• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 25-9 (13-7), KP#33

I was thinking we were a lock after crushing the Pack yesterday with all the feel good stuff happening during the second half and after the game. But the truth is we're still very much on the inside of the bubble with no guarantees if we don't keep winning. Wednesday win is absolutely required, Thursday win over Miami would solidify us. I've seen several sites that don't even have us in right now which is alarming.

Any clarity on who our opponent would be yet in our ACCT opener? I'd much prefer BC or Pitt.

Last edited:
Looks like our Wednesday opponent will either be Pitt, BC or L'ville.

Who should we be keeping an eye on tonight in conference tournaments re bid stealers?

ESPN's bubble watch includes the following teams from outside the P6 conferences:

In:
Murray State
Gonzaga
Saint Mary's

Should be in:
Boise State
Colorado State
Davidson

Work to do:
North Texas
Wyoming
San Diego State
San Francisco
Loyola Chicago
BYU
VCU
Dayton
Iona
South Dakota State

Seems like the OVC could be a spoiler if Murray State somehow loses and I think it's a good thing for Gonzaga or Saint Mary's to win the WCC. Otherwise, Mountain West and Atlantic 10 are the conferences with multiple bubble teams on this list.

Who should we be keeping an eye on tonight in conference tournaments re bid stealers?

As far helping WF's metrics, Kennesaw State plays Jacksonville State in the ASUN Tourney tonight. A KSU win would help a little. Same with Oregon State at Wazzu (the same teams just played last weekend and the Beavers blew a late lead and lost in OT; Beavs are 0-3 in OT this year).

None of the conference tourney games tonight involve teams that are a lock to get in the NCAAs (meaning if they lost an at-large team would lose a bid).

In regular season games, it would help if Wes Miller's Cincy team beat SMU (Cincy has been terrible lately, and SMU is a bubble team);

Oregon is a bubble team. It would help if Washington upset them.

Michigan and Michigan State are both probably in, but if either team lost tonight, WF could make an argument that it is more deserving than either or both.

No one tonight, but weekend 1 the three that will matter are:
a) Ohio Valley - We need Murray St to win it or the conference would get 2 bids. They play Friday in the semis.
b) Missouri Valley - Loyola is right on the bubble. Best case is they win the tournament and it is a one bid league. If not, they might get a bid anyways. If they don’t win, losing tomorrow in the quarters is better than them winning games before losing in the finals, but that one is complicated. QF is Friday.
c) WCC - Gonzaga and St Mary’s are getting in. San Francisco is probably getting in but I say it with less certainty. BYU is on the bubble, probably outside the field as of today and starts playing Friday. Hope one of Gonzaga/St Mary’s wins the tournament and that BYU and San Francisco lose as early as possible.

Root against Michigan teams and Dallas teams tonight. It would be great to see Michigan lose at home vs Iowa and Michigan State is expected to lose on the road vs Ohio State. TCU is firmly in right now but it wouldn't hurt to see them lose tonight vs Kansas and then crash out of the Big 12 tourney in their first game. SMU is first four out on many brackets so let's hope Ody does us a favor and Cincy goes off on them today. Most of the smaller conference tournaments right now won't impact the brackets much - if the first place teams lose (even the teams with excellent records like Iona (24-5) and North Texas (22-4) I don't see those teams making it as at-larges). What we should be more worried about is cinderella teams winning multi-bid conference tourneys.

Seriously? Who the hell cares about bid stealers? We're winning the whole damn thing next week and going dancing. The Irish, Heels, Canes, Hoos, and Hokies can worry about the other games.

I don't understand what Lunardi is doing. Drops us 1 seed after crushing Ville and moves us up 2 after crushing State lol. Now he has UNC randomly back on the bubble which obviously I'm cool with.

2021-22 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 23-8 (13-7), KP#30

I think others have said his predictions start to go a bit crazier toward the end of the season as he’s fed more information.

However I thought someone posted that there’s a site ranking him as 54th in accuracy, and I would assume the Bracketologist for ESPN would be higher than that, given his insider info.

I think others have said his predictions start to go a bit crazier toward the end of the season as he’s fed more information.

However I thought someone posted that there’s a site ranking him as 54th in accuracy, and I would assume the Bracketologist for ESPN would be higher than that, given his insider info.

here are the rankings on bracket matrix. http://www.bracketmatrix.com/rankings.html
this site just compiles all the predictions and ranks them each year. Lunardi 54th. Palm 100th (out of 135).

i watched a podcast from the Delphi outfit last night and realized quickly why Lunardi is on ESPN. these guys were brutal. zero comfort in front of a camera. couldn't articulate for shit. data geeks but with no broadcasting skill. lundardi can at least perform in front of a camera. i said previously i think palm is on cbs because he was kind of a pioneer in bracketology.

Would rather be a 10 than a 9... but then again, fuck it. bring anyone on! our deacs will compete with anybody

I think whatever we're at right now we will not finish at. We can make a run and maybe get to a 7 seed. Or drop a bad one and go down to 10. 8/9 game STINKS

Would not shock me if the committee really wants a Forbes-Pearl matchup in the round of 32

Does anybody really think this team is going to advance in the NCAAT ? This doesn't seem like a Sweet Sixteen team unless they get really hot. We turn the ball over like crazy.

Back