• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

If the Heels knock off Baylor, I’m not sure who keeps them out of the FF.

Baylor has injuries and they haven't been playing that great lately, they overplayed their talent level early in the season. I think UCLA/St. Mary's/Purdue are all better than them at the moment

Also UNC has proven to be incredibly inconsistent and can throw up a complete dud just as often as they play like this. Happened within 24 hours of each other at the ACCT.

Do not at all trust them to play like this four games in a row. Can they? Sure, but it's not likely from what we've seen all year

Holy crap, Carolina.
giphy.gif

We beat this UNC team handily and later today we get to host another NIT game.

Being a Wake fan is a frustrating ordeal.

Also UNC has proven to be incredibly inconsistent and can throw up a complete dud just as often as they play like this. Happened within 24 hours of each other at the ACCT.

Do not at all trust them to play like this four games in a row. Can they? Sure, but it's not likely from what we've seen all year

This. They can put up a Wake or 1st dook type game or this or 2nd dook type game. I think someone that can take away their guard play would solve it. Their issue is when the PG's don't play well.

That being said if they have to upset Baylor, running them out of the gym is much better than an exciting last second win (if Baylor wasn't going to run UNC out of the gym). 2nd best option, another ACC 'bubble' type team playing way above their seed.

Credit to UNC. No defending champ has reached the Sweet 16 in a long time. Thought Baylor was different. Nope.

That region is a mess.

And even more to the point, Duke losing this afternoon does nothing to harm Wake next fall. It only harms Duke this afternoon. I cannot fathom still wanting to see Duke succeed after all these years of putting up with them.

I hate to say this but dook is to basketball, right now, what ND is to football. If dook announced tomorrow they were going independent, ESPN would just lock up all their games for TV.

They just happen to be in the ACC.

Credit to UNC. No defending champ has reached the Sweet 16 in a long time. Thought Baylor was different. Nope.

That region is a mess.

Wait, UNC potentially melting down. My best outcomes for this game were:

1. Baylor blows out UNC
2. UNC blows out Balyor
3. UNC blows a 25 point lead to lose

I just turned this game on. Has UNC been getting jobbed by the refs the whole game or just in the last few minutes that I've seen?

It's bizarre to see them getting screwed by the refs. It's like a bizarro fun land.

Back