• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

this is probably a wildly unpopular opinion on here but i'm finding these unhinged trump videos insanely entertaining

They would be extremely entertaining and hilarious if he keeps making them after he loses and is forcibly removed from office.

Are we talking centrist on the American political spectrum or the broader spectrum? The GOP is about the farthest right party of a major wealthy country in the world. The Democrats are slightly left of the median party but basically still to the right of almost every European major party.

We've both-sidesed everything political to death so much in America that people just assume that "center" = moderate which isn't the case at all. If you're "centered" between a far right extremist party and a party that is slightly left of center, you're pretty far to the right still.

Green screen fasho

Also Mayor Pete has donk tendencies but he’s been tremendous as a surrogate on Fox News. Just so clearly lays his points out.

I don't know why Fox News keeps inviting him. He crushed this interview today.

Green screen fasho

Also Mayor Pete has donk tendencies but he’s been tremendous as a surrogate on Fox News. Just so clearly lays his points out.

Came here to post that. Why is he so good on Fox? Sort of crazy.

He does a great job parrying Fox News loaded questions to go right into attacking Trump and Pence. Same thing Kamala did last night. It's a good strategy to defend a lead. Don't let them get away with baseless attacks.

I really like the line at the end where he said "You can be a John McCain Republican or a Donald Trump Republican. You can't be both." He does a really good job of talking to Republicans. Makes me wonder if he's going to go after Evan Bayh's old seat in 2022. He's certainly setting himself up to be Kamala's VP if/when that time comes.

He does a great job parrying Fox News loaded questions to go right into attacking Trump and Pence. Same thing Kamala did last night. It's a good strategy to defend a lead. Don't let them get away with baseless attacks.

I really like the line at the end where he said "You can be a John McCain Republican or a Donald Trump Republican. You can't be both." He does a really good job of talking to Republicans. Makes me wonder if he's going to go after Evan Bayh's old seat in 2022. He's certainly setting himself up to be Kamala's VP if/when that time comes.

I would hate for him to lose that race in 2022 but he will likely be really popular at the time once he's done with whatever job Biden gives him. I've twisted my brain in a knot about it, but ultimately, I think he goes for it.

The other problem in America is you just have the two parties so either Democrat or Republican. Personal positions may be to the right, but then the party has let anyone and everyone in. Like say right now you are wealthy and you don't want to be taxed any more, like tax cuts, and that's your issue, now you get to go hang out with Neo Nazi's and White Supremacists.

For anyone out there who is considering voting for a third party as a "protest vote" or because they want to make sure that there are viable parties out there beyond the current two parties, the best way to advocate for multiple parties as an available choice is to work to get ranked choice voting onto the ballot in your state. This method is already picking up steam and has been adopted in Maine. It is also on the ballot this year in Massachusetts. I'm not arguing that ranked choice voting is the "best" alternative method for voting, but it is an option increasing in popularity across the country which strikes at the structural stranglehold that the two party system currently maintains.

Instead of just throwing your vote away in the name of "both sides are bad" or "I want more options!" you should still vote for one of the two major candidates in this election (if you're going to vote at all) since they're the only two that have a remote chance of winning and then work to get ranked choice voting onto the ballot in your state moving forward. It's a far more productive use of your time if you're truly worried about the two party stranglehold and not just dying as a self-created martyr on the "oh dear me both sides are bad" cross.

I don't think Pete runs against VP Kamala in four years

I think it'll be more like the post-Obama primary with a much smaller group of candidates

strong way to attract new voters imo

Back