• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

All I know is that there is no way on God’s green earth that a U*NC team that finishes 14-6 in ACC play is getting left out of the NCAA Tournament.

I’ll be happy as long as the Deacs stay out of those damn play in games. Did that once. Did not like.

Each team's metrics are also impacted what their opponents have done as the season goes on. So, as an example, WF current ratings haven't been helped by Northwestern, Oregon State and LSU having bad runs recently. The analytic rankings are shaped each day by the collective results of all of the games, not just ND's and WF's results.

That's why I think St. Mary's win over the Zags probably had a greater impact than we know.

ACC Tournament Odds.

Duke (-110)
Notre Dame (+700)
Wake Forest (+850)
UNC (+1000)
VT (+1100)
Miami (+1100)
UVA (+1600)
Syracuse (+4500)
Louisville (+6000)
FSU (+6000)
Clemson (+8000)
NC State (+11000)
GT (+13000)
Pitt (+20000)
BC (+20000)

Deacs getting respect from those that know the most. Wish the bookmakers were selecting the tourney field.

That probably assumes UNC in the 3 seed, as they currently are. I'd imagine we'd get less love if UNC is in the 4.

That probably assumes UNC in the 3 seed, as they currently are. I'd imagine we'd get less love if UNC is in the 4.

maybe. wake has better odds as the projected five seed, one more game than unc. plus unc as a three avoids duke until the finals.

All I know is that there is no way on God’s green earth that a U*NC team that finishes 14-6 in ACC play is getting left out of the NCAA Tournament.

I’ll be happy as long as the Deacs stay out of those damn play in games. Did that once. Did not like.

Correct. Syracuse had no chance but just wait to Saturday. No way UNC wins in Kazoo final game. If anyone has to take that loss might as well be UNC.

Conference tourneys start this week, including the Horizon League tournament (home to former WF adversary Cleveland State). The last place team in that conference is IUPUI; they play Oakland University tonight in a first round game. IUPUI is the lowest rated team in the nation #358 -- by a mile. They have won 3 games all year, one against a D3 team - Spaulding University, one against a USCAA team (not sure what that is) East West University, and then IUPUI shocked Robert Morris on February 18, after their roster had dropped to six players. IUPUI has five players for tonight's game - FIVE. Not five scholarship players and then some walk-ons. 5 total players. No one on the bench. IUPUI doesn't even have Ollie from Hoosiers to come in and shoot underhanded freethrows. So, if any player gets dinged or is in foul trouble, they will play with 4 players.

The IUPUI bench when they had 6 players:

4u0yutbbq3h81.jpg

IUPUI started the season with 13 players, but when the season went South several players quit and/or transferred. They were left with 6 at the end of January. They held on campus tryouts, but they decided to stick with their 6. Then, in their last game, one of IUPUI's starters went out with an injury, leaving the Jaguars with just 5 players. IUPUI's run to the national title starts tonight. Oakland is -23. https://brobible.com/sports/article/iupui-jaguars-horizon-tournament-five-players/

Last edited:
Ohio State is losing at home to 8-21 Nebraska. That would be a HORRIBLE loss.

This is not right. Cory Alexander: Bacot player of the year, kaye coach of the year.

What was dook preseason in the ACC #1?

Separately I find it hard to believe that no one has come up with the anti-kaye retrospective. Swearing at the dook student reporters, swearing at refs. Lecturing opposing players on the 'right way'.

I'm not sure how I'm going to make it through this week and next: kaye, kaye, kaye, blah, blah, blah, kaye. Just stop. I think he cured cancer as well. Maybe we should send him to the Ukraine and talk with Putin in Moscow. Just stop, please just stop.

Last edited:
Quad 4 loss this late in the season, oooouuuufffff

Hoiberg having Redacted-level seasons in Omaha.

This is no like. Cory Alexander: Bacot player of the year, kaye coach of the year.

it should be next to impossible for the coach of any preseason top-4 ACC team to win COY unless they’re undefeated or something. the COY should raise the level of their team, not meet expectations.

it should be next to impossible for the coach of any preseason top-4 ACC team to win COY unless they’re undefeated or something. the COY should raise the level of their team, not meet expectations.

I guess they're giving K COY credits for recruiting.

Maybe we should just cancel the ACCT and NCAAT and give it to kaye as well.

dook was preseason #9, amazing job kaye.

UNC was preseason #19 and Bacot has taken them to bubble status.

This is not right. Cory Alexander: Bacot player of the year, kaye coach of the year.

Separately I find it hard to believe that no one has come up with the anti-kaye retrospective. Swearing at the dook student reporters, swearing at refs. Lecturing opposing players on the 'right way'.

I'm not sure how I'm going to make it through this week and next: kaye, kaye, kaye, blah, blah, blah, kaye. Just stop. I think he cured cancer as well. Maybe we should send him to the Ukraine and talk with Putin in Moscow. Just stop, please just stop.

cory is a jackass windbag the worst announcer at espn

Every bubble team that played tonight (between 32-58 on my S-Curve) won. Not great. For reference, the last at-large spot is #48 if no bids are stolen, and that likely shrinks by a couple spots over the next couple weeks.

TCU and Michigan getting good wins the most impactful as far as cementing their spot in the field from the bubble group.
Boise St avoiding a bad loss and staying in that 7-9 seed range.
Florida, Oklahoma, VCU, Dayton, and VT all winning from outside the current field to keep their hopes alive.

Back