• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

I can now get excited about the off-season and the portal, and all that shit. I was slowly losing any excitement I had for Wake hoops, and if UNC won, it would've finished me off.

the bad news is that hubert davis might be good

Definitely came across as a likable guy and players’ coach, and that he’s probably gonna kill it in recruiting as a result of those qualities and this run.

I love a good spite championship (except for in 2017 when UNC went on a spite run against the world because they got caught giving out fake majors after decades of academic fraud) so good for Bill Self and Kansas for sticking it to the man.

Has social media been cyber attacked?!?! Things seem to have gotten very quiet. Hmmmm....

Definitely came across as a likable guy and players’ coach, and that he’s probably gonna kill it in recruiting as a result of those qualities and this run.

Agreed, likeable and talented. But it is extremely helpful that he doesn’t start his career with a natty. This is a troubling collapse. Who knows when he’ll get this close again.

My new theory is that as a college hoops coach being loud and out there puts eyeballs on you and helps enhance the cult of personality you need to succeed. I've seen enough evidence that our big loud redneck Steve can do it (or at least find good transfers because he was a king of Juco). UNC is pretty self-sustaining, Hubert going on this run won't fuck that up.

Yep. One of the all-time likeable Heels, Knicks, and ESPN analysts which is hard to pull off.

In the most exciting news, Wake finishes 35th in kenpom edging out the 36th position held by the 2017 Deacs.

Carolina being good is probably more beneficial to Wake than it is a negative, whatever raises the profile of the conference is helpful toward getting more teams in the field.

Of course, that is if you can stomach their fan base

hot take: Hubert never makes it back to championship game and is gone within 5 years. This is the high water mark for him.

Carolina being good is probably more beneficial to Wake than it is a negative, whatever raises the profile of the conference is helpful toward getting more teams in the field.

Of course, that is if you can stomach their fan base

Here's a thought. Why don't we just win the fucking conference championship and not worry about sucking hind tit?

hot take: Hubert never makes it back to championship game and is gone within 5 years. This is the high water mark for him.

He seemed like a dingbat as an analyst so I wouldn't be shocked by that. Gotta give props to how he figured it out with this group tho

Here's a thought. Why don't we just win the fucking conference championship and not worry about sucking hind tit?

Is the goal to win the conference title or the national title?

VT's ACC title is nice and all but won't really be remembered outside of Blacksburg. The big dance is everything.

If you say we be shooting higher than just getting in the field, then I agree. But the other ACC teams being good will help with seeding in the big dance as well

I’m also not looking forward to an RJ Davis/Caleb Love backcourt for UNC next year. I imagine Love could go pro, but that’s a dude who could return.

Enjoyed the game. It wasn't as good as Duke vs. UNC on Saturday but it was still fun game except for having to see Danny Manning in the stands.

UNC played really well in the post-season and had a special season. I actually found their head coach to be more likeable than I expected him to be and enjoyed watching their players in the tournament. They represented UNC and the ACC with class and I was impressed with their players toughness playing through injuries.

How much money does UNC and the other ACC teams get for playing in the national championship game?

Last edited:
I’m also not looking forward to an RJ Davis/Caleb Love backcourt for UNC next year. I imagine Love could go pro, but that’s a dude who could return.

UNC players rarely leave before they should.

UNC Cheaters (10 years) vs the FBI Jayhawks. Despite cheating and paying both not punished and playing for NC. I don’t think an announcer mentioned it.

RJ Davis will be back but highly doubt Love returns. If he does, he may break a record for field goal attempts.

Back