• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

UNC Cheaters (10 years) vs the FBI Jayhawks. Despite cheating and paying both not punished and playing for NC. I don’t think an announcer mentioned it.
Of course no mention of it by the announcers. But is it coincidence that two of the blatantly cheating programs make the title game? Given the lack of repercussions it is no coincidence.

As for Hubert, he will be a recruiting machine and will have the talent advantage in 95% of games he coaches going forward. He might be a good coach, but that isn’t even necessary for him to succeed there.

This UNC team is confusing. The players aren’t pricks. Hubert isn’t a prick. Bacot was an out and out stud over the tournament and the season and I felt bad for him when he went down. Caleb Love is a likeable dude and balled out this tournament. The Heels were almost strangely likeable. They ruined K’s retirement which was very cool. It’s been a tough 3 weeks and I’m ready to box this tournament up and resume hating them next season.

Jesus Christ what has happened to this board re: our ACC rivals.

FFS snap out of it!!!

Bacot is a walking foul and his made no effort to make his game more appealing to the next level, don't see how that dude is likeable

Kansas "won" the probation championship, everybody else, most especially the NCAA, lost. Without these outlaw programs being punished college basketball has become a very dirty and dishonest place. Too bad. It used to be a fine game and great entertainment.

Enjoyed the game. It wasn't as good as Duke vs. UNC on Saturday but it was still fun game expect for having to see Danny Manning in the stands.

UNC played really well in the post-season and had a special season. I actually found their head coach to be more likeable than I expected him to be and enjoyed watching their players in the tournament. They represented UNC and the ACC with class and I was impressed with their players toughness playing through injuries.

How much money does UNC and the other ACC teams get for playing in the national championship game?

Ironically, nothing (if you are talking about that specific game). Teams earn NCAA Championship units for every game they win up until the Final Four, but do not earn another unit for winning on Final Four Saturday. The ACC (5 teams) and the Big Ten (9 teams) both earned 18 units this year, which was tied for the most of any conference.

Would a player selling their family allotment of tickets to things like the ACC Tournament or NCAA Tournament be a serious violation?

Didn't watch the game but had to check the score in the middle of night hoping that UN Cheats lost. It's a good morning especially since they lost the biggest halftime lead in the history of the NCAA tournament. All their good players should go pro and still not sold on Hubert's coaching ability, he had a lot of good players thanks to Roy. Also, he recruited well this year but not at an elite level. We will see but overall thrilled that UNC and Duke lost. Go Deacs.

I think this final 4 had the best possible outcome considering that two teams we hate were in it. First, Coach K loses yet again to his arch rival and gets national press for being a prick afterwards with his mark Williams comments and his team shows that they are a bunch of bitches by skipping the handshake line. Next, UNC loses the the biggest halftime lead in finals history and their fans get gut punched. Other than them getting put on probation at halftime, this was the best possible outcome for the rest of the country.

I think this final 4 had the best possible outcome considering that two teams we hate were in it. First, Coach K loses yet again to his arch rival and gets national press for being a prick afterwards with his mark Williams comments and his team shows that they are a bunch of bitches by skipping the handshake line. Next, UNC loses the the biggest halftime lead in finals history and their fans get gut punched. Other than them getting put on probation at halftime, this was the best possible outcome for the rest of the country.

Agree 100% and hope Davis = Matt Doughetry and Schyer = Gaudet. Go Deacs

My Jayhawks!!!!!!

Wake basketball fandom: 50-plus years of living vicariously thru others

Wake Forest had a very good season. My "great" would have been making the tourney. We had a great team, a great coach, some great players, but didn't have a great season. Came up just short of the goal. I'm over being depressed about not making the tourney. Still depressed we didn't take care of business vs BC, I want to win in the ACC Tournament again. And yes, we beat UNC and it wasn't considered a Quad 1 win. Oh well. We definitely would have lost to Texas A&M in the play in game if we'd made it. Xavier too most likely. Hoping Forbes can reload very soon.

Bacot is a walking foul and his made no effort to make his game more appealing to the next level, don't see how that dude is likeable

He would have had 20+ rebounds AGAIN last night if he had 2 healthy legs.

Set the record for double doubles; 6 in the NCAA is also a record - he absolutely balled out.

I will draft a big man who is known for yawn, having a mediocre 15/15 game in the finals. I think everyone expected 20/20 from him, which we have not really seen this consistently since...Tim Duncan.

That said, I did like how UNC literally had no other bigs on the roster to play. Not even a Matthew Marsh big. Nobody. Hahaha.

Is the goal to win the conference title or the national title?

VT's ACC title is nice and all but won't really be remembered outside of Blacksburg. The big dance is everything.

If you say we be shooting higher than just getting in the field, then I agree. But the other ACC teams being good will help with seeding in the big dance as well

Let's win both next year, and we can compare the feeling.

In these trying times we accept all. Welcome aboard ELC and Strick!

giphy.gif

I will never be over 1988, and that Manning coached Wake further into the ground makes it even worse (as did the multiple shots of him in the crowd last night), but I have a lot of friends who went to KU, a brother who graduated from there, and lived for a good period of time about 45 miles from Lawrence growing up. They were the clear choice over Evil UNC. Not even close.

I agree with all of this. My son and I were talking about it this morning. The only thing that would have made this play out better would have been if Wake had beaten UNC in the championship. But I don't think that I would have lived to see it. The anticipation of a Wake-UNC national championship game would have caused me to stroke out.

I think the jokes about “best possible outcome is an asteroid destroying both teams” are lame and predictable. No offense to anybody who made them, as there were a ton of them. But I have to say that this weekend was basically the metaphorical equivalent of that.

Back