• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

yeah, they essentially lost to WF twice - one in Winston, and then again in Chestnut Hill after NCSU's miracle gave them hope

We also tried our best to give them that game and they just didn't want to take it. Sam threw 3 picks and State essentially ran back 2 Kickoff returns.

I'd imagine being a State fun would suck in general, but the last 9 months or so for them...woof.

Anyone rooting for Kansas or did Danny hurt you guys too badly?

I don't like coach donk over at Kansas but I have hated them since Josh Howard demolished them at the Joel and then Dave Odom pulled the reins on that free wheeling, running and defending squad and forced them to be a very different team that Odom was more familiar coaching (that half court slug fest bs).

As I wrote elsewhere, I’m starting to think I would rather coach K get his last and fade into the sunset than Hubert get his first and take off like a rocket. Let’s hope he becomes the coach who “can’t win the big one.”

So I guess I’m hoping on Sunday and Monday to hear a bunch of Cryowhina. They would be in agony.

I get this perspective and sort of feel similarly, but part of me also thinks UNC is going to recruit (and land) whomever it wants regardless of what happens from here on out this season. To me, Duke winning would be the most cringe-worthy outcome but at least partially temporary given K's retirement, whereas UNC winning would be less cringe-worthy but as you note potentially worse for our long-term outlook.

The bottom line is I honestly cannot believe both teams are in the Final Four; we destroyed one of them and lost at the buzzer on a controversial play to the other. Argh.

For the next time someone argues that the NIT matters, I just want to point out that nobody posted here about the NIT semi-finals last night.

For the next time someone argues that the NIT matters, I just want to point out that nobody posted here about the NIT semi-finals last night.

And p.s., the only team I'm aware of who made it to MSG is TAMU, and only by default b/c they beat us to get there.

and also, who gives a shit? (i know you know that but i feel like it's gotta be said at this point.)

I love JUCO players. I'm glad we have offers into more. Forbes is doing what he should, recruiting any and everyone for 1 year rent jobs before they see a game here. I love it. It's the only way we have any chance at this point.

My post was in response to the sentiment that we are holier than UNC because they have no academic standards for their basketball team. Neither do we. Nor should we.

And p.s., the only team I'm aware of who made it to MSG is TAMU, and only by default b/c they beat us to get there.

Yep. I didn't know the other three until they showed up as options to watch, which I did not.

Last edited:
I love JUCO players. I'm glad we have offers into more. Forbes is doing what he should, recruiting any and everyone for 1 year rent jobs before they see a game here. I love it. It's the only way we have any chance at this point.

My post was in response to the sentiment that we are holier than UNC because they have no academic standards for their basketball team. Neither do we. Nor should we.

Do we have a phony department giving kids degrees for paper classes?

You’re one of the Sinister Six or whatever y’all are called - surely you know.

And from an eligibility perspective, the only thing that matters is that Williams came to Wake with a BA from Oklahoma.

You really don't know what you are talking about, do you? We ARE holier than UNC because they have no academic standards for ANYONE - basketball team included. Of course we have academic standards, as we should. Just because we bring in transfers for a year or whatever, doesn't mean we are making up fake classes for them to take while they are here.

The SEC teams seem a lot more beatable when you remove them from their WWE arenas and actually call basketball fouls.

Not a single game post about the NIT at MSG. Don't pretend it matters.

Alondes in Slam Dunk now on espn

Thanks for the heads up. He got a 36 out of 40 on his 1st dunk and he's tied with 3 other guys.

Weird format… he gets to dunk once and then wait an hour and a half to dunk again.
I won’t argue it is important, but did watch NIT final and it was a very entertaining game.

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - Tournament Time: NCAA, NIT, CBI amd TBC

You’d be insane to bet against Kendall Spray right now in the 3 point contest. Girl is fillin it up!

Alondes seems to be having a great time. He’s been shown several times smiling, cheering and just talking with players as they come off the court.

ETA: Spray shot her worst racks in the mens vs womens. Barely lost.

Last edited:
Back