• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 25-9 (13-7), KP#33

Somehow we lost the votes we had last week after beating 2 solid opponents this week.

Pitt looks like they are [Redacted]-level bad at basketball this year

Can anyone explain where the Quad ranking cutoffs come in? It doesn’t appear to be top quarter, next quarter, etc with Northwestern at 42 but considered Quad 2. Maybe that being at Wake changes it just enough to move them to Quad 2?

I had to look it up too. I had never bothered before.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketbal...-know-about-college-basketballs-new-tool-help

Quadrant 1: Home 1-30, Neutral 1-50, Away 1-75.
Quadrant 2: Home 31-75, Neutral 51-100, Away 76-135.
Quadrant 3: Home 76-160, Neutral 101-200, Away 135-240.
Quadrant 4: Home 161-353, Neutral 201-353, Away 241-353.

So if NW gets to 30, it will be a Quad 1 win.

Somehow we lost the votes we had last week after beating 2 solid opponents this week.

Donald Hunt, the one writer that voted for us last week at 24th, retired a couple days later. I think SOS will continue to hold us back for a while until we can get a lot of ACC games under our belt, but if we win our next four games (USC Upstate, Charlotte, VMI, and BC) and go into the road game against Louisville 12-1 I would expect us to be ranked.

VT was very close to being ranked the first few weeks. I assumed we would be receiving more votes this week, but agree that if we get to 12-1 we will be ranked, even though it's a soft schedule to that point.

lunardi has us in his last 4 in at the moment and i hate that i know this or shared it

Donald Hunt, the one writer that voted for us last week at 24th, retired a couple days later. I think SOS will continue to hold us back for a while until we can get a lot of ACC games under our belt, but if we win our next four games (USC Upstate, Charlotte, VMI, and BC) and go into the road game against Louisville 12-1 I would expect us to be ranked.

This made me laugh audibly for some reason.

Heroic last act!

I expect this fanbase to rally around the team with football on the back burner for a while now. Win these next three games and there needs to be at least over 6,000 at the Joel for the first home conference game against BC on the 22nd, even with students home. Anything less is sending a bad message to the players, program, and recruits, and trust me the players notice this stuff.

Haha
f57f88f94411d01294bf37e15f88539d.jpg

Students are starting to take notice of this team. A decent amount of chatter about Lunardi having us in the tournament, even though it's so early. The atmosphere (at least from a student perspective) is going to be electric for the game against Duke. I hope the rest of the fanbase gets behind us for that game because Duke fans will be traveling in large numbers given how expensive Cameron seats are this year. ESPN is now giving us about a 41% chance to win that game. Get your tickets now! If I were the school I would be finding a way to reserve part of the upper deck for students that don't fit in the regular student section. Assuming the lower deck student section holds about 2,000 students, I think it's safe to say we will exceed it.

Wow. ESPN has us 6th in the ACC at 10.9-9.1. Tied with Cuse.

Wow. ESPN has us 6th in the ACC at 10.9-9.1. Tied with Cuse.

Not sure what the numbers you have there mean, as there are 20 conference games. For any stat nerds, I'd argue with like 90% confidence we finish anywhere from 4th to 10th, with the ability for 3rd if everything goes perfectly, and lower than 10th if the wheels really fall off or something unexpected happens. So hard for me to gauge it because I feel like we just don't know where to put VT and Northwestern, and LSU and Oregon St for that matter. Is VT really a top 3 or 4 ACC team? They have lost to every top 40 team they have played. Is Northwestern a contender or pretender in the Big 10? They won at Maryland and against Georgia, but both those teams are towards the bottom of their leagues. They also lost to Providence who I see as a bubble team or slightly better. Give me the games against BC, Louisville, Miami, and FSU and I feel I'll have such a better idea of just where we stack up. Really important to win a minimum of 2 of those games given the brutal slate we have starting with the home game against Duke.

Not sure what the numbers you have there mean, as there are 20 conference games. For any stat nerds, I'd argue with like 90% confidence we finish anywhere from 4th to 10th, with the ability for 3rd if everything goes perfectly, and lower than 10th if the wheels really fall off or something unexpected happens. So hard for me to gauge it because I feel like we just don't know where to put VT and Northwestern, and LSU and Oregon St for that matter. Is VT really a top 3 or 4 ACC team? They have lost to every top 40 team they have played. Is Northwestern a contender or pretender in the Big 10? They won at Maryland and against Georgia, but both those teams are towards the bottom of their leagues. They also lost to Providence who I see as a bubble team or slightly better. Give me the games against BC, Louisville, Miami, and FSU and I feel I'll have such a better idea of just where we stack up. Really important to win a minimum of 2 of those games given the brutal slate we have starting with the home game against Duke.

??? It means they are projecting us at 10.9 wins and 9.1 losses which equals 20 games.

Realize the models rate them favorably but I don’t see VT being very good this year. Maybe it ends up being a fluke performance for both teams but that was not an impressive squad they rolled out on Saturday. The ACC looks to be terrible though so kind of a wide open race right now.

Back