• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

Have my doubts about Scheyer, but Duke's recruiting remains off the charts even with K leaving. Their class of 2022 is #1, and they already two 5 star commits for the class of 2023. Even if Scheyer is terrible, it will be hard for Duke to fall too far with the NBA talent they have coming in. Unlike Duke, UNC's recruiting has fallen off since Roy left. FWIW, UVA has a top 10 class coming in next year. Give Bennett decent talent, and they will be very good.

Yeah, I don't count the play in game. And I hope I'm wrong about the other ACC teams left. But I'm really concerned about ACC hoops going forward. Our 2 stalwarts, Duke and UNC, could be taking a step backwards (though I'm really not grieving about that possibility), and the next biggest brand in Louvul has been tarnished. The best coaches in the conference moving forward are Bennett and Young with guys like Boeheim, Larranaga and Hamilton likely soon retiring. With ACC football sucking as much as has, we could be relegated to something between a mid major and power 5, er 4, conference. Our motto may become "but we still have lacrosse and soccer".
I understand people feeling strongly about Duke or UNC, especially those living in NC. That said, this whole take is why I worry about the ACC generally and think we need to care about it’s general prosperity.

Dook winning and the rest losing does nothing for us the credit goes to dook not the ACC. So take them out early.

Have my doubts about Scheyer, but Duke's recruiting remains off the charts even with K leaving. Their class of 2022 is #1, and they already two 5 star commits for the class of 2023. Even if Scheyer is terrible, it will be hard for Duke to fall too far with the NBA talent they have coming in. Unlike Duke, UNC's recruiting has fallen off since Roy left. FWIW, UVA has a top 10 class coming in next year. Give Bennett decent talent, and they will be very good.

Yeah, Duke has a great class next year, though they all committed while K was still here. Will Scheyerface continue to keep that up? That's the question. And Hubert doesn't really scare me moving forward. And yes, thankfully, Tony has his 1st good class in 4-5 years, so I expect UVA to get back in the top 25 for a while. And Boeheim also has a really good class coming in. But the rest of the conference, not so much. We could really use a few more really good coaches to revive some of the floundering programs.

Yeah, I don't count the play in game. And I hope I'm wrong about the other ACC teams left. But I'm really concerned about ACC hoops going forward. Our 2 stalwarts, Duke and UNC, could be taking a step backwards (though I'm really not grieving about that possibility), and the next biggest brand in Louvul has been tarnished. The best coaches in the conference moving forward are Bennett and Young with guys like Boeheim, Larranaga and Hamilton likely soon retiring. With ACC football sucking as much as has, we could be relegated to something between a mid major and power 5, er 4, conference. Our motto may become "but we still have lacrosse and soccer".

Yeah think there is a lot of truth here. Should be Bennett’s conference the next decade. WF can be top 3. The portal changes everything. I’m not convinced on Scheyer at all. Davis got shit on a lot this season but UNC was fine. They proved they can survive a bad coach or two. Duke is unknown there. They haven’t had to deal with that since the early 80s. College bball has changed a lot since then. The whole world has. Also now it’s easier to implode since guys can leave at a drop of the hat. Their program hasn’t been stress tested in 40 years. Let’s see what happens. A coupes so-so seasons and a malaise could easily set in. Look at Wallace Wade on Saturdays.

Louisville deserves all the misery, their entire athletic dept has been a disaster for years. Seems like it’s catching up to them.

FSU has won consistently, tbd if it can last post-Hamilton. VT has been decent for years now. GT/Pitt/State seem like a mess. BC maybe has a coach but no one cares about basketball there. ND is up and down. Larrañaga and Boehim are almost done, who the hell knows what happens with those programs.

WF should be competing for top-4 every season if we get this right. No excuses, the ACC has more question marks than any time I can remember. This season was a good step back to relevance, we have to seize the moment in this ~5 year window. Portal is helpful, and we need to start recruiting too-100 consistently. Mintz & Keller would be a big boost.

Wagered big against UNC today.

I think Duke will handle MIch St, but expect them to lose to Texas Tech (assuming Texas Tech doesn’t run out of players due to foul trouble).

Wagered big against UNC today.

I think Duke will handle MIch St, but expect them to lose to Texas Tech (assuming Texas Tech doesn’t run out of players due to foul trouble).

On Baylor too. Love St. Mary's against UCLA. Also, Creighton is completely depleted with injuries. Kansas may boat race them. St. Peter's/Murray under....

Article in today's Wall Street Journal regarding st. Peters. Their total AD budget for 21-22 is 7.3 million. Kentucky's is $140 million.

Go Peacocks!!!

Dook winning and the rest losing does nothing for us the credit goes to dook not the ACC. So take them out early.

And even more to the point, Duke losing this afternoon does nothing to harm Wake next fall. It only harms Duke this afternoon. I cannot fathom still wanting to see Duke succeed after all these years of putting up with them.

It’s like Baylor didn’t watch UNC play all year. I’m shocked at how terrible they are playing on offense.

I have a bad feeling about UNC getting hot and winning it all. Unlikely, but it would piss me off more this season than most, so it'll probably happen.

Yeah, Duke has a great class next year, though they all committed while K was still here. Will Scheyerface continue to keep that up? That's the question. And Hubert doesn't really scare me moving forward. And yes, thankfully, Tony has his 1st good class in 4-5 years, so I expect UVA to get back in the top 25 for a while. And Boeheim also has a really good class coming in. But the rest of the conference, not so much. We could really use a few more really good coaches to revive some of the floundering programs.

I'd give it a year or two to see how Duke pulls in recruits once the allure of K wears off. It's possible Scheyer can keep it going but I'd be surprised if he does.

And even more to the point, Duke losing this afternoon does nothing to harm Wake next fall. It only harms Duke this afternoon. I cannot fathom still wanting to see Duke succeed after all these years of putting up with them.

I guarantee that Duke won't lose this afternoon.

they picked up a third 5 star yesterday

#asexpected

Yeah Duke's recruiting isn't going anywhere anytime soon. And K hasn't been that great of a coach for like a decade anyway, he's underperformed relative to the talent he's had (one outright ACC reg title since '06????). As posted on another thread any dropoff would be very minimal

Back