• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

kansas seems fine to me. don't get the bill self hate, he seems pretty low on the totem pole of hateable coaches

In all seriousness, its history is couched in masses of limestone deposits in Kansas, otherwise known as "chalk rock". Take a (non-)interesting state feature and add some hokey early 20th century need to have horrible chants for school spirit reasons and you have "Rock Chalk Jayhawk"

It's way better than Woo Pig Sooie though

Arkansas' chant is better because it means more.

Yeah man, when we've got UNC and Duke right down the road, I got no reason to beef with Kansas. Still grateful for the ass-whuppin they put on the Heels back in 2008, the one where Roy wore the sticker afterwards and everyone lost their goddamn minds.

In all seriousness, its history is couched in masses of limestone deposits in Kansas, otherwise known as "chalk rock". Take a (non-)interesting state feature and add some hokey early 20th century need to have horrible chants for school spirit reasons and you have "Rock Chalk Jayhawk"

It's way better than Woo Pig Sooie though

so what you're saying is that the most notable part of kansas is underground.

9:20 ET tip. Yuck.

Ridiculous. The women's game last night started at 8. The Super Bowl starts at 6:30. World Series and NBA final games start at either 8 or 8:30. 9:20 on a Monday night is so dumb.

Ridiculous. The women's game last night started at 8. The Super Bowl starts at 6:30. World Series and NBA final games start at either 8 or 8:30. 9:20 on a Monday night is so dumb.

I don’t even understand how this makes sense from a marketing standpoint. Not to mention it’s basically off the table for kids. I’ve been having this fight with my nine year old since Saturday.

Let him stay up and watch … he’ll remember it years from now that you said yes. He will prob fall asleep before halftime anyway

I don’t even understand how this makes sense from a marketing standpoint. Not to mention it’s basically off the table for kids. I’ve been having this fight with my nine year old since Saturday.

Get as much of the west coast audience as possible.

I'm sure it's pretty finely calculated to maximize ad revenue, but the extra 20 minutes beyond 9pm seems like it would lose more eyeballs than it would pickup

8:30 ET feels like the sweet spot

population by time zone:

47.6% Eastern
29.1% Central
6.7% Mountain
16.6% Pacific

It’s not just about number of eyeballs, it’s the age and demographics of the eyeballs. Us geriatric millennials and Gen Xers who go to bed by 10 pm don’t matter as much as 18-24 year olds who can stay up late every night

It’s not just about number of eyeballs, it’s the age and demographics of the eyeballs. Us geriatric millennials and Gen Xers who go to bed by 10 pm don’t matter as much as 18-24 year olds who can stay up late every night

But between those two groups, which has more disposable income?

It doesn’t make sense for the men’s tournament to go from playing Thurs/Sat and Fri/Sun to playing Sat/Mon. At least the women’s championship isn’t on Tuesday anymore.

Back