• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 25-9 (13-7), KP#33

Alondes POY. Forbes COY. Alondes 1st team. LaRavia 2nd team.

IO2goRn.gif

And our zoom up NET from Wed, basically negated as we are back at 39.

Win 2 games, including quality Miami win and we are in no doubt. Just don't lie down like little babies and get steamroller by Duke.

Assuming we get by BC, I actually like slowing the pace a little versus Miami. Pound them on the boards and inside to negate their quickness factor a little.

Or just trust Forbes but 3 losses to Miami is not good.

Win 2 games, including quality Miami win and we are in no doubt. Just don't lie down like little babies and get steamroller by Duke.

Assuming we get by BC, I actually like slowing the pace a little versus Miami. Pound them on the boards and inside to negate their quickness factor a little.

Or just trust Forbes but 3 losses to Miami is not good.

We are NOT losing to those bitches a third time ...

I find that to be ridiculous and really hope not true. So NC shoot up to a solid 8 seed with one win? How can one compare NC to Miami and give them the higher seed? They both won @ Duke and Miami beat them by 30. Xavier lost 5 of 6 (7 of 9) and finished 8-11 in their conference. That still gets them safely in?

I find that to be ridiculous and really hope not true. So NC shoot up to a solid 8 seed with one win? How can one compare NC to Miami and give them the higher seed? They both won @ Duke and Miami beat them by 30. Xavier lost 5 of 6 (7 of 9) and finished 8-11 in their conference. That still gets them safely in?

Xavier (8-11) is one of several teams with a losing conference record projected as a tourney participant. TCU (8-10), Oklahoma State (8-10), Iowa State (7-11) and Oklahoma (7-11) are Big 8 teams and Indiana (9-11) from the Big 10 are receiving mention as well.

Who would have thought there would come a day when Wake could be 23-8, 13-7 and not receive a single vote in the AP top 25?

current KP rating is #34

if the WF bench had played as efficiently in the last 3:29 of the UL game as the starters had played, I estimate WF would be #26 in KP, just ahead of OSU, the second-best team in the ACC and ahead of Wisconsin, a consensus #2 seed (which points out a different set of KP issues)

The AP was quick to slide NC in the top 25 after their win. I want revenge on Miami but the sudden NC love has me wishing they got the 4 instead.

None of this is going to matter when we go on our revenge tour and win the ACCT Saturday...

Who would have thought there would come a day when Wake could be 23-8, 13-7 and not receive a single vote in the AP top 25?

We were on the cusp several times. We’ll get more love now in the Forbes era + better ooc schedules. Forbes is a great quote and his personality is paying dividends already with local and National media.

3/7 Bracket Matrix Update:

Last 4 byes:
Wake Forest
Michigan - plays IU in B1G 8/9
Miami
Notre Dame

To Dayton:
Wyoming- plays UNLV in MWC 4/5 game in Vegas Thursday
Xavier - plays Butler in Big East 8/9 Wednesday
Rutgers - B1G double bye and will likely play Iowa Friday
SMU - #2 seed in AAC; will play Wichita State-Tulsa winner Friday

First 4 out:
VCU - plays Friday, A10
Indiana
BYU
Oklahoma

Current ACC Net Standings & Wake Forest Record Against:

#9 Duke [2 Quad-1 losses]
#33 UNC [1 Quad-2 Win]
#37 Virginia Tech [1 Quad-1 Win]
- #39 Wake Forest
#50 Notre Dame [Quad-2 Win]
#59 Miami [Quad 1 loss/Quad-2 Loss]
#77 Virginia [Quad-2 Win]
#86 Clemson [Quad-2 Loss]
#94 Syracuse [Quad-3 Win/Quad-2 Loss]
#99 Florida State [Quad-3 Win/Quad-2 Win]
#137 Louisville [Quad-3 Loss/Quad-3 Win]
#146 NC State [2 Quad-3 Wins]
#158 Georgia Tech [Quad-3 Win]
#170 Boston College [Quad-4 Win]
#193 Pittsburgh [Quad-4 Win]

Overall Wake Conference Record: 13/7

by Quad :

Quad 1 Record: 1/3 [4 games]
Quad 2 Record: 4/3 [7 games]
Quad 3 Record: 6/1 [7 games]
Quad 4 Record: 2/0 [2 games]

If these idiots leave us out of ncaa's , it's crazy and i would not accept NIT BID

Howdy folks, from over the mountains! Just chirping in to you all over at ETSU-East. LOL. (*mostly* tongue-in-cheek) I've been following several of your all's conversations, observations, witticisms, etc. for this hoops season (and a smidgen last one). You have some erudite and knowledgeable posters. I'm not here to sling anything, or really debate things. I'm a 'moderate+' Deacon fan, and have been for a long time. Been sort of fed up, like you guys, with the UNC/Dook stranglehold over the ACC lately. I go WAY back watching and admiring (for the most part) ACC basketball. Back to when South Carolina was still in. In fact, I patterned some of my game after their John Roche, if any of you all are old enough to remember him. Actually used to enjoy the 4 corners games, for that matter.

Mostly I've been a huge admirer of Forbes, along with Williamson, Monsanto, Savage, McKie, and Hugley. Not to mention Isaiah Tisdale (graduate manager) was a stud here. Used to be of Jason Shay, too, altho his short tenure here didn't go well, shall we say - but he's a rock-solid assistant, especially on defense. So.....................it's been great to see the success of Forbes and his whole crew there. Well-deserved, as is obvious, and you guys don't need me to tell you that. We knew when he was here it couldn't last forever, and we knew what we had at the time. He's a true gem, and couldn't be held back. His dues-paying days have finally borne fruit. I think a HUGE part of the coaching success is that nearly the entire ETSU coaching staff made the migration with Forbes. It was and is an extremely cohesive and dialed-in coaching team.
If you don't mind, I'll probably throw up another post or a few, as there have been things from time-to-time that you all might have found interesting. And I'm open to any questions you might have, altho at this point in time, there may not be much need for those. Congratulations!!! Good luck in BOTH tourneys coming up!

(And thanks for letting me share a thing or two. :))

Why don’t you like Shay? Sounds like he got run out of town by a bunch of mouth breathing racist donors?

"I think a HUGE part of the coaching success is that nearly the entire ETSU coaching staff made the migration with Forbes. It was and is an extremely cohesive and dialed-in coaching team."

Thanks for posting and like you I've been around since the Bones era. Your statement that I posted above is appreciated. Agree with that statement. I am not familiar with many of the assistants but did follow McKie's career when he was in residence at USC. After the "Decade of Darkness" Forbes has been all that was advertised and more. We are extremely grateful for his professionalism and leadership.

Howdy folks, from over the mountains! Just chirping in to you all over at ETSU-East. LOL. (*mostly* tongue-in-cheek) I've been following several of your all's conversations, observations, witticisms, etc. for this hoops season (and a smidgen last one). You have some erudite and knowledgeable posters. I'm not here to sling anything, or really debate things. I'm a 'moderate+' Deacon fan, and have been for a long time. Been sort of fed up, like you guys, with the UNC/Dook stranglehold over the ACC lately. I go WAY back watching and admiring (for the most part) ACC basketball. Back to when South Carolina was still in. In fact, I patterned some of my game after their John Roche, if any of you all are old enough to remember him. Actually used to enjoy the 4 corners games, for that matter.

Mostly I've been a huge admirer of Forbes, along with Williamson, Monsanto, Savage, McKie, and Hugley. Not to mention Isaiah Tisdale (graduate manager) was a stud here. Used to be of Jason Shay, too, altho his short tenure here didn't go well, shall we say - but he's a rock-solid assistant, especially on defense. So.....................it's been great to see the success of Forbes and his whole crew there. Well-deserved, as is obvious, and you guys don't need me to tell you that. We knew when he was here it couldn't last forever, and we knew what we had at the time. He's a true gem, and couldn't be held back. His dues-paying days have finally borne fruit. I think a HUGE part of the coaching success is that nearly the entire ETSU coaching staff made the migration with Forbes. It was and is an extremely cohesive and dialed-in coaching team.
If you don't mind, I'll probably throw up another post or a few, as there have been things from time-to-time that you all might have found interesting. And I'm open to any questions you might have, altho at this point in time, there may not be much need for those. Congratulations!!! Good luck in BOTH tourneys coming up!

(And thanks for letting me share a thing or two. :))

"The Toughest Kid On Anybody's Block" was the SI cover story by Curry Kirkpatrick (UNC) where Roche said he wanted to win the ACC Tournament and drive
around the state of NC giving everyone the finger. He was , however , one hell of a player, and you could have made a whole lot of worse choices after which to pattern your game. Welcome to our board, and feel free to post when and if you wish.

Back