• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

Also, for Democrats to refuse the moderate wing of the Republican Party is just another example of them not playing winning politics.

Liberals now have to deal with a conservative Supreme Court for the next 40 years because republicans played winning politics and nibbled little by little to the right until they got what they want. In my opinion, they went too far and Dems can now take advantage of this opportunity.

The liberal wing is not going to get their wish list overnight. If that’s what they insist on, whatever victory Dems have in this election will be short lived. They should welcome all the moderate Pubs they can, and little by little they will gain power and be able to push the agenda they want.

We’ve been hearing this since Reagan. The only way Dems can win is to run to the right. The left will just have to wait. Generation after generation since breaking up the New Deal coalition, as income inequality has skyrocketed, we’ve deregulated most industries and globalization has hollowed our local industrial economies. Some of it is just economic reality but Dems have said what you’ve said since the 80s. Not really willing to try anything else either!

no Covid here yet. Not that there’s anything wrong with it.

But I do appreciate the 7 text messages I got the last 10 minutes Ball State. Very nice.

It’s a lawyer’s mentality to think about things from the POV of courts rather than of working people. The courts didn’t write the crime bill or gut the welfare state. Those were things Dems decided they needed to do in the 90s when they decided winning the election and neoliberal austerity was more important than human dignity. It fucking sucks to me that it takes a bunch of Bush republicans to beat Trump and milquetoast Dems can’t figure it out on their own

It’s a lawyer’s mentality to think about things from the POV of courts rather than of working people. The courts didn’t write the crime bill or gut the welfare state. Those were things Dems decided they needed to do in the 90s when they decided winning the election and neoliberal austerity was more important than human dignity. It fucking sucks to me that it takes a bunch of Bush republicans to beat Trump and milquetoast Dems can’t figure it out on their own

That’s because your political agenda, if pushed by the Democrats, would not win a majority in the Senate, the electoral college for the President, and possibly even the House given the make-up of state legislatures.

That’s because your political agenda, if pushed by the Democrats, would not win a majority in the Senate, the electoral college for the President, and possibly even the House given the make-up of state legislatures.

The agenda is more popular than the Democrats or the individual candidates pushing it.

so then what exactly is the left losing by not embracing the Trump defectors and their corporatist politics?

Trump just tweeted no more negotiations on a stimulus until after the election. but then they'll pass it and it'll be great !

Which is really stupid politically and makes no sense, imo. Given that his poll numbers have already taken a substantial hit, especially among independents and suburbanites, coming out and saying that you won't support a stimulus plan until after the election just makes you look petty and callous. Plus, as no one outside his base trusts him, practically no one will believe that he'll do anything if he gets reelected. He's always been irrational and vindictive, but he appears to have moved to another level on both counts.

Last edited:
The agenda is more popular than the Democrats or the individual candidates pushing it.

The agenda is popular in high density pockets in this country. That does not translate to a majority of human beings representing that agenda in Washington.

The agenda is popular in high density pockets in this country. That does not translate to a majority of human beings representing that agenda in Washington.

But ma’ radical electoralism! I’m voting hard as shit over here, just scribbling holes through the goddamn ballot card, I’m bout to get this ballot pregnant

Agendas perform better than candidates. Utah and Missouri voted to expand Medicaid by a healthy margin. But they definitely won't vote for a Democrat statewide.

Neither party embraces 70+% issues like legalizing marijuana. But I think you’d go further towards criminal justice and police abuse reform by ending the war on drugs than spending another $100 Bn training cops or trying to abolish them (both incredibly politically unpopular). This is what I’m talking about.

Did you read the tweet?

Back