• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

oh this is the same survey as the graph posted earlier - gotcha

That being said after last night I'm not as sure that we're going to have a real election in November. I've not been that guy until now, but what happened outside the WH last night were the actions of a despot, not a president. I can see there being a lot of issues in November. Voter suppression will be out in the open, and Trump will not go quietly into the night.

That is why he must not only be defeated, but TROUNCED in the election. Completely trounced. #1 thing people can do is go out and get others registered to vote.

The polling of his supporters on if they approve of his response to the protests is hard because disapproval has every bit of chance being based off his failure to shot and massacre the protesters.

I would bet strongly that nearly all of his public responses to the protests have been data analysis driven and focused on driving his turnout. He knows his voters are vindictive and blood thirsty, and he's playing it up for them. Imagine all the fascist boomer boners that popped up when he used the phrase "dominate the streets". You know he emphasizes that rhetoric on purpose.

Trump just did another photo op at a shrine to Saint John Paul without clearing it with the archdiocese or the owners of the property (Knight of Columbus). Saint John Paul stood for everything Trump opposes and has based political and professional lives on. Saint John Paul was intricately involved in the "illegal" union movement in Poland before becoming Pope. He stood steadfastly against nationalism and xenophobia and racism.

In less than twenty-four hours Trump has pissed off Episcopals and Catholics.

Good job!!!!

I'll take this with a giant grain of salt because "fair" and "poor" are being lumped together, but 43-23% from 2016 Trump voters is highly encouraging. The most honest thing Trump ever said was the comment about shooting someone on 5th avenue. For his base to be even a little critical (and 1/4 isn't a small number), that's really good news.

Not sure how Trump voters are 43-23 and every other group is lopsided in the other direction unless many Trump voters are straight up denying they voted for Trump.

Yeah I’m not either beyond the aforementioned excluded group from this text (non college educated white people)

Man i wish the election was today, I’m pretty sure Joe would run him out of the building. I still submit that Joe should literally do nothing between now and November (other than maybe name a VP and raise some dough). Lay low, let Trump continue to hang himself. Don’t take the bait.

My company is based in Europe and i was talking to an old boss there this am. He was asking what would happen if Trump refused to go and i didn’t have a great answer immediately at hand....

That's a good question, what actually happens?

Someone in Congress (Pelosi) invokes Inherent Contempt? She'd have to put forward a resolution to swear the Sergeant at Arms to action. Then they'd take that individual and literally place them in Congressional custody.

Its obviously never happened to the President, but I know it can be used against public service officials.

For some time Bill Maher has been pushing this idea that if he loses trump won't leave. He usually asks his guests about what could be done in that case and none of them have had a good answer.

For some time Bill Maher has been pushing this idea that if he loses trump won't leave. He usually asks his guests about what could be done in that case and none of them have had a good answer.

I'm pretty sure he asked that to an old retired general or some former very high ranking person in the military, and he said something to the effect of "trust me, that won't be a problem for very long."

Last edited:

I posited this concept here in the past. The new POTUS could have him arrested.

I'm not sure what's so hard to answer about that question. There's only three realistic answers if Trump refuses to leave office.

1. Once his term officially expires in January 2021, the federal government could simply stop following his orders and the new President gets sworn in.
2. The Federal government keeps following his orders. No one gives meaningful resistance. Democracy dies in America and Trump becomes a dictator.
3. A civil war breaks out to remove him.

Pick your poison.

It's an excellent question and I've been fascinated by the (non) answers given by every candidate who Bill Maher has asked. I don't know the answer, but I think it's rather obvious Trump is already laying the groundwork. That's what the mail-in ballot bullshit is all about.

As bad as I think Trump is I think he knows if he goes that route he's going to end up in prison no questions asked.

That's treason.

Bill Maher and anyone else who even insinuates that Trump won't leave watch way too many TV Dramas.

Bill Maher and anyone else who even insinuates that Trump won't leave watch way too many TV Dramas.
Oh I have little doubt that if Trump thought he could get away with it in like some smaller country he would try

He just had the National Guard attack innocent, peaceful protesters with horses, rubber bullets, flash bang grenades and tear gas just to get a photo op.

He's been laying the groundwork that the results of the election will be fraudulent. He's to deny millions of people access to voting.

If he thinks there's a 1% he could pull it off with "his" generals defending him, he'd give it a try.

Back