• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 25-9 (13-7), KP#33

Thanks PhD. Blind squirrel theory in full effect.

ManMan and the Miracles, would be so great, even if just for 4 days at the ACCT.

Would love that to happen (win the ACCT) and that somehow got back to Doofus Manning.

Looks like the Deacs are +900 to win the ACC championship. Imma getting in on that one.

ManMan and the Miracles, would be so great, even if just for 4 days at the ACCT.

Would love that to happen (win the ACCT) and that somehow got back to Doofus Manning.

I’d like it but I’d rather we had a team nickname that made no reference to Manning. This team deserves its own identity.

that's fairly good value. this team could get hot and nobody in the ACC is 'unbeatable' this year

On the website I use Duke is -125 to win the tournament, and Wake is the second favorite at +698. UNC and ND are next at +798, Miami and VaTech are +997. I made a souvenir bet on us at +14000 to win the natty.

Early season WF opponent NC A&T is tied with under 4 minutes to go against Big South #1 seed Longwood. An Aggie win would give WF a little ratings bump. That said, rooting for Isaiah Wilkins and the Lancers.

Youtube fed me the Syracuse game winner 2 years ago in the Carrier Dome. Blech.

Poor Ish Massoud blocks out very well to get the board and instead, clearly "OVER THE BACK" on Syracuse and they win at the buzzer. No call.

Reminded me of Cameron this year where ManMan blocked out (I think) and OVER THE BACK. No call.

Curious about our defensive rebounding as we head into the tournament. Is over the back an old school call that is just no longer important or called?

that was not an over the back at duke this year

goaltending? probably. but it was clean going up

On the website I use Duke is -125 to win the tournament, and Wake is the second favorite at +698. UNC and ND are next at +798, Miami and VaTech are +997. I made a souvenir bet on us at +14000 to win the natty.

I wonder how this changes if UNC and Miami flip tomorrow in the standings.

Early season WF opponent NC A&T is tied with under 4 minutes to go against Big South #1 seed Longwood. An Aggie win would give WF a little ratings bump. That said, rooting for Isaiah Wilkins and the Lancers.

Longwood is up 69-65 in OT. Wilkins has 11 and 10.

And Longwood wins by 14 in OT. Bad beat for all those that had A&T +7.5 or the under. Ouch.

that was not an over the back at duke this year

goaltending? probably. but it was clean going up

Agreed, ManMan didn’t really jump which not only prevented him from getting the rebound but probably also getting any possible call. Then again, it was Duke, he wasn’t getting that call.

Agreed, ManMan didn’t really jump which not only prevented him from getting the rebound but probably also getting any possible call. Then again, it was Duke, he wasn’t getting that call.

Yeah, after Monsanto was tackled without a call I lost all hope. The good news is that Duke is the best team in the ACC, but we absolutely can beat them if we meet in NY.

I think it's going to look like this, though...we beat Pitt, we beat Miami, Syracuse actually beats Duke so we play that little bitch Buddy one last time before squaring off with, let's say Notre Dame. We win the ACCT and come in as a 6 seed.

Yeah, after Monsanto was tackled without a call I lost all hope. The good news is that Duke is the best team in the ACC, but we absolutely can beat them if we meet in NY.

I think it's going to look like this, though...we beat Pitt, we beat Miami, Syracuse actually beats Duke so we play that little bitch Buddy one last time before squaring off with, let's say Notre Dame. We win the ACCT and come in as a 6 seed.

If it comes to that, I would rather see Duke than Syracuse. We've struggled with zone defenses all season - if the opponent plays it well, at times it can eliminate LaRavia and/or ManMan from the offense. We needed OT to beat Syracuse at home and were blown out on the road. If we were to win, beating Duke would be much better for our NCAAT profile. If we were to lose, we're probably still in with two ACCT wins but I would prefer three losses to Duke on our resume than two to Syracuse.

We're probably in right now.

Win 1 in the ACCT and it's a question of where they seed us because we're in.

Win 2 and it's a question of how high can we get seeded.

But let's just go WTWGDT.

Back