• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 25-9 (13-7), KP#33

The ACC would send out Lenny Wurtz, Dick Papparo, and TV Teddy V. The extra ref on hand would be Jamie Luckie. Nobody is beating Duke in the ACC tourney if the ACC has anything to do with it.

Karl Hess just called a foul on you for leaving him off your list.

BC plays a decent St. Louis team on the road this Saturday. If the beat the Billikens, that would be two good wins in a row. After that, they have cupcake then come to Winston.

Up to this point, they haven't won a game away from Conte.

At this point in time, Wake Forest is ranked #59 in Kenpom, #54 in Sagarin and #29 in NCAA Net.

The 20+ point improvement in rank in Kenpom and Sagarin after the Virginia Tech victory was surprising. Maybe they both made adjustments to reflect reality.

NCAA Net has impressed me over the past three years. It seems to have little (if any) preseason bias. The basketball team has played well the first month of the season. It's a start but there is a long way to go.

I watched the video of the VT game this afternoon. Outstanding performance. Good offense and defense. The most surprising aspect was the last 10 minutes of the game. The Deacs put the pedal to the metal and never let up. Not a glimmer of hope for the Hokies, despite playing in front of a full house in Blacksburg.

Deacs should be a healthy favorite in the next four before Christmas:

USC Upstate (they may be the worst team on the schedule)
VMI (they are feisty, but outmanned)
@ Charlotte (disappointing season; they play Arkansas tonight and are getting 18)
BC (appears to be improved, but the Deacs will be a solid favorite at home)

If WF wins all those, the Deacs would be 12-1 (2-0), and have a solid chance to get ranked before playing at L'ville on December 29. FWIW, WF basketball hasn't won 12 games before January 1 since 2009. That 2009 team rose to #1 in the country, before falling apart late in the season with a convicted felon coaching the team.

Hope is a odd thing and strange feeling for Deac fans.

Beat the Beavers (now 1-8) in OT
Fall apart in the 2nd half against LSU
Squeak by NW at home in OT

Then pound VT in a game, at least based on board traffic, no one watched because of the bowl game (not judging but if we were a fringe top 20 team people would have found a way to watch/follow the came or arranged schedules around it.)

On one hand, we had 3 games that felt ok but were more like who we thought we were.

On the other hand, we played one great game where it looked like we executed the coach's plan. Let's see if this turns into a trend.

Hope is a odd thing and strange feeling for Deac fans.

Beat the Beavers (now 1-8) in OT
Fall apart in the 2nd half against LSU
Squeak by NW at home in OT

Then pound VT in a game, at least based on board traffic, no one watched because of the bowl game (not judging but if we were a fringe top 20 team people would have found a way to watch/follow the came or arranged schedules around it.)

On one hand, we had 3 games that felt ok but were more like who we thought we were.

On the other hand, we played one great game where it looked like we executed the coach's plan. Let's see if this turns into a trend.

Everyone I know was watching the game while we tailgated Saturday, we just weren’t posting because we were hanging out as opposed to watching by ourselves like usual!

Students are starting to take notice of this team. A decent amount of chatter about Lunardi having us in the tournament, even though it's so early. The atmosphere (at least from a student perspective) is going to be electric for the game against Duke. I hope the rest of the fanbase gets behind us for that game because Duke fans will be traveling in large numbers given how expensive Cameron seats are this year. ESPN is now giving us about a 41% chance to win that game. Get your tickets now! If I were the school I would be finding a way to reserve part of the upper deck for students that don't fit in the regular student section. Assuming the lower deck student section holds about 2,000 students, I think it's safe to say we will exceed it.

Students did a terrific job with FB attendance and support this year. Seems like for 2 decades, sports were not cool or whatever.

Glad to see the current students are enjoying attending and all the good memories which can stem from doing so.

Also, if you attend WF sporting events, it helps you stand out as a non-nerd and someone I would have a beer with.

That's good for your career and future work life.

Kudos to current students. Keep it up!

Lol yes. My wife is a UVA grad and we watch every game. They stink.

Wow bro that is commendable. I can’t stand watching them even when they’re good. Seeing a team score 22 points in 25 minutes might have been worth tuning in for tonight.

Deacs should be a healthy favorite in the next four before Christmas:

USC Upstate (they may be the worst team on the schedule)
VMI (they are feisty, but outmanned)
@ Charlotte (disappointing season; they play Arkansas tonight and are getting 18)
BC (appears to be improved, but the Deacs will be a solid favorite at home)

If WF wins all those, the Deacs would be 12-1 (2-0), and have a solid chance to get ranked before playing at L'ville on December 29. FWIW, WF basketball hasn't won 12 games before January 1 since 2009. That 2009 team rose to #1 in the country, before falling apart late in the season with a convicted felon coaching the team.

Good stuff here. Shows how shitty the prior two staffs were.

And just to be fair, he was not a convicted felon at the time.

Hold the phone UVA is up to 41 points with 4:53 to go!!!

Wow bro that is commendable. I can’t stand watching them even when they’re good. Seeing a team score 22 points in 25 minutes might have been worth tuning in for tonight.

I should have added an addendum. We watch every game unless WF is playing.

The ACC would send out Lenny Wurtz, Dick Papparo, and TV Teddy V. The extra ref on hand would be Jamie Luckie. Nobody is beating Duke in the ACC tourney if the ACC has anything to do with it.

Maybe Duke and UNC will meet in the semi-finals and Fred Hikel's ghost will make another scoreboard call.

Much like you need 3 studs in NBA to compete for championships you really need to have 3 big horses to be a top ncaa team and we seem to have that trio with manman, Jake and Davien who are starting to really trust each other and setting each other up. Dallas seems to be finding his role in clogging up middle on D and being an option down low for some easy buckets. With Mucius providing leadership and hopefully providing a shutdown D with his length and athleticism and Sy and Marsh continuing to grow in their roles down low and Cam and Whitt helping distribute and provide a spark you can see there is much to like with this team as a lot of room to improve as the bench guys grow in confidence and roles.

One thing I liked in the first half was that Mucius scored 3 baskets inside the arc in the halfcourt. They seemed to be in the flow of the offense. I like that the first shot of every game seems to be. Mucius heat check. But getting him some easy looks going to the basket pays off as well. Get him in the flow because he can’t create his own shot like the main 3.

Back