• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 25-9 (13-7), KP#33

Guys, there is one ACC Team in last week's Top 25. There is no way an ACC Team is getting a #1 or #2 seed in the Tourney, no matter what.
For us I believe we are in unless we totally shit the bed. Let's celebrate that.

Duke is #7 in the AP, 10 in NET, 6 in coaches, 9 in KP and in K's last season...you don't think they'll get a 1 or 2 seed?

Last edited:
If Duke wins the ACC regular season and the ACC Tournament, they are more likely a #1 seed, than a #3 seed or worse.

Can you imagine what Forbes could have done with Collins, Crawford and Moore?

Quick reminder that in Manning's second season, he won 2 ACC games with a team that included those three + Devin Thomas, CMM, and Dinos.

Can you imagine what Forbes could have done with Collins, Crawford and Moore?

Started Collins as a freshman at minimum.

If Duke wins the ACC regular season and the ACC Tournament, they are more likely a #1 seed, than a #3 seed or worse.

No way Duke is getting a #1, even if they sweep in my opinion. ACC just not well regarded.
But you are right, they will get a #2. Mostly because they are Dook.

Pop, you are aware K is retiring, right? His annual gift from the committee is #1 or #2 with an easy path. They’ll surely step it up this March.

Likely a 6 seed I would think if we win out, but we would still only be 2-2 in Q1 games. Sucks that we’ve had so few opportunities for quality wins.

If we win out we are 2-4 seed. But we are going to go 24-7 regular season and either 1-1 or 2-1 in the tourney and get a 5/6 seed

Yes, he'll win coach of the year in the ACC too. Yes, they've had a really good year. But consider Forbes and Brey here. Both more deserving.

with an unbiased vote Forbes is coach of the year by a long shot. No question

Barring a complete collapse Coach k will not be lower than a 2. Either regular season or ACC tourney championship gets them a 1 seed.

Duke did beat Kentucky and Gonzaga (both whom will be in the mix for 1 seeds). I don’t see them winning out though as they will probably lose tonight and again versus Wake (maybe twice).

I don't like what the conference tournaments have become for P5. I rather have 3-5 extra conference games and declare the regular season champion... the champion. Unbalanced schedule be damned.

And this will be the first time since the JC year where I will be tuning into every WF matchup and care about winning the whole f'ing thing.

Even in the JC year you could feel it was fools gold and that the effort would ultimately be wasted.

Pop, you are aware K is retiring, right? His annual gift from the committee is #1 or #2 with an easy path. They’ll surely step it up this March.

You make a good point Ph. Might happen. We’ll see.

I don't like what the conference tournaments have become for P5. I rather have 3-5 extra conference games and declare the regular season champion... the champion. Unbalanced schedule be damned.

I don't mind the conference tourneys, just would much rather they be balanced, i.e. the fewest byes possible (like the NCAAT). To me, seeding should be the benefit gained through a higher finish; playing fewer games in the tourney is too much of an advantage. Obviously a 16-team conference would be perfectly balanced but, with the current layout, I suppose a sole bye for the top seed would be the best you could do.

Back