• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 25-9 (13-7), KP#33

lots of people have lots of different bracket projections, all of which are of limited value on January 17

Last edited:
Bracketology definitely has Wake as a “First Four” team playing UCF as a 12 seed.

2261da852cdc3a563a2e26e0f4b29d36.jpg

No, he doesn't. Go find the Jan. 17 version. My goodness.

2021-22 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 14-4 (4-3), KP#50

No, he doesn't. Go find the Jan. 17 version. My goodness.

I mean it looks like Ph was screenshotting the most recent version ESPN had up as of his post. They have updated it since then. Calm down.

I think it's lame that the First Four includes teams that are AQs. They earned their way into the Dance. The First Four should just be bubble teams.

I think it's lame that the First Four includes teams that are AQs. They earned their way into the Dance. The First Four should just be bubble teams.

There shouldn’t be a First Four in general. But if there’s going to be one, I agree it should be 8 bubble teams.

ESPN updated at 8 am and has us in the last four byes. 11 seed vs. Alabama with 3 seed Illinois lurking.

Last edited:
ESPN has bracketology

Jerry Palm has bracketology

these are...different sites with different projections

I'll show you my bracketology if you send me $20

http://bracketmatrix.com/ has basically every projection you can think of, with averages

As of now, they have only 4 ACC teams solidly in. Duke 2, UNC 9, Miami 11, WF 12.

These ACC teams in the at-large discussion: VT (10 brackets), FSU (4), Clemson (2), ND (2), Louisville (2), Virginia (1).

Is it safe to say ACC has a floor for 4 and ceiling of 6 at this point? If I had to bet on the at larges, I would go FSU, then ND.

Last edited:
After Duke and UNC, I have no idea who (or how many) from the ACC will make the NCAAs.

But I'd be shocked if that number is 4 or less. Have to think a few teams will rise to the top of the league... And I hope Wake Forest is one of them.

And I also wouldn't count out VT. I know folks think they are criminally overrated, but their conference schedule gets a lot easier from here. No reason they can't sneak to a 11-9 or better record in the ACC. That's bubble territory.

After Duke and UNC, I have no idea who (or how many) from the ACC will make the NCAAs.

But I'd be shocked if that number is 4 or less. Have to think a few teams will rise to the top of the league... And I hope Wake Forest is one of them.

And I also wouldn't count out VT. I know folks think they are criminally overrated, but their conference schedule gets a lot easier from here. No reason they can't sneak to a 11-9 or better record in the ACC. That's bubble territory.

ATS, you may want to adjust that U vs Heels matrix. Asswhipping in progress on ACCN.

Can't believe the sloppy passing by the baby blue. Give aways lead to easy Miami baskets.

Bacot took a hard fall and now out. He was down a while.

ATS, you may want to adjust that U vs Heels matrix. Asswhipping in progress on ACCN.

Yup. Miami went from 83 to 57 in KP just on that win tonight. A true ass-kicking.

Miami’s defense will keep them from being really good this year, but the offense is fantastic.

Yup. Miami went from 83 to 57 in KP just on that win tonight. A true ass-kicking.

Miami’s defense will keep them from being really good this year, but the offense is fantastic.

Their rebounding also sucks.

TO% is maybe even more impressive, and maybe more sustainable? Want to see what happens when the shooting cools off.

The two biggest things holding WF back from a top-4 ACC finish is 3PT% and Turnovers.

Deacs are DFL in both categories on offense in conference play. 19.3 TO% and sub-30% 3PTs. We also aren't forcing many turnovers at all, even though we are playing good-to-great shot defense and have rebounded well.

What can change?

WF is taking 41.4% of their total shot attempts from 3, which is one of the highest rates in the ACC. That seems like an easy fix, since WF is an incredible 2PT shooting team.

Monsanto may give the team a boost from 3, but not banking on this.

We have to take better care of the ball. Williams is best in the league at assist rate, but also one of the highest turnover rates. Sy also has a high turnover rate, which at least from what I can tell is from not always handling a bullet pass from AW. The freshman are struggling here in limited minutes,.

Not sure why we don't turn over more teams given our physical defense. This seemed to be going well ooc, but has not been a factor in ACC games. LaRavia in particular was good at creating steals with active hands, that has waned. Hildreth has been the most active here.

The two biggest things holding WF back from a top-4 ACC finish is 3PT% and Turnovers.

Deacs are DFL in both categories on offense in conference play. 19.3 TO% and sub-30% 3PTs. We also aren't forcing many turnovers at all, even though we are playing good-to-great shot defense and have rebounded well.

What can change?

WF is taking 41.4% of their total shot attempts from 3, which is one of the highest rates in the ACC. That seems like an easy fix, since WF is an incredible 2PT shooting team.

Monsanto may give the team a boost from 3, but not banking on this.

We have to take better care of the ball. Williams is best in the league at assist rate, but also one of the highest turnover rates. Sy also has a high turnover rate, which at least from what I can tell is from not always handling a bullet pass from AW. The freshman are struggling here in limited minutes,.

Not sure why we don't turn over more teams given our physical defense. This seemed to be going well ooc, but has not been a factor in ACC games. LaRavia in particular was good at creating steals with active hands, that has waned. Hildreth has been the most active here.

Forbes may not want to risk having the guys go for a lot of steals because of the short bench he is using. During OOC he was using a lot more guys for a lot of minutes.

Last edited:
Back