go back a long, long way to find someone with less government experience.

The results show.

Trump is a complete anomaly. He can't be compared to anyone else -- and certainly not Abrams. Abrams served for 11 years in the Georgia House, and was the dem leader for most of those years. Plenty of experience for VP.

Are any journos going to ask Harris if she still believes the women who accused Joe Biden of sexual assault?

Sexual assault, huh?

Pretty sure Kamala's statement was in response to 4 women who said Biden kissed them on the back of the head, touched noses with them, and touched their shoulder and back. Inappropriate if true, yes, but nothing like the the multiple forcible rapes committed by your dear leader. Have you been asked why you're such a big fan of rape?

Back