• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

No.

Environment (Spending trillions and having no plan how to raise the $$ - sucks.)
Law Enforcement (Defunding the police- sucks)
Military (Decrease overall military spending- sucks)
Foreign Affairs - (Rejoining the Iran deal- sucks)
Criminal Justice (Eliminating the death penalty-sucks)
Economy (Strengthen unions- sucks)
Taxes (Increasing capital gain taxes- sucks)
Education (Free public colleges and universities with no way to pay for it- sucks)
Infrastructure (Green New Deal and no way to pay for it -sucks)

Oh good lord.

Well... he tried?

No.

Environment (Spending trillions and having no plan how to raise the $$ - sucks.)
Law Enforcement (Defunding the police- sucks)
Military (Decrease overall military spending- sucks)
Foreign Affairs - (Rejoining the Iran deal- sucks)
Criminal Justice (Eliminating the death penalty-sucks)
Economy (Strengthen unions- sucks)
Taxes (Increasing capital gain taxes- sucks)
Education (Free public colleges and universities with no way to pay for it- sucks)
Infrastructure (Green New Deal and no way to pay for it -sucks)

Oh good lord.

“Wait?” “To come?”

Hate to break it to you Townie but the climate crisis is already here.

Yep.

So you prefer to spend money on violence against people you don’t like without a plan to pay for it.

Hurting others is more important than building a safe educated society.

Pretty sure pops should spend Sunday service ignoring his pastor's sermon and asking himself what would Jesus do? Or think. Pretty sure non of its republican priorities...

Wow, that DeacsPop post is one of the worst things I've read in my 15 years on this board. Probably because it is so, so dumb and i assumed DeacsPop was not a complete moron.

I guess it all comes down to the fact that he still believes there is a Republican Party -- and Republican values -- that aren't indelibly linked with Donald Trump.

So i was at my daughter’s soccer game last night and one of these Trump parades comes flying by (in fucking Holly Springs of all places!). I have to say it is *very* unsettling - you can just feel the mix of fervor, rage and “trigger-baiting” from these people. I can’t imagine there’s anyone still on the fence at this point but i don’t know how you could see this type of stuff (or the Biden bus thing in Texas) and think this “movement” (i am being very fucking generous with the term) is good for this country.

I think my neighbor is a pretty typical example of why (i think) Trump will get crushed tmrw. He voted for him in ‘16 because he hated Hillary and figured Trump would mix things up and be good for economy (he’s a small business owner). But he is firmly voting for Biden (more like voting against Trump) because he just can’t look the other way on the ethical shitshow and he sees the country spiraling into chaos. Oh and he also works in restaurant industry and can’t find labor because of ridiculous immigration policies.

Also i don’t get how Trumplicans have co-opted the US flag as somehow exclusive to their cause - last i checked the ideals the flag stands for are not racism, fascism and grifting

Last edited:
Rubish hatred of them "elites" [northerners in the case of the south] a'tellin' them whut to do is a pow'rful drug.

Lots of this attitude still lingers in the south. Republicans tapped into this decades ago.

The conservative disinformation mediasphere then paved the way for a conman demagogue like Trump.

Last edited:
Rubish hatred of them "elites" [northerners in the case of the south] a'tellin' them whut to do is a pow'rful drug.

Lots of this attitude still lingers in the south. Republicans tapped into this decades ago.

The conservative disinformation mediasphere then paved the way for a conman demagogue like Trump.

Who is a northerner telling them what to do.

From the perspective of the rural south, northerners were collectively so from civil war times.

This has morphed into “elites” from cities, academia, and non- conservative media sources.

It also includes their neighbors who moved into the area from someplace else post World War II.

Yep. The GOP has turned the politics of resentment into a very powerful weapon in modern politics. There is a real hatred (and envy) of the professional classes, which translates into things like the refusal to wear masks, because there's no way a bunch of rich doctors are going to tell me what I can and can't do! A good deal of this is tied up with the economic collapse of many rural counties, and of the manufacturing sector generally. Part of the reason they adore Trump is that he pisses off what they perceive as the elites to no end. As for these rallies, they are disturbing in lots of ways. Hopefully it all ends on Wednesday - or at least we won't have to see them until the next election cycle.

Yep. The GOP has turned the politics of resentment into a very powerful weapon in modern politics. There is a real hatred (and envy) of the professional classes, which translates into things like the refusal to wear masks, because there's no way a bunch of rich doctors are going to tell me what I can and can't do! A good deal of this is tied up with the economic collapse of many rural counties, and of the manufacturing sector generally. Part of the reason they adore Trump is that he pisses off what they perceive as the elites to no end. As for these rallies, they are disturbing in lots of ways. Hopefully it all ends on Wednesday - or at least we won't have to see them until the next election cycle.
If trump loses and is not immediately indicted he will continue with the rallies to get his adulation.

Question is if he will still draw the crowds when they have to start paying admission.

No. But they'll watch the Trump news network (hence the attacks on Fox). I'm only half kidding.

This guy noted Trump could lose the popular vote but win the election last go round. And he's got access to district level polling that says the same warning signs for Clinton from that data don't exist this go round.

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1322910480604794881

Back