• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

Biden is just bungling this beyond all belief. Completely invisible during months of crisis and when he does show up he says totally nonsensical shit. We have by far the worst president in both the history and presumably future of this country currently in office and can’t run someone who can beat him. This should be the blowout to end all blowouts and every day I become more concerned about Trump being elected.

Biden just needs to keep quiet.

Trump is winning this for Biden all by himself with his totally inept management of the virus, debt, unemployment, and riots. He literally cannot do anything right or even mediocre.

Trump could possibly be one of the worst managers of people i have ever seen.

Unfortunately the people who think it should be the blowout to end all blowouts would never vote for Trump anyway. I mean we all imagine this hypothetical Democratic candidate that would be doing better in the polls than Biden is currently up on Trump?

The RCP average for Hillary vs Trump this time 155 days before the election was Clinton 44% Trump 42%, Biden at this time is 48.5% Trump 42.5%. Turns out if you attack someone for years as your main outlet for hate and anger it actually does drag them down, that's Clinton. Also turns out that if you govern only towards your base you don't expand you electorate, that is Trump. Long way to go until the election, especially with how crazy 2020 news cycle has been but there are many positive signs for Biden.

As bad as Biden's interview was yesterday, today's speech is that good. He's called out Trump and created actual plans for policing and called healthcare a right.

Biden has been fine in his speech so far. That's about all I got.

I did like the bible and constitution part.

Time to leave the Dem party.

And go where? To the Republicans? Lolz. Waste your vote on a third party, which is what Republicans want? Lolz. Just quit politics altogether and never vote, which also helps Republicans? Not really. In a perfect world there would be lots of other options, but we're living in a far from perfect world right now.

That being said after last night I'm not as sure that we're going to have a real election in November. I've not been that guy until now, but what happened outside the WH last night were the actions of a despot, not a president. I can see there being a lot of issues in November. Voter suppression will be out in the open, and Trump will not go quietly into the night.

Biden just needs to keep quiet.

Trump is winning this for Biden all by himself with his totally inept management of the virus, debt, unemployment, and riots. He literally cannot do anything right or even mediocre.

Trump could possibly be one of the worst managers of people i have ever seen.

Surely a man who has declared bankruptcy six times, hires only boot-lickers and brown-nosers, and has a revolving door of assistants and aides, is not a horrible manager and leader? Say it ain't so!

That being said after last night I'm not as sure that we're going to have a real election in November. I've not been that guy until now, but what happened outside the WH last night were the actions of a despot, not a president. I can see there being a lot of issues in November. Voter suppression will be out in the open, and Trump will not go quietly into the night.

Trump, Foxworld, and the GOP in general have convinced his base that every presidential election now is their last stand. If they lose, everything they believe in will be destroyed by godless, secular LibDems, minorities will just take over the country and run wild - and his base will become a new permanent, powerless minority. If you have that worldview, trying to delay or just void an election suddenly becomes a lot more appealing, especially if you're afraid you are going to lose.

Biden has been fine in his speech so far. That's about all I got.

I did like the bible and constitution part.

He called for Congress to pass an anti-choke hold law this month. He also called for the demilitarization of the police and for a national police oversight board.

It will be interesting to see polling in a couple weeks after protests are fully factored in. Early positions indicate that the only two demographics believing Donald has done a good job are 2016 Donald voters and non college educated white men. Literally every other demographic has Donald’s approval way under water on protest handling.

The polling of his supporters on if they approve of his response to the protests is hard because disapproval has every bit of chance being based off his failure to shot and massacre the protesters.

The polling of his supporters on if they approve of his response to the protests is hard because disapproval has every bit of chance being based off his failure to shot and massacre the protesters.

Yes, all the Trumpsters just want to open fire on the protesters. In fact, I think we are days away from one of them doing that...multiple times they have driven cars/trucks into the protests already.

It will be interesting to see polling in a couple weeks after protests are fully factored in. Early positions indicate that the only two demographics believing Donald has done a good job are 2016 Donald voters and non college educated white men. Literally every other demographic has Donald’s approval way under water on protest handling.

what polling is already out about the protests this weekend? legit curious.

Back