• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

99% percentile on ESPNs' bracket. The complete opposite of my bowl mania picks. Knowledge can only hurt you in these things.

TCU guy definitely flopped and it should have been backcourt.

I agree on whoever said Saint Petes will have a nightmare with that Iowa big fella. Them vs Texas would have been a fun game. Plus would have been nice to knock another Big 10 team out. However, Purdue is arguably the Big 10's best team. They are legit

I was astonished with the Miami upset of Auburn. They have those 3 nice guards but have no inside presence defensively and are soft as all get out. In fact, none of UNC, Duke and Miami played any defense in Jan-Feb. I thought that was supposed to matter. All I know is I'm a yuge TT fan for the next few days.

....and so does the b1g.
Let me tell you how salty Big Ten fans are right now. The screenshot below is from a text exchange with my wife last night. I'm in Boston for work and she was back at home watching her Boilers.
f3d91546581bf03f54cb1031e07f6d1a.jpg

wouldn't surprise me if Bubba cut some deal to get UNC in with good seeding at the expense of the rest of the conference

There was a time last year (mid-April) where Wong & McGusty had declared pro, Lykes had transferred to Arkansas, Timberlake transferred to Memphis, and Olaniyi left for Stong Brook. This was before Moore decided to transfer.

Miami was REALLY close to being the worst team in the ACC this season. Good for them.

Tourney records for conferences with at least 3 teams in the tourney:

ACC (5 teams): 8-2 (0.800) (3 in Sweet 16)
Pac 12 (3 teams): 4-1 (0.800) (2 in sweet 16)
Big 12 (6 teams): 9-3 (0.750) (3 in sweet 16)
West Coast (3 teams): 3-2 (0.600) (1 in sweet 16)
Big Ten (9 teams!): 9-7 (0.5625) (2 in sweet 16)
Big East (6 teams): 5-4 (0.555) (2 in sweet 16)
SEC (6 teams): 4-5 (0.444) (1 in sweet 16)
Mountain West (4 teams): 0-4 (0.000) (0 in sweet 16)

Last edited:
I was astonished with the Miami upset of Auburn. They have those 3 nice guards but have no inside presence defensively and are soft as all get out. In fact, none of UNC, Duke and Miami played any defense in Jan-Feb. I thought that was supposed to matter. All I know is I'm a yuge TT fan for the next few days.

Miami has three really good guards. They can shoot and defend shooters. That is a recipe for wins in the NCAA Tournament every year.

What makes the showing even more embarrassing for the SEC, the Big East and the Big 10 is the seeding their teams had. Obviously, it should be much easier to win and advance with a higher seed.

SEC with 6 teams - 4 top 4 seeds, all 6 with a top 6 seed - still only managed to put one team in the sweet 16.
Big 10 with 9 teams - 3 with top 4, 4 with top 6.
Big East with 6 teams - 2 with top 4, 3 with top 6

By contrast, of the ACC's 5 teams, only Duke, with a 2 seed, was within the top 6 seeds.
Notre Dame was in the first 4 as an 11 seed and won 2 games, beating Ala., a 6 seed - and really should have beaten Tx Tech
UNC as an 8 seed beat Baylor, the #1 seed.
Miami as a 10 seed beat USC, the 7 and Auburn the 2 seed.

UNCW has an incredible string of wins like that. Crazy how they always turn it on in the 2nd half.

no they're just really lucky haha. According to KP they're 3rd in luck.

In this case they really needed to play much better in the second half than they did in the first to even get to KP "luck" territory.

Tourney records for conferences with at least 3 teams in the tourney:

ACC (5 teams): 8-2 (0.800) (3 in Sweet 16)
Pac 12 (3 teams): 4-1 (0.800) (3 in sweet 16)
Big 12 (6 teams): 9-3 (0.750) (3 in sweet 16)
West Coast (3 teams): 3-2 (0.600) (1 in sweet 16)
Big Ten (9 teams!): 9-7 (0.5625) (2 in sweet 16)
Big East (6 teams): 5-4 (0.555) (2 in sweet 16)
SEC (6 teams): 4-5 (0.444) (1 in sweet 16)
Mountain West (4 teams): 0-4 (0.000) (0 in sweet 16)

two for pac 12 in sweet 16

Miami has three really good guards. They can shoot and defend shooters. That is a recipe for wins in the NCAA Tournament every year.

I only saw them a few times on TV and saw them here. UVA won easily. I was therefore unimpressed. I liked those guards, but UVA bullied their frontcourt and took it to the rack the whole game. So I think that game colored my view of Miami. But I still think they're a weak defensive team on the inside and won't be long for the tourney from here. Auburn just had an unusually awful shooting night and didn't go inside enough.

I can only imagine how grueling it was for poor Bruce Pearl to have to beat all of those paper champions. Pray for him.

Back